Post images in a message

Ask in here for technical help.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post images in a message

Post by maartendas »

I know of two ways that you can post images in a forum message.

1. When the image is on your computer

1. Go to a photo upload website like ImageShack or Photobucket. I use ImageShack so I will give instructions using that one as that's the one I know.
2. Upload the picture from your computer. You can choose to resize the picture if it's too big or too small. (this is also very handy if you are looking for an avatar picture and you want to make it the right size to be able to use it as an avatar - find out more about making avatars in this thread).
3. After your picture has finished uploading, you will get a choice of codes. Copy the Forum Code into your message. It should then appear like this (see example below). (Once again, this is the way ImageShack works, I am not familiar with Photobucket or others.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. When the image is on the internet

1. Right click on the image and choose View Image. You will be navigated to a page with just that picture. For instance, like this.
2. Copy the URL of that page (it should end with .jpg or. png or a similar extension) and paste that in the message.
3. Highlight the URL code in your message and then click on the Image tab in the row above the field that you use to type your message in. It should then look like this :

This means it will show up as a picture in the actual post.

Ofcourse always be aware of the Forum Rules when posting images. Thanks, and happy posting :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above