How to see new entries?

Ask in here for technical help.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: How to see new entries?

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote:When I log on any heading that has had a new post since I last viewed it is highlighted in red so I can quickly identify where something has new has been posted - does yours do that?
john45 wrote:The "new posts" button works. Isn't this what you want?
Hi John45 and Yorkie, yes, it does and I can see that, but this only works after logging on. But it is a general issue, not a personal one. What I am interested in is to see all topics which have had new answers (during the last day, 7 days, 2 weeks and so on up to 1 year; it depends on a selection everyone can make on his own then) without logging on. It is easier, quicker, you open the website, click "Active topics" and see everything new and needn't a login first.

Here is a link to the German forum that shows you better what I mean than I can describe it. Just click "Aktive Themen" above on the left side and there you see the list, and if you want, you can expand it as mentioned above by selecting a time frame and clicking "Los".

http://www.libera-welt.de/forum/

Last night I couldn't sleep (pre-concert excitement certainly :lol: ), so I did some googling and found out that sometimes it works when this function is explicitly activated for every single forum. Not always, but sometimes.
paul wrote:The forum is currently version 3.1.9 Which I am actually updating later this weekend.
Could it be, Paul, that at the moment it is activated only for the concert section?

Could you have a look at this link, please?
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2130218

Here, somebody writes: "In ACP, Forums tab, Settings (the green gear icon) make sure "Display active topics" is set to "yes" for all forums."

Or this one which shows the same more clearly:
http://www.jeremylindh.com/phpbb3-updat ... ve-topics/

Is it possible for you to try it? Much work ...?

:)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

filiarheni wrote: Could you have a look at this link, please?
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2130218

Here, somebody writes: "In ACP, Forums tab, Settings (the green gear icon) make sure "Display active topics" is set to "yes" for all forums."

Or this one which shows the same more clearly:
http://www.jeremylindh.com/phpbb3-updat ... ve-topics/

Is it possible for you to try it? Much work ...?

:)
I have looked at this link, and it is possible for me to try.

It took only a few moments to enable active topics, :oops: Its all working fine now. looks like this feature was disabled with update 3.0.6. I think. Well, You take the prize for finding the solution. Do you want my job? lol

Its not a feature that I have ever used, and you are the first to post about it. Its actually a very useful.

Cheers

Paul :D
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

... thank you for quickly trying! :) However, I only see the concert topics just as before. You will not lose your job as long as I don't know how to post a screenshot, which I would have liked to do now. :wink:

Therefore, without picture: I am still missing the other sections like "CDs", "News and Highlights", "Members" and so on. Could you please have another look if the others are really activated and not only the concerts? I understood that each of them has to be activated separately with its own "yes" in order to be enabled to appear in the active topics view. One "yes" for all is not enough ...

Or maybe the system likes you, so you are privileged and see more than I do. :mrgreen:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Ok Ok so problem solved,

The display active topic did not propagate through to the sub topics, so I had to go through and manually tick the box for each one.

All works fine now.

Cheers

Paul :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Excellent, Paul, now it works perfectly, thank you very much! :!: :D :D

Many thanks also to the others who were trying to help! :)