New Video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New Video

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think she's "Nancy". Perhaps she's taking him to Mr. Brownlow.

Both songs were excellent.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 4:39 am">6 years ago</span> I think she's "Nancy". Perhaps she's taking him to Mr. Brownlow.

I find it an interesting inclusion of the 'Nancy' character. I presume she is supposed to be the mother or other guardian but she certainly gives the impression of being somebody engaged in Nancy's profession....I fear for Gabe more than I do for Fagin's gang that found him!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

It is great that Libera did two new music videos. It has been a while since the previous music video was filmed and it is great to see current members of the ever changing group on screen. I think, the filming was also fun and something special for the boys who deserve to be rewarded for putting so much work into singing in Libera. Well, I have watched the both videos several times and also have just listened without actually watching.

I wouldn't say that Salve Regina is boring or dull. I liked it. One of the things which make Libera so interesting to me is, that they have a very different repertoire: from classics to modern music and are actually hard to pigeonhole. Salve Regina is one of the more classic songs (of course in Libera-style, also not so strict classic ;) ). It is based on Franz Schubert's music, though the original score was adapted and changed in some ways. The song is calming, has some nice harmonies and in the middle part is sung with lower voices, which I find interesting. I wish only, that Rocco's solo was longer. Rocco has a very nice voice and it's a pity, that we hear him only in the last verse. The story about painting is an interesting idea, and I can only imagine how much fun the boys must have had with all the paints, brushes and colours.

Smile is a different song. I liked it very much in Ely and now I have the chance to listen to it over and over again. The original tune by Charlie Chaplin is simple, yet very nice. Gabe's solo is brilliant and Alessandro with his lower voice in the supporting part gives the whole song a special shining. The video itself made me a bit sad. It tells an "Oliver-Twist-like" story, which actually has a "happy end" (I guess, :? ). I like the video but I only miss some smiles on the boys' faces which I think, would fit in there (at least at the end), as the title is "Smile".

So, Libera, excellent work, well done! I think it was also lots of fun for the boys to do the filming. However I hope, that for the next music video, which will be hopefully filmed some day, a more dynamic and joyful song will be chosen and the boys will have a chance to show on screen the fun and joy they have.
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Having watched the 2 video's several times I must admit to enjoying them both, they both have a message to send with out to me being overpowering.

Salve Regina being by far a religious text it did even stir something in this hardened atheist will it ever change my mind no but it clearly did something for 1 or 2 of the boys judging by there facial expressions, and yes it was nice to see Rocco given a chance to shine.

Smile also carried a massage of hope when you switch on the news and open your paper to so much depression around us, was refreshing to see a little simple happiness and for that reason a smile at the end just was not required by me.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 am">6 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed May 10, 2017 4:39 am">6 years ago</span> I think she's "Nancy". Perhaps she's taking him to Mr. Brownlow.

I find it an interesting inclusion of the 'Nancy' character. I presume she is supposed to be the mother or other guardian but she certainly gives the impression of being somebody engaged in Nancy's profession....I fear for Gabe more than I do for Fagin's gang that found him!
I suppose they left out Bill Sykes because there's no one in the Libera entourage who would fit the description.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Wow. Salve Regina uses the theme of my nr. 1 favourite Impromptu by Schubert! The first time I heard it was during a Schubert recital in Hampstead in 2014. It felt so peaceful and special. Ever since that first time it has become a piece of music that I turn to when I need to calm down or find some comfort. Now this music is enhanced by a prayer to Mary, sung by my favourite choir. And Rocco's voice, which is like the sound of woodwind to me, gives it a beautiful finish.

As for Smile, I agree with the comments about Alessandro's acting in the end and the interaction with Gabe. You can tell it's a song about trying to smile despite the sadness, which is something else than a happy smiley song. You can almost read in Alessandro's eyes that he knows he must try, and wants to try, and Gabe encourages him. But it will take some time for the smile to break through and even longer for it to last. There is a sense of understanding between the boys which makes the video very believable to me.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 2:01 pm">6 years ago</span> You can almost read in Alessandro's eyes that he knows he must try, and wants to try, and Gabe encourages him. But it will take some time for the smile to break through and even longer for it to last. There is a sense of understanding between the boys which makes the video very believable to me.
Amazingly well expressed! This coincides with what - rather nebulously - is in my mind, when I see Alessandro and him with Gabe. A sort of subconscious feeling within me, which now you have put into exactly the words that reflect it.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 2:01 pm">6 years ago</span> Wow. Salve Regina uses the theme of my nr. 1 favourite Impromptu by Schubert! The first time I heard it was during a Schubert recital in Hampstead in 2014. It felt so peaceful and special. Ever since that first time it has become a piece of music that I turn to when I need to calm down or find some comfort. Now this music is enhanced by a prayer to Mary, sung by my favourite choir. And Rocco's voice, which is like the sound of woodwind to me, gives it a beautiful finish.

As for Smile, I agree with the comments about Alessandro's acting in the end and the interaction with Gabe. You can tell it's a song about trying to smile despite the sadness, which is something else than a happy smiley song. You can almost read in Alessandro's eyes that he knows he must try, and wants to try, and Gabe encourages him. But it will take some time for the smile to break through and even longer for it to last. There is a sense of understanding between the boys which makes the video very believable to me.
Thank you maartendas! Your words are very close to my thoughts after having seen the videos multiple times.
To be honest, I didn't like Salva Regina at the beginning very much. But then the song started to grow in me and now I enjoy it. Yes, it is a very calming song. A beautiful one.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 2:01 pm">6 years ago</span>
I just watched the video for the first time. I left the sound off, as I've never heard 'Smile' before and didn't want to be distracted from the acting. You are quite right. Alessandro's acting is really quite good. I've seen professional actors do far worse.
As for "Nancy", doesn't she look a lot like Gabe? Perhaps a sister?
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Hi, at a chinese videosite I found some Videos of the chinatour im 1080p. Maybe these are issued on YouTube too, I don`t know. Perhaps you will need a vpn to watch these.

What a wonderful world:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18838848

Libera

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av158160 ... d_report.1

Complete concert! You can choose every single song from a menue! Unfortuntely is the sound not very loud! It is the first time I have heart Oliver in "stay with me"!!!! Yeah!!! :D :D :D

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av159035 ... d_report.1

I hope it is ok to post the links, otherwise please delete my post ;-)