Member News

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Member News

Post by tcliffy »

Well, as a way of getting to know each other better, I thought I'd do something we do in the Joseph Mcmanners forum and have a "member news" forum where we can tell each other what's going on in our lives. This way we can be more than a group of fans, we can be a group of friends :wink: .

I'll go first, right now I'm getting ready for the United States Chung Do Kwan Associations National Championship. I'll be competing as well as refereeing. Other than that I'm just working hard to earn enough money to pay my bills and my debts. Oh, and I just regestered for the fall term at school having changed my major to History.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Wow. Cool.

I'm like still studying in a local polytechnic in Singapore. Currently, year 2. In case you guys don't really know what's a polytechnic, it's something like a pre-uni/college. But it's slightly more hands on than just studying from books. And we have loads and loads and loads of projects to do throughout the year. And I'm studying in a media and communications related course. I kind of love reading and writing as well. Yeah. That's all, i guess. :P
William

Post by William »

Well let's see...I'm an elementary classroom teacher (2nd grade). I'm a baseball fan and my team is on the bottom now (yes, the Yankees) but more than MLB I love Little League. I do a lot of sports action photography for families. I also recently won 4 tickets to the final game of the Little League World Series in August! I also do some modeling photos and have a page on a modeling site. I am also an aspiring author and currently working on a children's book. I was lucky enough to see Libera when they were here in the US and some of the pictures I took are up on the photo page.
Oh, my ticket to see Billy Elliot-The Musical on Broadway arrived today!
I guess that's enough to get started.
kjackson83

Re: Member News

Post by kjackson83 »

tcliffy wrote:Oh, and I just regestered for the fall term at school having changed my major to History.
Any specific time period/region? I'm working in Early America.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi guys
so interesting reading about yourselves, well here goes i had a basic u.k educationleaving full time education with no qualifications and no college education i have been working in health care for the last 35+ years and for the last 12 years+ in forensic psychiatry apart from Libera my other musical tastes is led by my being a senior soldier in the Salvation Army
i have other hobbies which help me relax reading,creative writing,ornathology,listening to music including local folk music(north east england)
jim
tcliffy
Gold Member

Re: Member News

Post by tcliffy »

kjackson83 wrote: Any specific time period/region? I'm working in Early America.
Not really. I love reading and studying about the Greeks and Romans, as well as all the royalty throughout Europe.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Fantastic. As for me, school is about to end for me (exactly 2 weeks from now) and I will be finishing up my 3rd year in high school. Next year I will be taking AP English and AP Government and Politics as well as Honors Spanish. I love baseball but I havent played on a team since little league (health problems, no comment) but still love playing on my free time. I Sometimes practice with my school's team and they have long sinced begged me to play for the school but I couldnt. As for everything else, I will be getting ready for college this summer, researching which college I would like to go to and finally figuring out what I would like to do. :)
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

You're a junior in high school, Kevin??? :shock: The way you come across led me to believe you were older. (Take that as a compliment, please :wink: )

Me? 25 years as a software engineer. . . . slowly getting burned out. . . . looking forward to retirement.

Since we have some history aficionados here, I might add that I also enjoy history, especially Roman history. I travel to the UK several times a year for business/pleasure and I always make a point to visit Roman sites. I've hiked Hadrian's Wall, and visited the Roman sites in Newcastle, Bath, York, Chichester, Canterbury, and so on and so on . . . . I never get tired of it. I could stare at a Roman mosaic all day! :lol:

When I travel to the UK, I make sure I'm in London on a Sunday so I can attend service at this quaint little church in South London. They have such a nice sounding choir. You should visit them sometime. :wink: :wink: :lol:

Regards,
Rich
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes I am only a Junior right now in high school. I have been getting that a lot as being much older. I am quite mature for my age and very disciplined so a lot of people mistake me for someone in their mid-20s or -30s or so.

I hope to travel to the UK myself in the future and possibly learn some of its history. I myself am quite interested in history and love to learn things from the past. I hope to travel the world one day and learn about the history of each place I visit.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

A very worthy ambition. I set a goal a while ago to save up all year so that each summer I could spend 2-3 weeks visiting one particular country and each year I would go someplace different.

Unfortunately, my car insurance isn't cheap nor is gas. I can barely keep up with my bills. :evil:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Rich wrote:When I travel to the UK, I make sure I'm in London on a Sunday so I can attend service at this quaint little church in South London. They have such a nice sounding choir. You should visit them sometime. :wink: :wink: :lol:

Regards,
Rich
mmmm...it's on the tip of my tongue... St. P... Phi....no sorry you've lost me ;) Thankfully after their Riverside Service recording, most of us can now get a feel of how amazing they sound at their local church. They are brilliant with just the violin and piano, they just happen to be spectacular with the sythesizer and drum effects. ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

With or without all those pushes of buttons and twists of knobs and such, Libera still sounds angelic and mesmerizing. It just goes to show that even without all those other instruments and synthesizers and whatnot, the pure talent and the angelic voices Libera possesses truly overcomes it all. The fancy instruments and editing just makes them sound even much more better, although they are amazing without it :wink:
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

my cat died yesterday. We had her for 6-7 years. huh, atleast she didn't feel any pain. I'll miss her.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

That's sad--I'm so sorry! I've two dogs, one of which is getting pretty old, and can't imagine life without them. Life would be very lonely without animals...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I myself have 2 dogs and love them to death. I cant imagine my live without them. Im sorry for your loss and hope you find peace and condolence during this time. Your cat is in a better place now and Im sure she is with you all the time.