Greetings from the Windy City

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

mike_madine

Greetings from the Windy City

Post by mike_madine »

Hello.

My name is Michael Madine. I am new to the forum, but have been a Libera fan since 2008.

I used to sing in a choir in high school; so when I first heard Libera, I was hooked right away.

Even though I've been a fan since 2008, I have never been to a concert. I am planning to go to the concert in December, so maybe I'll get a chance to meet some of you guys in person even though I probably already follow some of you guys on Twitter and/or Instagram.

I'm not good at talking about myself, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
andmar
Silver Member

Re: Greetings from the Windy City

Post by andmar »

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

Wow, you have been a Libera fan for such a long time! It's great you decided to join? This is really a wonderful place where you can exchange opinions and thoughts, have much fun and meet fantastic people. I look forward to read your contributions.

So, you are going to attend the London December concert this year. Fantastic. I hope to meet you there.
Do you remember how you discovered Libera, where did you hear them for the first time? How do you like the new CD "Hope"?
mike_madine

Post by mike_madine »

I heard them on Youtube for the first time. I rally enjoyed the "Hope" CD. My favorite song is "Salve Regina". I really liked Rocco's part at the end.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Welcome Michael! I'm glad to see you have joined this forum! We're happy to have you here with us. :D I know you will have a great time at the concert in London in December! I just attended my first concert and it was fantastic!
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

I can't remember ever having such a rush of new members in such a short time, it's great! I wonder if this is off the back of their successful US tour? Anyway, the more the merrier please feel free to join in the discusions - we don't always agree (everybody else is deluded about the quality of exultate - worst case Emperor's new clothes I've ever seen :wink:) but we can disagree nicely :D Any way, I have a question for you, If Salve Regina is your favourite song on 'Hope' what is your favourite ever Libera song?

And on that note, here is my traditional welcome:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome Michael! It is so good that you can join us; and it sounds like you have been a fan for no short period of time. It's a pity that you were unable to make any of the US concerts, but now you are flying all the way to the UK to see them?! :shock: Wow! My jealousy has no limit of course. :mrgreen: I am sure that you will have a wonderful time as their Christmas concert is a unique event and is supposed to be quite good. "Salve Regina" is your favorite song too? Finally someone who agrees with me :lol:. I absolutely love that song as well as so many others on that album, but that one in particular is one of my all time favorites from any album.

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:59 am">6 years ago</span> ....we don't always agree (everybody else is deluded about the quality of exultate - worst case Emperor's new clothes I've ever seen :wink:) but we can disagree nicely :D
As you can see, Michael, opinions on various songs may differ rather widely; with some holding the wrong opinions (Yorkie) and others holding the more correct ones. :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Hello and welcome, Michael.
It's always nice to see new people join us on this forum - I'm sure this is a great place for Libera fans (especially for some one who has long been a fan of them like you). I am so glad (and a little bit jealous) that you can come to their concert in December. I hope you will have a whale of time there. :D
mike_madine wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:23 pm">6 years ago</span> My favorite song is "Salve Regina".
Nice pick!! I like it a lot, too. :wink:
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm">6 years ago</span> As you can see, Michael, opinions on various song may differ rather widely; with some holding the wrong opinions (Yorkie) and others holding the more correct ones.
And what is this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
mike_madine

Post by mike_madine »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:59 am">6 years ago</span> Any way, I have a question for you, If Salve Regina is your favourite song on 'Hope' what is your favourite ever Libera song?
I have trouble choosing my all-time favorite song, but "Going Home" by Josh and Min-Ben, and "Ave Maria" by Tom Delgado are definitely two songs that I love listening to the most.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hello Michael (Mike?),
a highly belated welcome also for my part! Being a Libera fan, you are 8 years ahead of me and therefore know so much more! :)

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:59 am">6 years ago</span> I can't remember ever having such a rush of new members in such a short time, it's great! I wonder if this is off the back of their successful US tour?
That's my guess, too.

You can look forward to the Christmas concert without any reservation: It will be great! I was there last December, and it was amazing, wonderful, marvelous, everything! Enjoy the waiting time and most of all, enjoy the time right before the beginning, because once it has started, it will fly by insanely quickly. You will enjoy every second and afterwards wonder why this was called an entire concert, as it was so short. :lol: It will fill you with superb sounds from your head to your toes.

mike_madine wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 pm">6 years ago</span> I have trouble choosing my all-time favorite song
That's the best sign! Libera has got so many good songs that we are only capable of choosing favourites among favourites.

Welcome again and enjoy your time in the forum!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"