From the Netherlands

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Ronnieb

From the Netherlands

Post by Ronnieb »

Hi Libera fans,

Only recently I got to know Libera. I wish I've got to know them earlier, but beter late then never I supose :wink: .
By coïncidence I found a music video (walking in the air, which was used for a commercial?) and I kept on searching. My heart was really touched by the beautifull voices, harmony and music :D . If there's a heaven it could sound like this in my imagination. With their apearance they almost look like angels o:-) .
Especially the song: Going home, with the solo's performed by Ben, Tom and Josh hearing them and reading the text I cried hearing it the first time :oops: .
My favourites are: Time, with the powerfull solo of Ben, Libera, I am the day, O Sanctissima, Salva me, Adoramus, Lacrymosa and many more.

I think, Libera sharing their love for beautifull music makes the world a bit a better place to live in!
Thank you to all past, present and future members of Libera for bringing joy to the world with your music and presence!
I hope you will keep doing this for as long as its fun to do!
Thank you all Libera!

Happy greetings, Ron from Holland
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: From the Netherlands

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! Libera are an amazing group with excellent music. Many of their songs and arrangements can be just as moving as you have experienced for yourself. That is what has compelled many of us to join a fan forum such as this one to discuss the group's activities and wonderful music. I also like many of the songs that you named; they are good ones.

I hope to read more from you in the future :D
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

A warm welcome Ron!

I'm glad you discovered Libera also. And it's never too late. The good thing is that at least there are plenty (and I do mean plenty) of videos and recordings of them over the years, so that you'll be busy for quite a while catching up on what they've been doing for the last 20 years or so (30 if you count the St. Philips' days).

You might want to visit the Libera Historical Timeline (now in 9 parts with 15 web pages) also to get some perspective as to what they've been up to and how they have arrived at their current popularity. http://liberatimeline.blogspot.com

And if you haven't seen the TV special from 2009, it's a nicely done summary of the Libera experience.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Welcome to the forum! :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Ron

Welcome to the forum and definitely better late than never :D

Walking in the Air was a song in an animated film ((The Snowman) and was originally sung by a lad called Peter Auty. It was then rerecorded by Aled Jones for a commercial and was covered by St Philip's Boys Choir on their Angel Voices 3 album (which was what Libera were known as back then) & was sung by the legend Liam O'Kane.

Enough of my boring facts, here is my traditional forum welcome:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Don't forget Libera once performed in the Netherlands:

Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

Surpinto wrote:Welcome! Libera are an amazing group with excellent music. Many of their songs and arrangements can be just as moving as you have experienced for yourself. That is what has compelled many of us to join a fan forum such as this one to discuss the group's activities and wonderful music. I also like many of the songs that you named; they are good ones.

I hope to read more from you in the future :D

Thank you Surpinto!
Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

hiskeys wrote:A warm welcome Ron!

I'm glad you discovered Libera also. And it's never too late. The good thing is that at least there are plenty (and I do mean plenty) of videos and recordings of them over the years, so that you'll be busy for quite a while catching up on what they've been doing for the last 20 years or so (30 if you count the St. Philips' days).

You might want to visit the Libera Historical Timeline (now in 9 parts with 15 web pages) also to get some perspective as to what they've been up to and how they have arrived at their current popularity. http://liberatimeline.blogspot.com

And if you haven't seen the TV special from 2009, it's a nicely done summary of the Libera experience.
Thanks Hiskeys, there sure is so much more to discover, thanks for the tips. I wachted the TV special, very good!
Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

chris17 wrote:Welcome to the forum! :D
Thanks!
Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

Yorkie wrote:Hi Ron

Welcome to the forum and definitely better late than never :D

Walking in the Air was a song in an animated film ((The Snowman) and was originally sung by a lad called Peter Auty. It was then rerecorded by Aled Jones for a commercial and was covered by St Philip's Boys Choir on their Angel Voices 3 album (which was what Libera were known as back then) & was sung by the legend Liam O'Kane.

Enough of my boring facts, here is my traditional forum welcome:

Thank you Yorkie, I don't mind facts. It's good to know some history. I think The song I heard they made a sort of parody of it for a commercial: Something good came from it: I found Libera :-)
Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

TullyBascombe wrote:Don't forget Libera once performed in the Netherlands:

Yes Tullybascombe, thanks I saw the whole video. Wish I've seen it live, very nice!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Welcome Ronnie, how nice to see a fellow Dutchman on here :D
Did you know one of the current boys has a Dutch family background? His name is Merlin Brouwer :)
I also got to know Libera about a year after they filmed the DVD in Leiden... Here's to hoping they return one day - or at least to mainland Europe, like last summer.

(...and my greetings to a fellow Dutchman is also my 2100th post ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Ronnieb

Post by Ronnieb »

maartendas wrote:Welcome Ronnie, how nice to see a fellow Dutchman on here :D
Did you know one of the current boys has a Dutch family background? His name is Merlin Brouwer :)
I also got to know Libera about a year after they filmed the DVD in Leiden... Here's to hoping they return one day - or at least to mainland Europe, like last summer.

(...and my greetings to a fellow Dutchman is also my 2100th post ;))
Hey Maarten fellow Dutchmen,

Thanks. I didn't know about Merlin Brouwer, i'll take a look.
I hope so too that Libera is coming to the Netherlands again!