Greetings from Yokohama, Japan

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

ludwig1874
Silver Member

Greetings from Yokohama, Japan

Post by ludwig1874 »

Hello, I am Ludwig from Japan! I am living here for three years. Here I hear Libera for the first time! Now I got nearly all japanese issues of their CDs and DVDs. But the Leiden-Concert-DVD is sold out or costs up to 150 Dollar... My first track of Libera was "Time" and this was my "recreation-day"! I never heart such a beautiful music - and the solo-singer (Mini-) Ben impressed me so much. Here in Japan Libera is very popular!! Now I am waiting for the japanese Version of "libera in America"... If anybody want to know more about Japan, please answer me!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Greetings from Yokohama, Japan

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Ludwig, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I often think that Libera has more fans in Japan than anywhere else in the world. I think it is about time for another tour over there - Libera haven't announced their summer plans yet....

Regarding the Leiden DVD - have you considered buying from Amazon UK? The DVD is region free so will work in Japan.

Which leaves me with my usual welcome of:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Thank you for the warm welcome! And thanks for the hint with "Amazon uk". But I don`t know, if they deliver to Japan, I am not a customer yet...

I owned the japanese Version of the leiden-concert a few month ago, but the Quality was not good. The Picture was not sharp. Somebody thinks now, that is because of NTSC, but I own the jap. Special Edition of "peace" with the DVD, and this is NTSC too. The Quality here is outstanding, I don`t know, why the jap. DVD is not... This is the cause of not buying this DVD now...
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Welcome Ludwig! Yes, Time is a great song, especially alternating between the two soloists.

And yes, I had two or three Leiden DVDs on order with Amazon for almost the entire 2014 year, and then finally gave up and told them to cancel them. I wasn't sure whether Libera was waiting for a certain amount of demand in order to go back and have more produced. It is on YouTube, but it's not the same as having a separate DVD.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Thanks for your reply! I hope the Leiden-DVD will be produced next time...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hey, Ludwig. Nice to have you here. I have seen how popular they are in Japan. The fans are very enthusiastic there. Libera would never get such a reaction in the US or UK. I think it must be a cultural difference in behavior norms, would you say that's right? Anyway, welcome to the forum. I snatched up the Leiden DVD on super sale somewhere from someone foolish enough to want to unload it for cheap so I got very lucky :D but you can easily find it online at Youtube at pretty much the same DVD quality.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You could try looking for used copies of the Leiden DVD on e-bay.
Oh, and welcome to Libera Dreams.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Now I am living in china, Shenyang. Here you can buy some special CDs of libera. The hong kong release of peace in a hardcover was the most interesting CD, which I have bought. And a collection of libera videos on three dvds.... My most expressing CD was the peace, japan limited edition, as a promotional cd with the mark " sample on the inner ring of the cd and dvd. I could buy this ultra rare set two times! The seller did not know, what he was selling... :wink: I can post some photos, if you want....