New here

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

New here

Post by Surpinto »

Hi Everybody! This is my first time registering on any fansite in my whole life so I am pretty excited and nervous to be here. I'm from the U.S.

A friend of mine, who is knowledgeable about music, introduced me to Libera about a decade ago. I never considered myself a fan of boy choir music, but I enjoy classical/classical style music, so he thought I would enjoy their music too. He was right! Since then I always listen to them particularly during periods of high stress at work as their music soothes my nerves and puts me in a better frame of mind. Their ethereal style opened me up to new styles of music I did not ever consider.

I wanted to register here after seeing the concert in Washington; my first time seeing them in concert. I was so very moved by the singing. I did not believe that they would sound as good in concert as on the recordings - they sounded amazing at the concert, better live for sure! I was so surprised by the ability of these young men to perform for such a long live concert and do such a terrific job; sounding so professional the whole time. Only because of reading this forum did I realize how much the Libera organization fosters such wonderful talent and actually loses money on these trips. So besides promptly donating some money to them (at the very least to cover the cost of the free concert I had so greatly enjoyed) I decided to register here as well.

I am not sure I have too much to contribute because I am not a music expert like some of you guys seem to be, but I look forward to participating here just the same.

Go Libera! :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New here

Post by TullyBascombe »

Welcome to Libera Dreams, Surpinto.
There's a guy known as Yorkie here who will be along shortly with something to say.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:Welcome to Libera Dreams, Surpinto.
Thank you for the welcome! I just finished listening to "Stay with me" which is one of my all time favorites while driving home and it reminded me to login and see if anybody responded :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Hi and welcome, their music certainly helps with the stress of work, I often listen to them driving home from work, which helps me wind down. Becoming a member of Libera Dreams is in itself a very valuable contribution alone, it shows support and make the administration of this fan site worthwhile.

We hope you enjoy reading the many many topics here and check back often.

Yorkie!

Were are you? you normally have something for the new members.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Hi Surpinto,

If you're interested in Libera's history, you might want to check out http://liberatimeline.blogspot.com/.

Welcome,
Amie
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Surpinto, welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear from new members and glad you had a good time at the concert. I couldn't make it myself but there were a few other forum members there. One of the best things about following Libera is the new friends that you make from all over the world. I have made some good friends over the years and some of them are even Americans!!! :wink:

You don't need to be an expert on music to participate so don't worry about that. All opinions welcome (although I'm not always sure that mine are....)

Which only remains for me to give my traditional British welcome:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

A hearty welcome!

My first concert(s) were the two in April, and I can echo your sentiments in that I was also pleasantly surprised at how well they sounded in person.

I brought a youth group friend and we drove up from Florida. We took the boring I-95 on the way up, and the more scenic I-81 back through the Shenandoah Valley.

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to see them. There's nothing like being there and seeing how professional are, in addition to their singing talents.

I would have liked to have seen it packed. I had a few friends in Maryland that were planning to come (4, maybe 6), but were too sick to come at the last minute.

I think the beautiful venue and dramatic lighting will make this a wonderful DVD.

Welcome again, and as has been said, check out the Libera Timeline for tons of info on Libera.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks all for the welcome! I hope that combining several replies into one isn't considered bad manners or anything :)
paul30003 wrote:Hi and welcome, their music certainly helps with the stress of work, I often listen to them driving home from work, which helps me wind down. Becoming a member of Libera Dreams is in itself a very valuable contribution alone, it shows support and make the administration of this fan site worthwhile.

We hope you enjoy reading the many many topics here and check back often.
Thank you so much for you welcome and for what you do. It must be a big job to administrate this forum and I am grateful for the time you spend to make it available to us all. I have started reading some of the older posts as well but only a little at a time.
Yorkie wrote:Hello Surpinto, welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear from new members and glad you had a good time at the concert. I couldn't make it myself but there were a few other forum members there. One of the best things about following Libera is the new friends that you make from all over the world. I have made some good friends over the years and some of them are even Americans!!! :wink:

You don't need to be an expert on music to participate so don't worry about that. All opinions welcome (although I'm not always sure that mine are....)

Which only remains for me to give my traditional British welcome:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Thank you for the musical welcome! It seems that you make it a point to welcome all newbie's and that is very thoughtful! It means a lot to feel welcomed somewhere when you're new so I am sure you have made quite a few newbie's feel welcomed. I am new to any sort of fan website at all so this is a bigger deal for me than for most.

As for meeting others, that seems cool for sure. I am amazed after reading this place just how many of the folks here regularly travel great distances to see them. While I certainly couldn't financially or logistically take off to go see them in places terribly far from home, I will definitely make every effort to do so should they come to the United States east coast again. It would be cool to meet fellow Libera lovers there especially since so many of the participants here seem so nice...even the Brits :)
hiskeys wrote:A hearty welcome!

My first concert(s) were the two in April, and I can echo your sentiments in that I was also pleasantly surprised at how well they sounded in person.

I brought a youth group friend and we drove up from Florida. We took the boring I-95 on the way up, and the more scenic I-81 back through the Shenandoah Valley.

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to see them. There's nothing like being there and seeing how professional are, in addition to their singing talents.

I would have liked to have seen it packed. I had a few friends in Maryland that were planning to come (4, maybe 6), but were too sick to come at the last minute.

I think the beautiful venue and dramatic lighting will make this a wonderful DVD.

Welcome again, and as has been said, check out the Libera Timeline for tons of info on Libera.
Thanks for the welcome. I missed the concert in April after they cancelled the performance I had a tickets for :( It was simply too difficult for me to make the other performances for purely logistical reasons. I was bummed!

Indeed they are amazing in concert and aside from hearing their beautiful and moving music, it is really nice to support young people who are committed to this endeavor. Even if they do not pursue music as adults, the self confidence they gain is invaluable; as well as the camaraderie they seem to have with each other

You drove a long way to see them! But I guess that's nothing compared to some who make major international trips to see the concerts. Now that I have seen one myself I completely understand why they do it! I would too, if I could afford it and could manage time off from work.

I think the DVD will be excellent, I'll be waiting impatiently until it comes out. It needs to come out RIGHT NOW :mrgreen:
Amie_Hill wrote:Hi Surpinto,

If you're interested in Libera's history, you might want to check out http://liberatimeline.blogspot.com/.

Welcome,
Amie
I have started checking out the timeline. Amazing work! It will take me a good while to get through it all, but I'll give it the old college try! Thank you for putting that together, I can imagine it must have been a big job that took a very long time, but I am sure that all of the fans appreciate it. I know I do and I have not even gotten past the late 1990's yet on the timeline, but I promise you that I will. Thank you!
dongtosh

Post by dongtosh »

Hi! I'm new here too! I would like to watch more videos of them. Where can I find it?

Check out my Facebook & Twitter!
Last edited by dongtosh on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You can try their official website, the link is posted on Libera Dream's home page under the button labeled "Weblinks". You can search for them on YouTube.
Naomaruta

Post by Naomaruta »

introduced me to Libera about a decade ago. I never considered myself a fan of boy choir music,