Libera in American TV commercial?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

wpgoalie03

Libera in American TV commercial?

Post by wpgoalie03 »

I couldn't help but notice the familiar angelic voices that can be heard in this commercial...for sausages of all things! LOL! I hear this song about twice a day, so it's no wonder that I caught it. Thoughts? Skip to 33 second mark in the video to hear it.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera in American TV commercial?

Post by Surpinto »

I hear it! It sounds like part of "Sanctus". :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Oh that is them without question .
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes it is the Sanctus "Hallelujah" moment. It's been featured quite a lot in various formats. It's often used to showcase that heavenly moment, that expression of pure unadulterated joy...(ahem)...From eating succulent chicken to downing a pint, from showcasing cute babies, too celebrating that high scoring point in a top ranking role play game.

All this leads of course to more people outside of the usual fishing net, discovering more about Libera's music.

Nice find, thanks for sharing. The only question remaining is, in 10 years time... will the 'Sanctus' moment or will 'Carol of the Bells' be Libera's most widely used repertoire piece by the commercial enterprises.

...another question.... What moment in your life has been the 'Sanctus' moment?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes it is the Sanctus "Hallelujah" moment. It's been featured quite a lot in various formats. It's often used to showcase that heavenly moment, that expression of pure unadulterated joy...(ahem)...From eating succulent chicken to downing a pint, from showcasing cute babies, too celebrating that high scoring point in a top ranking role play game.

All this leads of course to more people outside of the usual fishing net, discovering more about Libera's music.

Nice find, thanks for sharing. The only question remaining is, in 10 years time... will the 'Sanctus' moment or will 'Carol of the Bells' be Libera's most widely used repertoire piece by the commercial enterprises.

...another question.... What moment in your life has been the 'Sanctus' moment?
Oh my goodness! I knew about the use of COTB for advertising but had never seen the Santcus clips you linked. Thank you Jimmy. :D
Last edited by Surpinto on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I hope that Johnsonville ponied up for the royalties.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

And here's a rather funny Purple mattress ad, with a bit of Sanctus at 1:52 and 3:28.

rubberduckysquawk

Post by rubberduckysquawk »

A lot of the examples given don't actually use Sanctus. The mattress and beer ads, for examples, seem to use https://youtu.be/Vd6wi8nDJhU - which sounds like and shares the opening notes of Sanctus, but isn't the same.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hmmh, that is a very good point you make :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Their wonderful Carol Of The Bells was used for TV commercials? Oh no. :shock: They can take Sanctus as often as they want, if Libera has to earn some money; I don't care much for this song, and I think it is played too often anyway. But when they have touched Carol Of The Bells, I have to cry, I'm afraid. :cry: As long as it isn't a Libera concert or whatever commercial ... :wink:

Where did they do that?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

rubberduckysquawk wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 pm">7 years ago</span> A lot of the examples given don't actually use Sanctus. The mattress and beer ads, for examples, seem to use https://youtu.be/Vd6wi8nDJhU - which sounds like and shares the opening notes of Sanctus, but isn't the same.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 pm">7 years ago</span> Hmmh, that is a very good point you make :D
Interesting, I'd always thought it was all Libera but now I can distinguish between the two sound bites. Seems like Japan/Korea use Libera's finer representation of Cannon in D and western advertisers go for the computer generated effect.

P.S. Not bad for a first post rubberducky...any further revelations/clarifications much welcome.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:07 am">7 years ago</span> Their wonderful Carol Of The Bells was used for TV commercials? Oh no. :shock: They can take Sanctus as often as they want, if Libera has to earn some money; I don't care much for this song, and I think it is played too often anyway.
Well it's all personal preference of course, and for long time libera fans, Sanctus can lose a bit of it's shine. However it's to my mind the only song libera hasn't yet dropped from it's live concert repertoire, and still grabs a lot of people's attention when they have never come across libera before. It's pull effect cannot be argued against. I'm all all for commercials (tax dodgers not included) using libera's music if it provides them more exposure to the open market. Many comments on YouTube ask where that piece of music comes from...and thus the journey starts for some.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:07 pm">7 years ago</span> ... for long time libera fans, Sanctus can lose a bit of it's shine. [...] still grabs a lot of people's attention when they have never come across libera before. It's pull effect cannot be argued against. I'm all all for commercials (tax dodgers not included) using libera's music if it provides them more exposure to the open market. Many comments on YouTube ask where that piece of music comes from...and thus the journey starts for some.
I see your point to make people curious, make them want to find out what music this is and, at best, create another fan and supporter of Libera. However, mine is the too strong mental linking between a commercial and the music used, which you can’t do anything against.

I just wouldn’t like it when hearing a Libera song my thoughts went to, for example, a “succulent chicken” reflexively. This doesn’t only concern Libera’s music: I have never been fond of wasting beautiful music in advertisement. For me, this has a lowering effect on the music as, from this time onward, it will always be associated with that special commercial product. I’d really like to keep my mind free from such associations when I listen to Libera’s music. Most probably, I could tolerate it better if it was used for travel agencies commercials or something like this. But not for detergents, chocolate, furniture, toothpaste, margarine, beer (!) … :roll:
If their music was used to accompany films, documentations, that would be fine! :idea: Certainly, it wouldn’t reach as many people as a commercial. But it would accord to the high level of Libera, and I do consider this as important.

A remark off-topic: In fact, Sanctus is a song that, despite my young "Libera age" and in spite of being beautiful, no doubt, has never made it near to my favourite Libera songs, probably because the Pachelbel original is so very well-known. Although my first encounter with this piecewas a version vocalised by the Swingle Singers. But please don’t look for it on youtube, there is another version only and not the really beautiful one that I mean here and still love.
And, :lol: , while searching for this version now, I came across a “Canon” collection with 35 canons, and guess whose picture is on the title and which is the first song:
► Show Spoiler
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
rubberduckysquawk

Post by rubberduckysquawk »

Sorry I'm bumping this thread. 0:28 and onwards, the exact same notes this time, but sounds like it's been played on a synthesiser to avoid having to pay for royalties and stuff. Clever...
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

LOL!!! Awesome!!! :D :D :D