Newbie on this site

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Newbie on this site

Post by Padmachou »

Hello :D

I just registered on this website. I've been a Libera fan for years and I am familiar with the french fan community on Libera Passion. I just thought it would be fun to share this interest with other people, and practise my english while doing so (I'm not a native english so I'm still learning).
Thank you for being amazing caring fans, I've already enjoyed your reviews for the US tour concerts ! I hope I'll be able to attend the St George's concert on december, it would only be my second time.

See you !

Padma
andmar
Silver Member

Re: Newbie on this site

Post by andmar »

Hello Padma,

Welcome to the forum. It's great that you decided to join. This is a great place to discuss and share thoughts as well as to meet fantastic people. Also for me it is a great place to practice and improve my English :) . I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Good to hear, you are going to the December concert in London. Meeting other fans in person is fantastic indeed.
See you in London then :D
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Hi Padmachou

Welcome, and I'm also a newbie here. It has not been long since I joined and I'm getting to love this place already, I hope that will also be the case for you.
Yes, it is very nice to know about others' opinions about Libera, isn't it? So if possible, please share your thoughts too :D

P/S: I also navigate through the Libera Passion site regularly but I don't know any French... :?
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Hello kinda_k00l, I'm just laughing at the thought of you scrolling on the french website and understanding nothing :lol: Why would you do that ? Well, I have to say we have fantastic updates on who is on tour, who isn't, about every boy's contribution to Libera and particularly solo parts.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I already feel at home, as I know a few people for their nicknames are sometimes quoted among the french community. Plus, everyone just seem to do the same things : hoping they will go to a concert, going to a concert and sharing, or not being there and reading as much as possible in repair... :wink:

Andmar, last time I went to London I met a friendly Korean fan but failed at meeting anyone I knew on the websites ! I should probably plan better this time... As I understand, you're not an english native speaker either ? Where are you from ?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 pm">6 years ago</span> Andmar, last time I went to London I met a friendly Korean fan but failed at meeting anyone I knew on the websites ! I should probably plan better this time... As I understand, you're not an english native speaker either ? Where are you from ?
I'm from Poland and I'm still quite a new Libera fan. I discovered them last December on YouTube and joined this site in April. I attended the concert in Ely and had the chance to meet other fans there. It was fantastic. :D

Even though my French knowledge equals nearly zero I like the French Libera Passion site (with a little help from the Google Translator) - especially the Libera Members section, which is a comprehensive source of information. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Padma and welcome to this forum.

I think we might have met at a concert at some point, probably Patrick introduced us??? Anyway, we greatly appreciate our friends on the French sister forum who provide a wealth of excellent information on the group.

Sorry, the subtitles are in Spanish on this one but here goes:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome Padma! Nobody here will judge you based on mistakes with language. We have many participants here for whom English is not a native language and this is no problem at all. Perhaps you will write a review for us after St George. Do not worry about comparing your reviews with others as my review of St Louis, whenever I write it, will not be as good or as detailed as the excellent reviews we have thus far.....and this coming from a native English speaker :).

What are your favorite songs? How did you discover Libera? I ask these questions because it is always fascinating to learn about others experiences and preferences. :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Hey Yorkie, I have never met Patrick really... so, it wasn't me ! ;) Thank you for the song, it sums up everything. Already knew and like it by the way.

Hi Surpinto ! I am looking forward on reading your reviews ;) Yes I sure will review the St George concert, but it won't come soon... I don't feel ashamed if I should do mistakes but feel free to correct me that would be helpfull !

I can't really remember how exactly I discovered Libera. I know it has been on Youtube, with "Adoramus" and "Sanctus" (THE song everyone knows). Maybe I was cheking on videos from The little singers of Paris (Petits Chanteurs à la Croix de bois), and the Little Singers of Saint-Marc (Lyon), because I used to like these choirs... it was before I had met such better ones like Libera or the Vienna boys choir. Then it has been years of digging and discovering new songs again and again, and fantastic voices... In the end I subscribed on the french website which allowed me to keep in touch with the news and concerts schedule. I have known for a while that Libera dreams exists, but it never occured to my mind that I could come here too ! I have no regret, it feels like discovering Libera again... great feeling :D

What about you ? How did you discovered Libera ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:20 pm">6 years ago</span> I can't really remember how exactly I discovered Libera. I know it has been on Youtube, with "Adoramus" and "Sanctus" (THE song everyone knows). Maybe I was cheking on videos from The little singers of Paris (Petits Chanteurs à la Croix de bois), and the Little Singers of Saint-Marc (Lyon), because I used to like these choirs... it was before I had met such better ones like Libera or the Vienna boys choir. Then it has been years of digging and discovering new songs again and again, and fantastic voices... In the end I subscribed on the french website which allowed me to keep in touch with the news and concerts schedule. I have known for a while that Libera dreams exists, but it never occured to my mind that I could come here too ! I have no regret, it feels like discovering Libera again... great feeling :D

What about you ? How did you discovered Libera ?
Many fans discovered Libera through YouTube and other online videos. I predate that time as I discovered them before YouTube or any of those other things when "Free" came out. I listened to that CD obsessively at the time eventually acquiring the others. I wrote an introduction about my discovery of Libera when I joined a few years back. :D