Thanks, and a request about new passwords

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Thanks, and a request about new passwords

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

First I want to thank the website administrators for their patience with technologically-inept people like me. After forgetting my original password, I was unable to log in quickly enough using the temporary password that was provided to me. The administrators then provided me with a new temporary password which enabled me to log in again to the website, and for this I am very grateful. I realize that I should now pick a new "regular" password, but I am not sure how to do this while I am still logged in to the website using my temporary password. Perhaps you could post a step-by-step instruction on what I need to do to choose my new regular password. Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance (technology is clearly not my strong point!).
chris17

Re: Thanks, and a request about new passwords

Post by chris17 »

I'm not an administrator, but I think I can help you. :)

1. From any page on the website, look at the bar that runs along the top of the page. More towards the right, you should see something that says "User Control Panel"; click on that.
2. You should then see a number of tabs running horizontally, labeled as "Overview," "Profile," "Board Preferences," etc. Click on "Profile."
3. Once you click on the "Profile" tab, you should see a list along the left side of the tab, starting with "Edit profile." The last option is "Edit account settings"; click on that.
4. The last three boxes on this tab are "New Password," "Confirm Password" and "Current Password." Enter the correct information in each of those and press "Submit."

I hope this helps. If there is anything that is still confusing, please post here again! :)
PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Re: Thanks, and a request about new passwords

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

Many thanks for your assistance. Your step-by-step guide was exactly what I needed! :)