Hello from Holland...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Henricus

Hello from Holland...

Post by Henricus »

Hello everybody,

I am a Libera-fan from Holland. A friend of mine had tickets for the Libera concerts in Leiden in 2007. He asked me if I wanted to go to the concerts with him. And I did. We went to both of the 2 concerts Libera did in Leiden. Since that time I have been a fan. We also visited a concert of Libera in 2008 in London. In London Libera also did a meet and greet.

My favorite Libera CD is the album 'Libera' from 1999. My favorite songs of this album are: Salva Me, Sanctus, Agnus Dei, Jubilate and Lux eterna.

Some other interests of mine: Visiting old churchbuildings (although I'm not really religious), painting and making sculptures.

Greetings from Henricus
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Holland...

Post by Surpinto »

Nice to meet you. The Leiden DVD is excellent, it must have been very nice seeing it in person.
Henricus

Post by Henricus »

Surpinto wrote:Nice to meet you. The Leiden DVD is excellent, it must have been very nice seeing it in person.
Yep... It was a fantastic experience. The church in Leiden, in which the concerts were recorded, was also very beautiful. A year later I saw Libera in a concert in the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London. The QEH is a normal Theatre. I must say that the experience of seeing Libera in a church environment made more impact on me than seeing them in a theatre.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

For me the theatre is the better option, as "seeing" is to me as important as hearing. In a theatre with tiered seating everyone gets a view. Not so in Churches or Cathedrals with flat seating unless one is fortunate enough to be in the first few rows. Also in the past seats at the religious venues have not been numbered - it was down to first come, first served so the hardy supporters here willing to spend several, indeed many, hours in a queue had their just reward. The remainder with "premium" seating had seats commensurate with the time spent queuing! The exception (in the UK at least) was the recent concert at St John's Church, when numbered seats were allocated - a much better system and long may it continue :) .

My first "live" experience of Libera was at the Epsom Playhouse back in early 2011 when I was completely captivated by the visual and audio presentation of the concert. I suspect if my first concert had been in a Church I would not have been so keen to follow up with all the UK concerts I have attended since.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Henricus,

Wow - you got witness Leiden live, I'm really jealous. Was your friend a Libera fan at the time he got the tickets or was it a lucky chance? I think I agree that the concerts have more of an atmosphere in a church/cathedral; if the guys doing the sound & lighting nail it (which must be difficult in a new venue with just a few hours to set things up) then it is guaranteed to be a great show. One of my best memories of a Libera concert was of the Mysterium in Chester where the building, sound, lighting, & singing just came together in perfect harmony.

So, welcome and:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Hi Henricus

Welcome to our friendly little place.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato