The unique connection

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

The unique connection

Post by Murkskis »

The small experiments. The beauty of relationships and deep bounds.
Mother’s day is coming up, get your tissues ready!

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Re: The unique connection

Post by LuxVenit »

:( I plan on it. My mom passed away this year, on my birthday no less. Sorry, this is off what your topic intended. I've been having a really hard time with it lately (my mom not being here that is). She was 63, and I feel like I should have saved her. Anyway, especially on mothers' day I'll be missing her.
Katherine Adams
26 June 1951 - 6 January 2015
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

LuxVenit wrote::( I plan on it. My mom passed away this year, on my birthday no less. Sorry, this is off what your topic intended. I've been having a really hard time with it lately (my mom not being here that is). She was 63, and I feel like I should have saved her. Anyway, especially on mothers' day I'll be missing her.
Katherine Adams
:(

It will be rough on Mother's Day but the good that she did in your life and the lives of others is a legacy that you can treasure forever. My condolences to you and your family.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

LuxVenit wrote::( I plan on it. My mom passed away this year, on my birthday no less. Sorry, this is off what your topic intended. I've been having a really hard time with it lately (my mom not being here that is). She was 63, and I feel like I should have saved her. Anyway, especially on mothers' day I'll be missing her.
Katherine Adams
I'm sorry. :( I will pray for you.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Sending thoughts of comfort to you, LuxVenit. You're not alone.
My mother passed away in 2012. I tend to think at mother's day about what she did for me, and also about other moms I know - like my sister-in-law :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Ta everyone. My brother-in-law is the same age as I am (I'm a month and one week older actually), and he lost his mother a year ago too. My niece and nephew have no grandmas, and that's sad to me. Anyway, don't mean to hijack the thread. Just felt like posting.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

My mother passed away in 1987. I had just finished my residency and had moved back to Virginia after having been away for 10 years. I was staying in her house until I could establish a practice. This was in Danville where my older brother had a practice and my mother worked for him as a receptionist. A few weeks after moving in she went on vacation to Spain, she was staying at a resort in Malacca. I remember that on the 6th night I felt uneasy and thought that the next day I would try to get a call through to her hotel to see how she was doing. The next day I was awoken by my brother, he had just gotten word that she had contracted pneumonia and had passed away. I felt a bit guilty. I had been away so long, then only 2 weeks after getting back she died.