Percussion

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Percussion

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for this, hiskeys. I agree that young people can remind us how to have fun :)
I had two longer conversations in the queue at Vallendar and in both of them my conversation partner and I remarked that one of the great things about Libera is the fact that the boys clearly seem to have a lot of fun in what they do.

Filiarheni: if you have a good teacher that makes you feel at ease and you can practice a lot without feeling too silly ;-) then you should be able to get better and feel less scared about it. I'm sure you'll do fine :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Percussion

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you for encouraging me, it helped :wink: , the concerts are over now, and everything turned out fine. I borrowed a conga for the concert, however, I call myself proud owner of a djembe since Friday. Beautiful, deep sound! I didn't really plan to buy one and was rather thinking about a Conga, but my teacher convinced me that you have a wider range of sounds with a djembe or you would need two congas, not only one. And I just couldn't resist. :D

Organizing the London trip, I discovered a website posting that on 3rd December there would be a percussion concert in London --> http://www.rcm.ac.uk/events/listings/de ... id=1032719
But unfortunately, they got the date wrong: no Percussion concert that day. Maybe I would have tried to attend it. :(
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"