Spam Messages

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

whitetail1985

Spam Messages

Post by whitetail1985 »

Hello fellow forum members, recently we've had a bit of a problem with SPAM. As a moderator I do not have the authority to block members. However I can edit or delete posts and topics. We will try and keep up to date on doing this as often as we can. Currently the culprit is "Lesouhsob" ignore any posts this "member" writes.

Kevin has been absent for quite some time now, since May 2010 and
without our admin I believe this problem will continue to keep growing. I will continue to try and contact him, however I've been unsuccessful for quite a few months.
Dennis
paul
Site Admin

Re: Spam Messages

Post by paul »

whitetail1985 wrote:Hello fellow forum members, recently we've had a bit of a problem with SPAM. As a moderator I do not have the authority to block members. However I can edit or delete posts and topics. We will try and keep up to date on doing this as often as we can. Currently the culprit is "Lesouhsob" ignore any posts this "member" writes.

Kevin has been absent for quite some time now, since May 2010 and
without our admin I believe this problem will continue to keep growing. I will continue to try and contact him, however I've been unsuccessful for quite a few months.
Yes!

As soon as I see this persons post I knew it was a spammer for an online pharmacy.

Maybe we could compile a list of known spammers as and when they appear. I would love to help moderate these known spammers if that is possible. I have to deal with spammers on one of my websites, so I know how to spot them ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I'm affraid we have another, indittyfreeta, from the looks of their post in the Fun Stuff forum it's the same website.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Rebecca (: wrote:I'm affraid we have another, indittyfreeta, from the looks of their post in the Fun Stuff forum it's the same website.
And the site admin is currently on the missing list... :(
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I'm sure a mderator will delete his post.

- Plato
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hey Paul and Rebecca, thanks for alerting us about the other spammer. I deleted both the posts in the "Fun Stuff" section, and I will keep checking the website frequently for more spam posts!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

We got another one, names "Fensernatty" and the thread title is "zithromax".
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:We got another one, names "Fensernatty" and the thread title is "zithromax".
Posted in 'Fun Stuff'
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

thanks guys... they've been remove... for now :roll:
Dennis
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

whitetail1985 wrote:thanks guys... they've been remove... for now :roll:
Hi ya Whitetail,

Two posts are still in the Fun Stuff thread also by Fenseratty. I think these idiots post faster than the admins can remove them.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

BrightEyes wrote:Hi ya Whitetail,

Two posts are still in the Fun Stuff thread also by Fenseratty. I think these idiots post faster than the admins can remove them.
Yeah I just deleted those topics... if anyone sees a topic with Fensernatty as the author of the topic Don't read it. And definately do not reply to the topic. We moderators are trying our best to keep up with the spam messages. Until Kevin can be reached there is only soo much we can do.
Dennis
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

whitetail1985 wrote:
BrightEyes wrote:Hi ya Whitetail,

Yeah I just deleted those topics... if anyone sees a topic with Fensernatty as the author of the topic Don't read it. And definately do not reply to the topic. We moderators are trying our best to keep up with the spam messages. Until Kevin can be reached there is only soo much we can do.
If you do get in touch with Kevin! please put me forward as a spaminator.

I log on often and have to deal with spam on my own websites.

- Plato
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I will recommend you as a mod to kevin IF i contact him the last time anyone had contact with im was about 9 or 10 months ago. We have lost some more mods in the recent past so we could really use the help
Dennis
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

My compliments to all moderators who are working hard to keep this place spam-free! Lately spam has been cropping up in the Fun Stuff section but also quickly removed. Good job! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A topic 100% crappy to delete :
http://libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and any post made by that spammer : indittyfreeta