New Video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: New Video

Post by dani »

I wondered that as well but I'm assuming it's Alex again but just weird lighting ?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, you are probably right Dani, thank you :)

it's easier when comparing the two close-ups.
In addition it seems there is the same blue marks on the cheeks.

TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:04 pm">7 years ago</span> Yes, you are probably right Dani, thank you :)

it's easier when comparing the two close-ups.
In addition it seems there is the same blue marks on the cheeks.

Also, the wave or comb over of hair in the front appears to be identical in both pictures. That feature convinced me that it's Alex G. A totally different look with the "weird lighting." At first I thought he was a new boy we hadn't seen before, which didn't make sense since all the new boys were revealed at the Christmas concert.
TimS_TheToolman

Here's another one. Who is this boy? I want to say that it's Alex G, again, but I can't quite match the hair or any other features to any of the other pictures. :? I absolutely love the lighting effects of this picture, it's beautiful. :D
Attachments
17021465_10154468394062992_8766638169199231067_n.jpg
17021465_10154468394062992_8766638169199231067_n.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
17021465_10154468394062992_8766638169199231067_n.jpg
17021465_10154468394062992_8766638169199231067_n.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm">7 years ago</span> Here's another one. Who is this boy?
Alex G again.
TimS_TheToolman

john45 wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm">7 years ago</span>
TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm">7 years ago</span> Here's another one. Who is this boy?
Alex G again.
Thanks for the confirmation, John. I just now figured it out. The red smudge on the his left collar is the same as the pic where he is listening to his phone (I think it's a phone).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Today on twitter and instagram Libera announced "Our two new music videos 'Smile' and 'Salve Regina' will be out soon. "

:D Woohoo!

I wonder what "soon" means? :roll: lol

They have also uploaded new photos of the behind the scenes to this filming to their Facebook page.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:33 pm">7 years ago</span> Today on twitter and instagram Libera announced "Our two new music videos 'Smile' and 'Salve Regina' will be out soon. "

They have also uploaded new photos of the behind the scenes to this filming to their Facebook page.

Soon for then can means months as in early Jan they promised more videos from the Xmas Concert and we are now in March .

Hopefully this time soon actually means soon though
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm">7 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:33 pm">7 years ago</span> Today on twitter and instagram Libera announced "Our two new music videos 'Smile' and 'Salve Regina' will be out soon. "

Soon for then can means months as in early Jan they promised more videos from the Xmas Concert and we are now in March .

Hopefully this time soon actually means soon though
You said it not me :wink:

My genuine feeling though, humor aside, is that the 360 degree videos were found unsuitable for some reason.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

In case you hadn't seen them already, here are the two complete videos, once again very well done.

It's always nice to see the boys have the opportunity to be part of videos as well as CDs, to preserve all of their time and effort that goes into these songs. And it provides fans a glimpse of their personalities as they move about and act out the songs.

(Just wondering - in 'Smile' is that supposed to be his mother? And to be honest, I was half-expecting either Gabe or Alessandro to crack a smile at the end.)

filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 am">6 years ago</span> And to be honest, I was half-expecting either Gabe or Alessandro to crack a smile at the end.)
Alessandro's look at the end of the Smile video rather fits the verses "... though your heart is aching, ... even though it's breaking ... a tear may be ever so near ... You must keep on trying."

He looks so sad, I myself feel sad when I see this. :cry: He expresses this really well with his eyes and also his acting, it touches me and I'm impressed by him (I say that although in general, I don't like this kind of song videos very much, because they take away my own imagination, they fix it too much).

As to the Salve Regina video, above all, I like the end with the very beautiful singing, the painting and the vanishing in the air.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

I was excited about the 2 new music videos and finally i was able to look and listen thru them a couple of times.

Smile: Same styl of video as so often, kind of missing the essence of "smile", since it's rather hard to make out a single smile all video long. i guess Robert wasn't swinging his little paper smiley back and forth like during the concert in Ely.
I like the song though, nice harmonys especially from 1:54 going forward

Salva Regina: Not a fan of the video at all but i guess to a song this slow and without emotions it's hard to make a perfect video. This is for me one of the weaker libera songs which bores me while listening to it. it's 5 minutes of the same...not much changes and best changes to be dropped of my playlist. Hopefully there will be a little upbeat songs too on this new CD, especially since the CD is called "hope", this video and this song doesn't really turn me hopeful=)))

all in all im glad i didnt pay 50 euros for shipping this dvd from Japan=) even though i would like to listen to the CD by now already=)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I liked Smile and the song has grown on me every time I have heard it.

Salva Regina I was so excited when I heard they was going to sing this and I have to say I am disappointed as it's just dull and the songs goes nowhere . I am amazed that whoever choose the songs for the video figured it was a better choice than Angele Dei or any other song on the album. It's totally forgettable unfortunately.

Rocco's solo at the end is the highlight of the song.
Last edited by dani on Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I was also disappointed with the Salve Regina, but I didn't want to be the first one to say so. I was surprised that Rocco's solo was only the final phrase of the song. A more substantial solo in the middle of the piece would have helped in my opinion. Unlike some past arrangements such as Luminosa or Lacrymosa, the source material for Salve Regina was insufficient on its own to make the piece interesting (at least the parts of the source material that were used), and even the Lacrymosa has an additional vocal line with English lyrics. The parts of Schubert's impromptu that weren't used probably wouldn't have worked as well for voices anyways, so I think this arrangement needed a secondary theme or some other original material. Also, the original impromptu has trills being played by the right hand which give the music a real sense of motion. It's a pleasant arrangement with some nice parts for the instruments, but overall I am disappointed. As for the video, it wasn't bad, but I'm not a good judge of that.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Salve Regina

Perhaps I am in the minority on "Salve Regina", but I was utterly moved by this beautiful piece. I found it neither dull nor overly repetitive; though I can understand and respect that others may feel this way. There is a lot of repetition in the melody within itself so it can be difficult to know where one part ends and another begins, but if you listen carefully you can hear that there are three separate parts which repeat the melody with slight differences each time escalating until the final solo by Rocco.

I found the music uplifting; almost like a meditation and a prayer. The Marion theme itself has no special significance to me; it was the singing and the melody that I enjoyed. The music video was also nicely done and was thematically in line with how the song made me feel. Without exaggeration this song has become a top favorite for me. Incredible music!

Smile

This was a nice song and a more grounded theme in the video. While definitely not an instant favorite like "Salve Regina" it has grown on me and I like it; a pleasant and warm piece. Definitely a keeper. :D
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 am">6 years ago</span>
(Just wondering - in 'Smile' is that supposed to be his mother?
I think so, but I'm not sure. Perhaps just a symbol of hope that leaving a bad situation is possible if one is hopeful and optimistic?