Hello from western Canada ...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Robolib7

Hello from western Canada ...

Post by Robolib7 »

Hello everyone.

I first discovered Libera on YouTube in 2005 when I came across a video of the song Far Away sung by Michael Horncastle. Something about that song - the lyrics, the melody, Michael's voice - gave me chills. Other boys have performed this song exceptionally well but, for me, this song will always be Michael's song and probably my favourite Libera song. Even now, years later, it still can make me emotional.

I am sure that many of us could tell a story about a Libera song that touched us. There’s something special about their music. It entertains me, relaxes me, makes my good moods even better and taps into a certain part of me that needs to be awakened once in a while.

While I may never manage to get to one of their concerts, I look forward to experiencing Libera for many more years to come.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from western Canada ...

Post by Surpinto »

Hi Robolib7,

You are right, we all have stories of how their music has touched us in a special way; thank you for sharing yours! I got introduced to them around the time they released "Free" and so many of the songs from that album are extra special to me such as "Stay with Me".

"Far Away" is a favorite among many fans and is a beautiful song.

I hope you stay and participate here. Though many of us have known about them for ages, not everyone has managed to attend a concert. It took me about ten years to get to my first. It doesn't in any way take away from the power of their music.

I hope to read more from you.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Robolibb7,

MH & Far Away was my introduction to Libera as well, although later than you. It's a shame you haven't been able to make it a concert yet but I suspect they will hit Canada again at some point - start saving because it really is a great experience to see them live and sharing the experience with other fans :D

Anyway, thank you for joining us and may I say:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

Hi Yorkie. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I thought of trying to get to Chicago in April - a 3 hour flight for me and the closest of the five Spring Tour venues. Unfortunately, it just won't work out this time.
I am however looking forward to watching the PBS Libera in America broadcast online later this afternoon at http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online.

Neither of my two locally available PBS television stations appear to be carrying the Libera concert so I will have to be satisfied with this until I get my hands on the DVD.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Hi and welcome.

I see Yorkie has already given you his infamous welcome.

Glad you found us.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato