Hello from Pennsylvania

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by andmar »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:31 pm">6 years ago</span> .. Some of their earlier songs that are among my favorites include Agnus Dei, Something Sings, Twilight is Stealing, Grateful Heart, Sacris Solemnis and Voca Me...
I'm curious about the song Grateful Heart. Is it available only on YT? I couldn't find it on any Libera CD. It is not even listed on mavi's list (http://www.libera-songs.de/)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:06 pm">6 years ago</span>
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:31 pm">6 years ago</span> .. Some of their earlier songs that are among my favorites include Agnus Dei, Something Sings, Twilight is Stealing, Grateful Heart, Sacris Solemnis and Voca Me...
I'm curious about the song Grateful Heart. Is it available only on YT? I couldn't find it on any Libera CD. It is not even listed on mavi's list (http://www.libera-songs.de/)
I remember that it was sung in 2012 on their Channel Islands tour TDL if I remember correctly. Josh also sang Faithful Heart on the same set list and he must have been 16 at the time.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is this the version you're looking for?

andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Well, Jay_S mentioned Grateful Heart and NOT Faithful Heart. That's why I am asking, as the song Grateful Heart doesn't seem to be on any Libera CD. I have just found the same YT video as posted by TullyBascombe:
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 am">6 years ago</span> Is this the version you're looking for?
@Jay_S - you mean Grateful Heart, don't you? Where do you know it from? Only from YT?

It's interesting, why the song isn't included on any Libera CD.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 am">6 years ago</span> @Jay_S - you mean Grateful Heart, don't you? Where do you know it from? Only from YT?
Yes andmar. I did mean "Grateful Heart". I have not seen that song anyplace other than YouTube.

That being said, "Faithful Heart" is another beautiful song

"with a down derry, derry down down"
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm">6 years ago</span> I remember that it was sung in 2012 on their Channel Islands tour TDL if I remember correctly. Josh also sang Faithful Heart on the same set list and he must have been 16 at the time.
I believe "Grateful Heart" was first on a concert set list for the 2012 Singapore/Tokyo tour. It was sung by Stefan. I was there for the Tokyo performances but I cannot say that I remember much about it. Thereafter it was performed on several tours through 2012 and 2013 by TDL and Michael U-R singing alternate verses. When listing highlights of the Taiwan tour I wrote: "Tom's final note in 'Grateful Heart' - how can he hold it for so long and so effortlessly".

Also wrote: "At the signing sessions several of the boys would ask "Which was your favourite song". There seemed to be some sort of competition going on. Whether this was like a horse race and each had tried to pick a winner or they were rooting for their own solo, I don't know.
After some deliberation, I picked "Grateful Heart" as the photo-finish winner between it and "The Moon Represents my Heart".
This was greeted with a "Yesssss!!!" from Tom but with a sigh of disappointment from Michael U-R, which leaves me no wiser as they share the honours for "Grateful Heart".

I would definitely like to see it make a concert comeback and perhaps be recorded - but who of the current members should be the soloist(s)?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Thank you Yorkie and john45.
It is a beautiful song indeed.
I wonder now, if there are more songs like this one - sung in concerts, but not recorded on any CD.