Greetings from Poland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Greetings from Poland

Post by andmar »

Hello everyone,

my name is Andrzej and I am new here. I am quite a new Libera fan. I live in southern Poland.

Well, to be honest, I saw one or two Libera videos like 10 or 12 years ago but, somehow, they did not attract me. Then, last December, I was looking for some interesting Christmas music on YouTube. By "interesting" I mean music, which doesn't belong to the pop mainstream, which is played in most radio stations before Christmas. Scrolling through YouTube I run across... , well yes, of course, Libera's video "Carol Of The Bells". I listened to it once, then for the second time, then for the third time... and I became "infected" with the music. This state even deepened as I discovered other Libera videos and music pieces, and I got to know more details about the group. So, this is how I became a Libera fan. And it is not only about the music which is more than beautiful, but also about what Libera is and what values they represent.

I only wish I had discovered Libera earlier. They were in Cracow last summer and I would for sure have come to see them in concert, as I live only about 100km away. Anyway, now I am looking very much forward to the concert in Ely. It was a very spontaneous decision to come to the concert and I am very excited about it.

Since last December I have been also silently reading this forum and finally I decided to join, as there are so many nice people who share the same passion. Thank you for your posts and specially for the concert reviews. Reading them is like almost being there.

Many greetings from Poland.
Andrzej

P.S. Please, apologize my language mistakes and awkwardness as my English is not perfect.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Re: Greetings from Poland

Post by ludwig1874 »

Welcome Andrzej!! I want always visit poland, especially Warschau! Enjoy the Music of libera!!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! :D

"Carols of the Bells" is their most popular song on YouTube with 5.5 million views :shock: but once you hear the group sing and discover their other gems, there is no going back - as you have found out for yourself. I am very excited for you that not long after discovering them online you are getting to see them live in concert. I am sure that it will be a fantastic concert and I hope that you share your impressions of your very first Libera concert in detail here at this forum. :D

Hope to read more from you soon.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Andrzej, welcome to the forum.

Carol of the Bells is definitely a winner but do any other songs stand out for you? I really love the older stuff and I'm campaigning to get Vespera added to the concert set list! I'll be in Ely too so hopefully will see you there. I'm looking forward to your review as well :wink:

Now, here is my 'official' welcome to you:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Hi Andmar!

Welcome, and we're glad you've joined us. I see you're headed to your first concert. I'm happy for you; you'll never forget it.

You might have seen it already, but a nice 2009 TV special on Libera -

And a massive site that tells all about Libera back from when they 'started'. (At the top of the page are links to the earlier pages.)

http://li-berahistoricalt-imelinepart1a.blogspot.com

Have fun meeting other Libera fans at the concert. And if they have a signing afterward, you can tell the boys (and staff) how much you appreciate their time and hard work.

Cheers!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Thank you for your warm welcome.
Thank you for the links and videos.

The Libera Historical Timeline is a fantastic source of information. I am slowly going through and enjoying every paragraph.

So far I had the two last Libera DVDs (Christmas in Ireland and Angels Sing in America), but inspired by Yorkie, I have purchased older CDs lately: Eternal, Luminosa and Libera. Yes, indeed, Vespera and Mysterium are beautiful songs. I'd love to hear them in a concert once. BTW, the older pieces by Libera sound a bit more classical than the newer ones, don't they? I find it really fascinating, that Libera's repertoire is so differential - classic, modern or both together. There are many choirs, but there is only one Libera!

I am afraid Surpinto is right ;)
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:19 pm">7 years ago</span> but once you hear the group sing and discover their other gems, there is no going back

Well, I am at the beginning as a Libera fan, but I will step forward slowly. Just to fully enjoy each piece of music.

Now I am excited about the concert in Ely and I'd love to meet some of you there.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi andmar,

Welcome to the forum and yes, going on slowly is a very good way. I am a "15 months old" Libera fan now and do the same and it makes me enjoy it all the more. Therefore, there are still some songs I have - very deliberately - never heard, because I want each cd that I get to give me something new and I would like to postpone to know every song as long as I can. :wink:

One of my newest cds is "Libera". There were four songs I had never heard, and two of them felt like "revelations" really, these were Beata Lux and Sancte - fantastic songs!

I have even stopped reading the "Hope" thread and have not listened to the 2nd and the 3rd teaser yet, because I want some surprises to wait for me the day when I hold the cd in my hands. After listening to it, I will catch up reading the thread and listening to the teasers. :D

This page is in German, but maybe you can also take advantage from it, because it collects information about all the songs, concerts and albums:
www.libera-songs.de

See you in Ely!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Thank you filiarheni for the link.
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:52 pm">7 years ago</span> This page is in German, but maybe you can also take advantage from it, because it collects information about all the songs, concerts and albums:
www.libera-songs.de
It will be useful for me, as I also know German. As the matter of fact, I have also been reading the German language forum http://www.libera-welt.de for a couple of weeks and I can see, you are also very active there.

Thank you for your really interesting posts. And see you in Ely.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Great! And thank you for your very nice compliment! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Hello again,

I would like to thank you once again for the warm welcome to the forum.

It is less that one week left to the concert in Ely. I will be there together with my wife and we'd really love to meet someone of you there in person. Our seats are C12 and C13 - if you'd like to find us.

See you in Ely.