Asking other fans..

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

Asking other fans..

Post by Sue »

What do you thinking: At what age can children be taken to a Libera-concert?
Do you feel disturbed or bothered by little children in the audience at Libera-concerts?
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Asking other fans..

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I think it would depend entirely on the child. They should be able to sit fairly still--not kicking the seat in front of them or throwing objects-- and fairly quiet-- soft whispers. I wouldn't be bothered by a child coloring, or playing with silly-putty, or even rocking back and forth in the seat. It helps if the child is happy and enjoying the music.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I remember (I think it was at St. George's Cathedral in 2012) seeing a mother holding her baby in a carrier walking through the aisle, sort of dancing to the music while they were singing Exsultate and it was the sweetest looking thing in the world - so happy and peaceful - even now thinking of it it makes me happy :) So yeah, I am all for taking kids any age to a Libera concert!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Maybe it would be a good idea to let the child sample Libera music first to see if he / she is interested.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I think it would definitely depend on the child, and how the parent/chaperone deals with them. I would love to take my niece and nephew to a concert (they are 5 and 4) and they might enjoy it at first, but knowing them and their 12 second attention spans I know they'd probably get squirrelly after awhile. Now if I knew they would keep quiet and not be little turds I'd definitely take them, but if there's even a chance that they would mess up someone else's experience I'd leave them at home. Libera is a very special concert for people, especially because you don't necessarily get a lot of chances to see them.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Children who cannot keep still or cannot keep quiet should not be brought to a Libera concert - nor to any concert of classical music for that matter. Same applies to adults.Those that can remain still and quiet, whatever their age, should be welcome.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I agree with john45 and LuxVenit - No matter whether it's an adult or a child, there is a standard of behaviour that is required so the enjoyment of others is not impaired. Travel, ticket and possibly accomodation costs as well are things that some of us struggle to find the funds for. To have a concert spoiled by inappropriate behaviour is not something others should have to be concerned about. Roll on Guildford :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein