"Angel" (Isaac) or: Thoughts about song releases and releasing practice

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

"Angel" (Isaac) or: Thoughts about song releases and releasing practice

Post by filiarheni »

Is this new to you?
Last edited by filiarheni on Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Re: "Angel" with Isaac

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 am">6 years ago</span> Is this new to you?
This video has been there on YT for a while, but in lower quality and not signed as an Official Libera video:

There was also another one (which I can't find at the moment) posted by a Brazilian fan with Portuguese subtitles.

BTW I like the video very much. And Isaac's voice is stunning.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It was released as special mini CD & DVD in Japan. The video was uploaded on to YouTube by a fan but removed for copyright purposes (see next page of this video thread)

It was originally made as part of a promo for Universal Studios Japan. Good isn't it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks! Nice to have an HD version of it at last. :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yes, I am happy to have the HD version too. The previous available ones were of poor picture and sound quality. I wanted even to complain, that the boys' voices were too much manipulated electronically - especially at the very beginning and the very end of the song, when the choir sings 'Aaaaahh...'. But the sound on the HD video is much better. So, I will refrain from complaining. :wink: .
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Isaac is amazing in this one, but it's definitely a team effort. Great composition and execution. This has quickly become one of my favorite songs, and watching them sing makes it even better.
Wayne
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

It seems to me that Libera sometimes hold recordings or videos back so that they can give us a bit relief later on, when it's the right time. Isaac's voice has changed recently, and many of us are sad that we don't get solos by him anymore in the future. But giving us this video in HD right now - eases the pain. :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

.......and yet they posted on YouTube the two videos on their most recent DVD a day before that DVD was released.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

...... and on the other hand they still haven't posted the announced 360 degrees video from the St.Georges concert. It's really hard to tell what the release policy is :? .
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The release policy :lol: is simply: Surprise your followers here and there, so you keep life interesting!

I think it's quite hard for a soloist (and for his parents :wink:) to record something and then it is held back for years, like the new Benedictus Deus version with Thomas Delgado-Little.
I personally hope - most probably without any realistic chance - that they some day will suddenly release a recording of some more solos of Liam Connery.

I would really like to know what was parked and is still sleeping in their "drawers".
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am">6 years ago</span> The release policy :lol: is simply: Surprise your followers here and there, so you keep life interesting!
I think, you are right :) . And I think it is OK, since we all like nice surprises, don't we?

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am">6 years ago</span> I would really like to know what was parked and is still sleeping in their "drawers".
I am sure, they have many interesting things there. I would love to get some more insights like 'behind the scenes' videos or even maybe some rehearsal photos or videos. It would be fascinating for me to get to know, how a normal, every-day life of Libera looks like. But, let's get surprised (according to the release policy above :lol: ).
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

It may be a combination of things. They often don't release (or allow) a video on YT if the song hasn't been released on an album yet, or it may be blocked in countries where it hasn't been released yet. Although the "Song of Life" video was on the official site long before it was on an album, but they wouldn't allow the music to be used in fan videos until after "Song of Life: A Collection" was released, if I recall correctly. So there may (or may not) be some record company exclusivity clauses having some affect on this.
Wayne
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 am">6 years ago</span> ...... and on the other hand they still haven't posted the announced 360 degrees video from the St.Georges concert. It's really hard to tell what the release policy is :? .
I second that sentiment. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for the recording of Voca Me filmed at Armagh to be released. It's been more than 3 1/2 years. Maybe some day...
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: "Angel" (Isaac) or: Thoughts about Libera's song releases and releasing practice

Post by filiarheni »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 am">6 years ago</span>I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for the recording of Voca Me filmed at Armagh to be released.
Whenever I only see the title Voca Me, I can't help going all weak! :!: :) And so this song exists in an unreleased version ... Armagh was filmed, yes - but I never knew they sang it there. All who were there: How good was it, please?
I must say that I find the version on "Free" absolutely flawless in every respect and can't imagine anything better, just perfect. But you make me really curious now, tom.

:arrow: Since the original narrow topic of this thread has changed into a much more general one - and I appreciate that, as it is developing in a very interesting direction -, I have modified the subject accordingly.
john45
Gold Member

Re: "Angel" (Isaac) or: Thoughts about Libera's song releases and releasing practice

Post by john45 »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 17, 2017 12:40 am">6 years ago</span>
tom413 wrote: <span title="Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 am">6 years ago</span>I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for the recording of Voca Me filmed at Armagh to be released.
Whenever I only see the title Voca Me, I can't help going all weak! :!: :) And so this song exists in an unreleased version ... Armagh was filmed, yes - but I never knew they sang it there. All who were there: How good was it, please?
As one would expect when the soloist is TDL, it was perfect. The high notes even awakened the bats in the belfry of the cathedral who swooped above Tom as he sang. He didn't skip a note but glanced upwards, as if to heaven. The video must be priceless and why we have been denied seeing it I cannot fathom.