Possible Libera appearance on Live FB video at New Year's eve

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Possible Libera appearance on Live FB video at New Year's eve

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The following info comes from our forum member Kringle, a bing thank you to him :)

• Kadan Bart Rockett
    If you live in the USA and are used of the TV show America Got Talent, you will probably have noticed in this year's season a young guy named Kadan Bart Rockett and his sister Brooklyn.
    He is 10 and he does magic, with his sister (8) as his assistant.
    They reach the semifinals at AGT (more info about him here).
    You can watch his performances at AGT here : 1, 2, 3 and 4.
  • Why is that about this kid, here on LD ?
    Kadan and his sister posted a video Yesterday about them doing a Special live show on Facebook for New Year's eve.
    You can watch that video ---> here, or click on the image below.

In this video, Kadan enumerates some artists that will take part of that special live show.

At 3:45 they mention... :
    "And now, all the way from London, somebody that was not on America Got Talent but there're still our best friends and there are incredible singerists, their name is Libera Boys Choir, and they are from London, England.
    Yeah, the amazing thing is that their are all just our age. There are thirty boys of them.
    They have been on the Tonight Show, they have been everywhere.
    They actually playing on the radio in America right now, so, they have a PBS Special too, which is incredible.
    So yes, they always perform big, so, yes, they will be performing really really big, right here, right here on Facebook live.
    "

The day of the broadcast will be Saturday 31th December, at 10 PM Eastern time, 9 PM Central time, 8 PM Mountain time and 7 PM Pacific time.
    The show will be broadcast live on Facebook.
  • Great, but what is the connection with Libera ?
    Well, you may remember about John Rexroad, he was one of the sponsors of the Libera USA tours in 2014.
    He was also the ruler of the USA libera site, 'libera.org'
    John recently posted some tweets about him supporting Kadan Bart Rockett, et voilà ! :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Possible Libera appearance on Live FB video at New Year's eve

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This announce is of course interesting, but beyond the announcement there are questions that arise.

You may remember about the various concerts that were announced prematurely on the USA site libera.org and were not confirmed at final....
So will libera really participate to that live Facebook Special from Kadan ?
We will see...

On November 25, John Rexroad posted a tweet about him going to London for libera and to meet friends. As the video from Kadan is posted a couple of days later, there was enough time to discuss and secure the information (hopefully), so I guess we may be reasonably optimistic.

Will they travel to the USA for that ?
In the video Kadan repeats that they are coming to perform "right here, right here" so it seems they are expected to really be in the USA, despite the high costs that it would represent, for just a couple of minutes of broadcasting to a limited audience. Even if their performance is not live but a recorded video, it would be great too.

Could that performance to be the 360° video that was recorded at St. George concert ?
This seems very unlikely, Facebook Live can't broadcast 360° videos as far as I know.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is this 360 degree video going to be available in the future?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting news, thanks to Patrick/Kringle for sharing it.

I must admit I hadn't heard of them before, but that's not surprising I only dip into our own BGT every now and again. It wouldn't be impossible for libera to fly over and perform live after Jay Leno but I'm edging my bets that it will be a link-up to them over here, either pre-recorded or live. Live broadcasting over the internet poses all kinds of issues. Let's hope it goes ahead.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Unless it's a small batch of boys it will surely be live via live stream which is done so easily now.

Can you imagine the cost involved at late notice to fly just before New Year ?!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, it could be easily something like $30K for a large group :lol:

It's more likely to be a recorded video. It can't be full live, 10pm East coast is 03:00 am London time :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Yes, it could be easily something like $30K for a large group :lol:

It's more likely to be a recorded video. It can't be full live, 10pm East coast is 03:00 am London time :wink:

Hopefully it will be a video of the new song
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

This is interesting. I agree with Patrick, there are some questions here.

The cost of bringing Libera here for the FB Live event on New Years Eve may be prohibitive on Libera's end. Having had to make a plea for financial help to complete their 2016 summer tour, they may not have sufficient funds available for such a journey. Unless, Mr. Rexroad is funding their expenses, then it is possible for Libera or, as mention earlier, a small representative group to come for the broadcast. IMHO, I don't see Libera willing to undertake this project.

As many know, there is a reason why Mr. Rexroad is no longer involved with Libera. When I saw Mr. Rexroad's tweets appear about Kadan Bart Rocket and supporting them, well, I'm concerned. I fear this relationship is going to go the way that his relationship did with Libera.

And, again, IMHO, I don't think this is something Kadan Bart Rocket came up with, I see Mr. Rexroad's "promotional" hand behind this announcement, unfortunately.

It remains to be seen how much will come to fruition. We will see. :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

TimS_TheToolman wrote:IMHO, I don't see Libera willing to undertake this project.
Well, a thing is sure, is that JR, the two kids and their father were indeed in London at late November.
There are photos on JR twitter to confirm this.

So we can assume that, while in London, JR has talk with Libera.

More of this talk, it seems highly probable to me that they have already recorded the video that will be broadcast on the new year's eve.

They were all at the same place in London two weeks ago, the two Rockett kids and the whole Libera. Then it was the perfect time to record that video.

It's the only logical way to proceed in fact.
No expends, no ruinous travel across an ocean, no hours lost in airports and planes, no kid away from its family on Christmas eve :wink:

They surely have recorded a nice video, full of magic tricks and with one libera song at least, and no doubt full of laughter with the magic :)
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
TimS_TheToolman wrote:IMHO, I don't see Libera willing to undertake this project.
It's the only logical way to proceed in fact.
No expends, no ruinous travel across an ocean, no hours lost in airports and planes, no kid away from its family on Christmas eve :wink:
Agreed, this is the reason I thought Libera would not be interested, all the travel, expense, time year, etc. I hope my misgivings are unjustified and this is a huge success for everyone. I will attempt to login and view the stream, my internet service isn't always capable of keeping up with FB and YouTube type streams.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I'll be logging on and trying to watch it. Whilst JR's visions are a bit.... grandiose, a streaming or recorded concert is within the realm of possibility. But of course, nothing is certain until Libera announces it themselves.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:I'll be logging on and trying to watch it. Whilst JR's visions are a bit.... grandiose, a streaming or recorded concert is within the realm of possibility. But of course, nothing is certain until Libera announces it themselves.
Given the time difference at best it would be a recorded video (in my opinion)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote:No expends, no ruinous travel across an ocean, no hours lost in airports and planes, no kid away from its family on Christmas eve
As so many of you said, I also find it much too much effort for something that sounds like a few minutes performance there, moreover: at such a time of the year. I am mother and I would not like that, since they have the chance to travel so often. If it was the one singular occasion, then okay. But in this case: no.

At any rate: It will be so good to get the new year started with Libera! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This article says :

"As for New Year's Eve in the states, Kadan and Brooklyn will be hosting a live New Year's special from Times Square in New York City featuring guest performances from their "America's Got Talent" friends and other celebrities. The show can be watched on Kadan's Facebook page live."

I have high doubts Libera will be there in person, but if there are some Libera fans in NYC on New Year's eve, then Time Square is the place to be :wink:
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Now that it's in NYC, there are more possibilities.

It does seem odd that they would come for one presentation. They did come for the Jay Leno show and Today show with rather short notice. Although the record label might have chipped in for those high visibility appearances. However, if the TV cameras catch Libera at Times Square, that would certainly qualify as high visibility.

Stranger things have happened. Perhaps if the Rocketts and/or John Rexroad help with financing, it would work. And, of course, if they could squeeze in a couple 300 seat churches at even $10/person, for example, that would help justify it. I was blessed to be one of the few (about 150 or so) who had the privilege of seeing them at the candlelight service at Church of the Incarnation. Looked like it could seat about 400 if I remember. And they already did Riverside Church (seats more like 5-600?) in 2008. Either one of those previous venues might be more willing to arrange something last minute. But without the advance notice, they wouldn't get as many folks to come.

And if it all comes after Christmas, the families might not mind so much.

Then again, as mentioned above, that 360 degree video might come into play for this event.

If they do come, hope the boys don't get worn out!