Hi from Germany!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Sigi

Hi from Germany!

Post by Sigi »

Hello you all!

Greetings from Germany...I've heard about Libera five days ago....seems, that I became a fan five seconds later...
Maybe I should be a member of that choir? Ok, i'm 50 and my voice sounds like the animal to the left, but miracles always happen, right?

Wonderful Group and a wonderful sound, and I think, this forum a good place to find good fellows, right?

Thanks for that Forum and the posibillitiy to be in here!

Sigi
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Hi from Germany!

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Sigi, welcome to the forum.

Another German fan, some of the most dedicated Libera fans come from Germany - hopefully you can make it to a concert at some point and meet them. So, how did you find out about Libera? Are you a fan of choirs?

I guess I need to extend my usual welcome to a new forum member......

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Oh, how i found out...i was looking for a film-music (Patriot game, Harrison Ford, funeral Scene.) I found out, that the music seems to differ between the original-version and the german one. I tried to find the song via YouTube. Then i found the Version "going home". Really strange to hear a text about dying in the "I" form from such a nice looking, nice smiling and nice singing young boy, really...but it sounded great. it seemed to be a part of a concert (Joshua Madine in leiden?).

Normaly i don't hear choirs, for example choirs like "Wiener Sängerknaben". Well, very good voices, no doubt. But the Songs they normally sing.... ("Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen" uff) really old fashioned.

Libera seems to connect old and newer in a very good way. Singing parts in latin (i'm not catholic, but no matter). And the smiling boys are great: You really see, how much fun they have with singing.

No need to speak about the voices. Marvelous. (Hope my english is well enough. If you find typing errors, you can keep them, ok? lol)
Last edited by Sigi on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Oh, and thanks for your welcome-video!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sigi wrote:Oh, how i found out...i was looking for a film-music (Patriot game, Harrison Ford, funeral Scene.) I found out, that the music seems to differ between the original-version and the german one. I tried to find the song via YouTube. Then i found the Version "going home". Really strange to hear a text about dying in the "I" form from such a nice looking, nice smiling and nice singing young boy, really...but it sounded great. it seemed to be a part of a concert (Joshua Madine in leiden?).

Normaly i don't hear choirs, for example choirs like "Wiener Sängerknaben". Well, very good voices, no doubt. But the Songs they normally sing.... ("Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen" uff) really old fashioned.

Libera seems to connect old and newer in a very good way. Singing parts in latin (i'm not catholic, but no matter). And the smiling boys are great: You really see, how much fun they have with singing.

No need to speak about the voices. Marvelous. (Hope my english is well enough. If you find typing errors, you can keep them, ok? lol)
Ahh yes, that particular video has brought in a lot of fans over the years :D Don't know what you have against WSK, I mean what's wrong with this for modern:

WSK

compared to this by Libera (my favourite):

Voca ME

##Can't get the videos to link for some reason##

Your English is very good by the way :)
Sigi wrote:Oh, and thanks for your welcome-video!
You're welcome.
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Ups, my internet-Connection was down exactely for the 1st of April...seems a Clown has control over it, have to think about my Firewall...And: An automatic type-error-corrector seems to be swiched on. It seems to know that I'm german and tries to correct my english...how to swich off? otherwise lots of typing-errors will result....specially the small-and-big writing. (We in Germany have other ideas about that than you, lol) And my correction types (just for fun) every second word with big letters...

Sorry to hear about your motivation-Problems while keeping the forum alive. In a Forum it's not easy to collect something (songtexts, translations, Fotos from present concerts...) which might be interesting to complete for the members and interesting to newbies to read. maybe you should add a kind of wiki here? would cost lot of time, i think...well, as a newbie, i better should be careful with "great ideas".
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Did anyone find out where I'm living in? Lol, just a joke....
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

hello and welcome! glad you have found joy in this great music!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There are two Herman the German statues on Google images, one in New Ulm, Minnesota, USA the other in Detmold, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, so I'd guess you live in Detmold?
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Lol, you are right, I'm from Detmold! Funny, that somebody spend his own whole money to build that statue...but Mr. Bandel did in 1875. Well, I would have other ideas how to spend my money...But HE has a statue and I don't ...Maybe the only way to be successful: To spend all your time and power in one thing. As you can see with Libera: I think, they have to spend all their free time in that group...I don't know much about him, but it seems, that Mr. Robert Priceman (you mean him, if you speak about RP, right?) is a charismatic and perfectionistic man, right? Normally its extremely hard to work with those people, but he seems to manage that in a very good way, so the boys love him. I always wonder, how people find the time to make such a great job beneath doing your job for earning money and all the other duties of family and own kids.