Billy Elliot

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Billy Elliot

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I will go to the Songs of Praise show on Sunday 26/09, so I will go to the BETM on Saturday evening 25/09 :)
My seat is in the stalls, J19
Are those dates correct by the way? I thought Saturday was the 24th or do you have a different calendar in France :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:I will go to the Songs of Praise show on Sunday 26/09, so I will go to the BETM on Saturday evening 25/09 :)
My seat is in the stalls, J19
Are those dates correct by the way? I thought Saturday was the 24th or do you have a different calendar in France :lol:
Your right!

Saturday is the 24th September
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Oups !! You're right ! :oops:

I corrected the dates to not create confusion to readers...
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Just in case anyone missed it, here is the amazing Ryan Collinson who was on Q.V.C this morning. He performs Electricity and Finale with the ballet girls. He also does a very good interview.

[youtube][/youtube]
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Q.V.C have uploaded Electricity & Finale without the distracting cutouts.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just realised that it was a Friday evening just a year ago that I saw Billy for the first time - what a great choice on my part (although I do apologise to those of you that I have poisoned with my enthusiasm for the show) :D

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:Just realised that it was a Friday evening just a year ago that I saw Billy for the first time - what a great choice on my part (although I do apologise to those of you that I have poisoned with my enthusiasm for the show) :D
No worries at all- the show is so great! I would recommend for anyone to see!
I have to apologise that I have seen it just once :D (so far :wink: ).
paul
Site Admin

New Billy Elliot and Debbie Wilkinson

Post by paul »

The new Billy & Debbie make there debute tonight.

Billy - Kaine Ward
Debbie - Macy Stasiak
Billy&Debbie.jpg
Billy&Debbie.jpg (24.72 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
Billy&Debbie.jpg
Billy&Debbie.jpg (24.72 KiB) Viewed 6966 times

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Finally got round to seeing Billy Elliot last Saturday, in London's west end. I can see why almost everyone raves about it, and I was blown away by the whole experience. Lengthly standing ovation at the end, goes without saying.

Ryan Collinson was 'Billy' and although I'm sure all the Billy's are great, I can't imagine going to see it again without Ryan in the lead role. He was beyond amazing! Michael stole every scene he was in though. Some genuine lump-in-your-throat moments especially the letter reading moment. Very impressed with the slick stage transitions too. Bearing in mind the last time I saw live theatre the curtain came down between acts/scenes and a considerable wait was to be endured as they setup the next one with basic props. Now at the press of a button the whole stage is transformed as props pop up, down and out from the sides in seconds. Just a brilliant all round stage production.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
kringle

Post by kringle »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Finally got round to seeing Billy Elliot last Saturday, in London's west end. I can see why almost everyone raves about it, and I was blown away by the whole experience. Lengthly standing ovation at the end, goes without saying.

Ryan Collinson was 'Billy' and although I'm sure all the Billy's are great, I can't imagine going to see it again without Ryan in the lead role. He was beyond amazing! Michael stole every scene he was in though. Some genuine lump-in-your-throat moments especially the letter reading moment. Very impressed with the slick stage transitions too. Bearing in mind the last time I saw live theatre the curtain came down between acts/scenes and a considerable wait was to be endured as they setup the next one with basic props. Now at the press of a button the whole stage is transformed as props pop up, down and out from the sides in seconds. Just a brilliant all round stage production.
I think Billy Elliot is without question the best musical I've ever seen. My current BE view count is 22 - 18 times in Toronto and 4 in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago. I've seen 7 different Billys so far. I figure I can get in 7 or 8 more performances when the US touring company comes to Ottawa, Canada in January 2013 and maybe some in-between then and now. :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

kringle wrote:
I think Billy Elliot is without question the best musical I've ever seen.
Hi Kent, I take it you have not yet seen "Matilda" which certainly gives Billy some competition - though I won't start a riot or incur Yorkie's wrath by saying it is definitely better. Suffice it to say that on my next UK trip I have tickets for one performance of Billy and five of Matilda.

John
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:Hi Kent, I take it you have not yet seen "Matilda" which certainly gives Billy some competition - though I won't start a riot or incur Yorkie's wrath by saying it is definitely better. Suffice it to say that on my next UK trip I have tickets for one performance of Billy and five of Matilda.

John
I need to see Matilda John - perhaps I should start looking at booking a few days in London, but hotel prices seem to going through the roof ahead of the Olympics.

Classing one show as better than another is purely a matter of personal preference - it all boils down to what you want and enjoy and who am I to say you are wrong :wink: Glad you are giving Billy another go because I think it is actually picking up again after the shaky cast change last November.

And Jimmy, you certainly landed lucky getting Ryan in your first show :D :D :D His 'Angry Dance' that closes act 1 is just breathtaking in its intensity and I love his street version of 'Electricity' with the wall flip finish. By the way when you say last Saturday I assume you mean the afternoon of 3rd March? You should have popped over and said hello!

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kringle wrote:I think Billy Elliot is without question the best musical I've ever seen. My current BE view count is 22 - 18 times in Toronto and 4 in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago. I've seen 7 different Billys so far. I figure I can get in 7 or 8 more performances when the US touring company comes to Ottawa, Canada in January 2013 and maybe some in-between then and now. :D
22 times Kent :shock:

That's #*&£$%* weird if you ask me :wink:

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie it was 18th Feb I went - How many times have you seen Billy? Although I would like to see other musicals if/when I'm next in London (Blue Brothers being one of them) it would be very hard not to be tempted by BE again. I don't could never (afford) better Kent's 22 though lol
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
kringle

Post by kringle »

john45 wrote:
kringle wrote:
I think Billy Elliot is without question the best musical I've ever seen.
Hi Kent, I take it you have not yet seen "Matilda" which certainly gives Billy some competition - though I won't start a riot or incur Yorkie's wrath by saying it is definitely better. Suffice it to say that on my next UK trip I have tickets for one performance of Billy and five of Matilda.

John
Hi, John. I've actually never heard of Matilda. Time to do some googling!! :) I was hoping to get to the UK or Europe this Summer but that will depend on what Libera plans to do. I've love to see BE over there.

EDIT: Well, having just seen a YouTube video of Matilda, that certainly increases my incentive to go over the pond. My travel budget is only now just beginning to recover from last year's crazy concert and theatre madness. Looks like this year could be even worse! :D
Last edited by kringle on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.