Wonderful World Southwark 2016

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Wonderful World Southwark 2016

Post by paul »

Libera has just released a new video.

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Wonderful World Southwark 2016

Post by fan_de_LoK »

In case someone missed the information,

This video new corresponds to the one that was shown yesterday in the KBR live Facebook video (read the full topic here :wink: ).
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Just wanted to say I heard Gragor's solo and he has made a great job - well done lad,
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I keep thinking of this video - it's a bit of light and hope in these worrying times. It's a heartwarming and consistent performance with a steady solo by Gregor.

Also, on FB it said: "Coming soon ….. songs filmed in 360 surround from the same concert." :D
It's like our prayers have finally been answered - video footage from a regular concert being made available to the fans :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

More videos is good.
When they say "filmed in 360 degrees" that implies filmed from a complete circle doesn't it? What is the purpose of filming the choir's backs?
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

TullyBascombe wrote:More videos is good.
When they say "filmed in 360 degrees" that implies filmed from a complete circle doesn't it? What is the purpose of filming the choir's backs?
I don't know where the camera was, but it's like in Google Maps Street View. If the camera was in front of the boys, then we would be able see the boys as if we were front and center, as well as turn so we could see the audience, and the musicians at the side. Unless the camera was on stage, we shouldn't see any more backs than the audience did.
For reference, here is a 360 video that the Royal Ballet put out last year.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
I don't know where the camera was,
The camera was on stage in the middle of a circle formed by some of the boys (some with their backs to the audience). Rotating the video will thus include the audience. I don't really see the point - just a gimmick I suppose.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

john45 wrote:
The camera was on stage in the middle of a circle formed by some of the boys (some with their backs to the audience). Rotating the video will thus include the audience. I don't really see the point - just a gimmick I suppose.
I tend to agree somewhat. I don't really want to faff around with my mouse during a libera song, dragging the video around. It would distract me from the performance a little. That said you could leave it on different groups of boys at a time and appreciate the harmony parts during a song or the soloist etc.. I find the quality of video lacking in the 360 video's despite Youtube labelling them as high as 4k etc... it's feels like blown up resolution than real optical. 360 cameras still have a way to go to stand alongside static or professional broadcast videos... certainly from the few I've seen on YouTube.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

john45 wrote:
While I would rather see them all at once, I am looking forward to being able to better admire the lighting I've heard so much about. Did they record the whole concert like this?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

To make this discussion clearer, this was the location of the 360° camera for the song "What A Wonderful World" : in front of the stage, centred.

The tech guys moved the camera a couple of time during the concert.
On some songs it was at the front like here, on some other it was a the left corner of the stage (I noted this position on "Carol of the Bells"), and few songs the camera was located right in the middle of the stage, like John describes it for the new song "Angele Dei".

We can't say if the whole concert was recorded in 360°, perhaps only some songs were.

As Surpinto said, when the camera is located front centre, it will bring the liberty to hear the song while looking at places that are not often shown by static cameras, like
- Boys located near the edges of the stage,
- Musicians located on the sides,
- Robert conducting the choir, filmed right in front of him, that will be interesting to see,
- Lights effects and colours on walls and ceiling like Alcesalcesobservator said,
etc.
The first rows of the public should be also visible, which is less motivating :lol:

The image quality of these 360° video is questionable, I agree with you Jimmy, but despite this I really look forward to discover what this can really bring.
You can hear the song many times and each time you can chose to have a different point of view, see other singers and vary a lot the perception of the song. Instead of watching just a few times a static video that never changes, having the liberty the change the point of view will probably make us to re watch the video many more times.

I especially look forward the 360° video on the beautiful new song "Angele Dei" where they put the camera in the middle of a circle with the boys facing at the camera ! It's with this kind of camera location that 360° recording presents its biggest interest :)
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

If the camera is in the semicircle like Patrick said, will the video not show Alex's face? It seems like he is facing away from the camera with his back towards it. Since the camera is located behind him, even a 360 degree angle would only be able to show his back.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I see. The camera itself has a 360 degree field of vision.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: The first rows of the public should be also visible, which is less motivating :lol:
:)
The public to the camera's right (Robert's left) would be the more "motivating".
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

gingerthedog1 wrote:If the camera is in the semicircle like Patrick said, will the video not show Alex's face? It seems like he is facing away from the camera with his back towards it. Since the camera is located behind him, even a 360 degree angle would only be able to show his back.
You are right, speaking about the camera located in the circle of the 12 choristers. This one can't have filmed Alex M from the front.

But if my memory is correct there was two 360° cameras used at the same time.
The final result that will be published may be the combination of the two... We will see.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
gingerthedog1 wrote:If the camera is in the semicircle like Patrick said, will the video not show Alex's face? It seems like he is facing away from the camera with his back towards it. Since the camera is located behind him, even a 360 degree angle would only be able to show his back.
You are right, speaking about the camera located in the circle of the 12 choristers. This one can't have filmed Alex M from the front.

But if my memory is correct there was two 360° cameras used at the same time.
The final result that will be published may be the combination of the two... We will see.
I agree, two cameras were used.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love