Hullo

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

rubberduckysquawk

Hullo

Post by rubberduckysquawk »

Hullo all!

Contrary to expectations, I'm not sure I could describe myself as a long time Libera fan. Because I first heard about them in January when I happened to hear a snippet of what sounded like a choral rendition of Pachelbel's Canon (one of my all time favorite pieces, I love everything Canon), in a video. Turns out it was really an inferior sound effect that happened to sound rather like Sanctus, but hey, I'm not complaining about Sanctus. I'm not sure I qualify as a fan either, because frankly I have no real idea who the Tom and John people lavish effusive praises upon in YouTube comments, are...

As for the user name, I couldn't think of anything decent and so I just chose the first thing that came to mind. I don't know why it came to mind because it's been ages since I had a bath with a rubber ducky floating about :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hullo

Post by Surpinto »

Well that explains the name! :lol:

Welcome! As you read more here and explore YouTube and perhaps even paid downloads of their music, you will definitely come to know the pieces that many of us talk about. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Hullo

Post by Yorkie »

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Sanctus is possibly the backbone of the Libera repertoire, it is in most of the concerts they perform. Now that you have found them have you listened to any of their other tracks? There are a few of the older ones that are based on classical pieces. Don't worry about not knowing who people are; you'll either get there or you won't and to be honest the turnover is so quick that it is difficult to keep up with who's who!

So, here is my official welcome to the forum:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love