Member News

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Re:

Post by Yorkie »

DeProfundis130 wrote: Dearest Yorkie;

Thank You so much for this Bach Piece. I was not the least bit surprised to find it to be one of "TrebleChoir99"s, Listings.
Not having fixed knowledge as to gender I must suspect, (why I don't know) it to be Male. I would be aghast to find him not to be a member of This Forum! I Pray it not to be forever more a Mystery of his actual membership. So far in these my early days of participation hereon I am continually "BLOWN AWAY"! what few tidbits here and there I pick up bespeak to me a community from many different areas of the Globe who seem almost to be Next Door Neighbors! I Hope my query is implied and explained.

Peace, Gerald.
Hi Gerald,

As Maartendas has said, Dennis (TrebleChoir99), is a French Canadian fan whose knowledge of choral music exceeds mine by a considerable margin. He is a bit of a legend on YouTube for the quality of his channel - I take it you were already aware of it.

The French forum has a section dedicated to sacred classical music in choirs if you fancy a good read (and plenty of videos). If like me you don't read French, some browsers, like Google Chrome, have a built in translation facility. Not perfect by any means but you can easily fill in the gaps yourself. Treble is of course a regular poster over there :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

Hi, Yorkie;
I am only now getting around to this earlier posting of mine, and again as with your response to the Humphry Bogart Quote rendered hereon by myself, and your very resounding response to it; I am again super impressed with your response regarding "Treblechoir99"! I am thoroughly pleased with your response and whats more, very taken with your widespread very apparent knowledge, in that for whatever reason of which I am not sure, I suspect You to be one of the (again my over use of the word "very") many , many younger and very talented and bright members of this Forum! THANK YOU!

Peace, Gerald.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

DeProfundis130 wrote:Hi, Yorkie;

I suspect You to be one of the (again my over use of the word "very") many , many younger and very talented and bright members of this Forum! THANK YOU!

Peace, Gerald.
:shock:

How much did you slip him for that Yorkie lol :lol:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Really Jimmy, how very dare you? Gerald is obviously a gentleman of discerning taste and excellent judgement 8)

Thank you Gerald, I appreciate your kind words but I know hardly anything at all about choral music other than that I have a great love of the traditional Anglican choir. Everyday I try to learn a little more, and it is usually from people like Treblechoir99 :D

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Really Jimmy, how very dare you? Gerald is obviously a gentleman of discerning taste and excellent judgement 8)

Thank you Gerald, I appreciate your kind words but I know hardly anything at all about choral music other than that I have a great love of the traditional Anglican choir. Everyday I try to learn a little more, and it is usually from people like Treblechoir99 :D
Come now Yorkie! You are just being modest. You choral knowlege leaves many of us behind. I can think of many good educated posts you have made, and you widespread taste of many choirs. A large part of my non Libera collection is on your recommendation and they are all great works.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:Come now Yorkie! You are just being modest. You choral knowlege leaves many of us behind. I can think of many good educated posts you have made, and you widespread taste of many choirs. A large part of my non Libera collection is on your recommendation and they are all great works.
Alas Paul, liking beautiful things doesn't require one to know how beautiful things are made. Still have lots to learn :wink:

Mercy & Love