User Rank

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

User Rank

Post by paul »

I have just updated the user rank system.

After a couple of comments, and also something I have been thinking about for a while. Libera Crazy, Fanatic, Fan etc, although as fun as it may have been, it does not reflect on the members here. I do hope that none of out members are Crazy or Fanatical :lol:

So for now, I have simplified the system into 4 groups which I hope reflects on the contributions our members have made to the community.

10 posts or less New member

more than 10 Member

more than 100 Silver Member

More than 500 Gold Member

If you have any thoughts or ideas, please leave your comments below.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: User Rank

Post by maartendas »

This is rather personal, I think. For me, Silver, Gold etc. doesn't feel Libera-like.
It's nicer if the words reflect something of the main subject of the Forum. For instance, on a Billy Elliot Forum I'm on, the ranking is: Audience Member, Small Boy, Tall Boy, and so on, up to the most active members which are Billy.
Maybe the words Crazy, Fanatic etc. can be replaced with something like: Newbie, Choir Member, Soloist, Musical Director..?? (or similar names)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:This is rather personal, I think. For me, Silver, Gold etc. doesn't feel Libera-like.
It's nicer if the words reflect something of the main subject of the Forum. For instance, on a Billy Elliot Forum I'm on, the ranking is: Audience Member, Small Boy, Tall Boy, and so on, up to the most active members which are Billy.
Maybe the words Crazy, Fanatic etc. can be replaced with something like: Newbie, Choir Member, Soloist, Musical Director..?? (or similar names)
I'm not so sure I agree Maarten,

Since I posted this topic, It has received 109 views and only a comment from you. The reason I chose those as ranks, is to reflect on members contributions to the forum, but in a sensible way. Your suggestions of: (Newbie, Choir Member, Soloist, Musical Director) may be suited to a younger group of members, but we have many more mature members here as well, I am trying to please everyone.

If anyone else has an opinion on this, then please let me know.

Thanks.

Paul :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Perhaps you should Platinum and Diamond for the likes of Yorkie.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

john45 wrote:Perhaps you should Platinum and Diamond for the likes of Yorkie.
I second the motion!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

:lol:

Lets see what other think :)

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
I second the motion!
:D

- Plato
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I vote in favor too! :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hmmm........ How about: Dilettante, Regular, Enthusiast, and Aficionado?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Do you think our friends at Libera Passion would mind if we stole their system of posts which are choir related? Things like Probationer, trainee chorister, Choir member, soloist, Choir Director, etc
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Surpinto wrote:I vote in favor too! :D
Motion carried! >slams gavel<
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Do you think our friends at Libera Passion would mind if we stole their system of posts which are choir related? Things like Probationer, trainee chorister, Choir member, soloist, Choir Director, etc
Please do, :lol:
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie, I could see you as a "Diamond" member - but as a "Choir Director", I think not!!
labbie

Post by labbie »

I don't care for ranking with choir-related terms. Firstly, they might be a bit confusing if some of us like myself have actually been choir directors in real life, and don't "rank" at that level according to the system. Secondly, and most importantly, many of us are adults, and I think to adopt designations like that would be almost taking us back to where we started from with the old system, which I did find to be rather childish. If we decide to keep a ranking system, I'd suggest staying with the one we are currently using. If we are going to keep a ranking system, then I like the current rankings, i.e., silver, gold, but adding diamond or platinum would satisfy the more frequent posters, in keeping with the theme of precious metals. On the other hand, do we even need rankings? I think a count of postings is enough. I don't feel the need to be rewarded for posting. I enjoy reading and responding to the discussions, and don't feel that I need to be recognized for the frequency of posts to the forum.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

I prefer the metals over the choir related rankings. I think that newcomers to the forum, especially those who do not speak/read English well, could be confused by the choir-themed rankings.