Greetings from Texas

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

henrylonghorn

Greetings from Texas

Post by henrylonghorn »

Hello everybody of the Libera family, my name is Henry and I am from Texas.

I've been an active Libera fan for about four months now. I appreciate all of the information on this forum as well as the other fansites. The additional information has made me understand how blessed we are to have Libera's music. I've written about my past experiences in detail on the fantastic Libera US site, so you may read more about me here if you are interested.

It seems I still have much to learn about Libera. I only have the albums since Angel Voices (2006), so I don't know much about anyone or any songs before the generation of Tom & Josh ("boys" my age).

I just went to the San Antonio concert last night with my family. We were very lucky to be treated with a concert within driving distance so soon from knowing Libera! I will be posting my review in the appropriate thread here.

I look forward to knowing all of you and sharing my thoughts with you! Happy Easter!
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for posting and welcome. I have read your review in the other thread and enjoyed its detail. I suggest you check out the Libera Timeline if you want to learn more about Libera's history; it's maintained by Amy a devoted fan. Many of us have posted exactly what you did on that blog, that we found the sound of Libera soothing and moving.

Your blog post reminded me of a BBC special about Libera in which they interviewed a blind man navigating his way around a large city including a noisy subway using his hearing and cane. He said that with all of the chaos that Libera was literally a life line for him and he listened to them on his headphones on the train. It seems that in your past they were a life line for you as well. That's wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed the concert. Hope to read more from you!
henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

Hello Surpinto! Thank you for your welcome and reading my (very long) posts!

I've been reading on the Timeline, though I'm only through the year 2014 and 2015. Just like world history, there is way more information on the recent years than the past. I'll definitely get through all of it before my next concert!

I'm also following Mr. Rexroad's and guests' blogs. In fact, I felt compelled to share my experiences after reading all of the genuine posts that came before mine. Hopefully my words will help a few newcomers "convert" to Libera and "invest in belief," as Mr. Rexroad phrases it.
Surpinto wrote:Your blog post reminded me of a BBC special about Libera in which they interviewed a blind man navigating his way around a large city including a noisy subway using his hearing and cane. He said that with all of the chaos that Libera was literally a life line for him and he listened to them on his headphones on the train. It seems that in your past they were a life line for you as well.
I'm very glad that you mentioned this video. I've actually stumbled across this clip before. The man's story moved me greatly, perhaps because I was in a similarly desperate situation so many years ago. Even today, I like to take "Libera breaks" going to and from my university campus and in between classes. Libera's music reminds me of greater things and help me cope with difficult situations.

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Henry & welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking the time to post about what brought you to Libera and also your thoughts on the concert (which I read first). I have to say you have still got some great Libera albums to uncover - the first three are amongst my very favourites & some great voices back then too.

Which brings me to my usual greeting for new members:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Sorry I'm late-- Welcome!
henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

What an interesting video, Yorkie! May I ask how this special welcome originated?

Alcesalcesobservator, nice to meet you!

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

henrylonghorn wrote:What an interesting video, Yorkie! May I ask how this special welcome originated?
...because I'm slightly bonkers? :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think it should be obvious, it's a traditional British welcome.