Libera sing 'The Road to Domestos' with Carter USM!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

dani wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Uh, do we really want them in this environment? I wonder what the amospheric concentrations of alcohol, THC and ecstacy were in that room?

If the parents dont mind then i dont see how its our concern.

The Carter USM (Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine) song that the Libera boys opened for has to do with suicide. As cool as it looks to see Libera getting a great response while fans body surf, this probably is not the best environment for a heavenly group of young boys.

Lauren
Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

Hello,
did Libera just sing one song? I wonder because there is a photo with just four boys on it and the other photos with the whole groupe.

steffi
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hello Steffi,

This photo is a shortened assembly that I realized, I just wanted to contrast the guitarist and the choir :)

I'm glad that you did not see that it's a montage, I have not done too badly the junction :lol: :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lexi wrote:
dani wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Uh, do we really want them in this environment? I wonder what the amospheric concentrations of alcohol, THC and ecstacy were in that room?

If the parents dont mind then i dont see how its our concern.

The Carter USM (Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine) song that the Libera boys opened for has to do with suicide. As cool as it looks to see Libera getting a great response while fans body surf, this probably is not the best environment for a heavenly group of young boys. Lauren
Well, they are boys and therefore probably no more heavenly than any other group of teens/pre-teens. I know I would have loved it at their age. I think there is a danger of transferring some sort of Messianic 'Angel' qualities to these kids. Yes, we love them and their talent but they are, as they point out, normal kids.

I think there is an interesting difference in the way that #some# parents in the US and #some# parents in Europe (don't want to be accused of generalisation) go about raising their kids and it seems that in the US you are far more protective than parents in Europe.

I'm basing that statement (which I've no doubt will be shot down in flames) not only on the above comments but on the complete appalled shock that I have heard US parenst use when they see Billy Elliot (film and musical). It has a lot of bad language and many US parents cringe away from it and think it's appalling. I read some comment about a woman who would not take her 16 year old son to see the show because of the language. That is of course their right, but I think there is a different approach over here.

I'm with dani on this one. Mind you, they did seem to quite wild! But the feedback comments were not the sort you would get from drug crazed nutters.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

carina_gino20 wrote:LOL Jimmy. Where do you find this stuff?

:lol:

It's so weird to see them in that setting but still cool. I wonder what the boys were thinking when that man was being turned upside down in the audience.

This is just another evidence that Libera's music is accessible to all. And to think that some of the folks in that forum and in the Youtube comments think that that was the highlight of the night. Amazing, Libera.
Yeah, I think Jimmy has kinda box of surprises in stock 8)
I bet they were thinking that some of these blokes (or crazy nutters :lol: ) are just interpreting enlightment of the music way too literally :lol:

I'm just wondering if the fans of Carter USM found out the right name of Libera ? I mean searching/googling for Liberia might be quite misleading. :roll: I didn't check out their forum too deeply.
Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

@fan_de_LoK: Thank you :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera sing 'The Road to Domestos' with Carter USM!!

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Today 14th November it's the 7th anniversary of this surprising performance :)

I saw recently that this concert was recorded and published on a double CDs.
It exists also a 3 CDs version that includes some photos and videos bonuses, sadly none of these bonuses show Libera.

About that song 'The Road to Domestos', on the live CD, well, the sound is technically clearer than the sound from the video.

However, the sound was recorded live on stage and was not mixed.
As a result, instead of having a harmonized sound from the whole choir, we hear more distinctly some voices than others, and in the end I must say that I prefer the sound of one of the videos rather than that of the CD :lol:

Here a few captures made from the videos :
(click to enlarge)

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I'm glad you reminded us! This is the first I've ever heard anything about this unusual performance. I suppose the hosting artist's name is the reason I haven't heard about this performance sooner! :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:I'm glad you reminded us! This is the first I've ever heard anything about this unusual performance. I suppose the hosting artist's name is the reason I haven't heard about this performance sooner! :lol:
I have also never heard about this performance. Thank you for the information and photos FDL :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

But the real thank you must be given to our precious Jimmy Riddle that found the information :D

I was quite sure some fellow fans did not know about that performance, the subject was drowned on page 6 or 7 among the 14 pages of subjects in the Video section... :roll:

There are way too many subjects in this section.
The real talks about the Libera official videos are mixed with many many useless subjects, that have only 1 or 2 replies, if not 0.
As result, fans miss access to useful information.

A redevelopment of this Videos section would be an improvement for the forum legibility and interest :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Today 14th November it's the 7th anniversary of this surprising performance :)

I saw recently that this concert was recorded and published on a double CDs.
It exists also a 3 CDs version that includes some photos and videos bonuses, sadly none of these bonuses show Libera.
7 years ago!.. Why does time pass so quickly. Thanks for the reminder FDL, I'd almost forgotten what I found lol.... it was a lucky find, that almost slipped by without further perusal. Great you managed to obtain the recorded CD's of the concert and just a shame nothing more substantial regarding 'Libera's participation was included.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I was quite sure some fellow fans did not know about that performance, the subject was drowned on page 6 or 7 among the 14 pages of subjects in the Video section... :roll:

There are way too many subjects in this section.
The real talks about the Libera official videos are mixed with many many useless subjects, that have only 1 or 2 replies, if not 0.
As result, fans miss access to useful information.

A redevelopment of this Videos section would be an improvement for the forum legibility and interest :)
Yes it's a good point.. some forums have the ability to award the popular/trending topics a higher profile up towards the top of the section. I'm not sure this forum is capable of this, unless it was upgraded or changed to another host/provider?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez