No Christmas Greeting for 2015?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

No Christmas Greeting for 2015?

Post by Surpinto »

It appears there is no video Christmas greeting this year. Instead there is a message at their Facebook accompanied by photos.
To all of our friends and fans around the world, we would like to wish you all a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
And remember... wherever you are Santa Will Find You
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: No Christmas Greeting for 2015?

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I miss the video, but this is nice, too.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:It appears there is no video Christmas greeting this year.
I feel your conclusion is a bit early ;)
I'm confident there will be something new this week because the post on Facebook shows only some already existing photos. This could means that their usual new year / Christmas party as not yet occured, which would be logical as they returned back from Japan just on Thursday for Christmas eve.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

With these photos I actually like the snow feature on the Forum :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I hope you're right, but I thought they usually sang at the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillip's and filmed the Christmas Greeting video at their Christmas Eve party? Perhaps they couldn't persuade enough choiristers to attend the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillips? I imagine that most who regularly attend any church probably attend somewhere other than St. Phillip's.

If they're not posting a Christmas Greeting video it will be the first time in over 8 years.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:I hope you're right, but I thought they usually sang at the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillip's and filmed the Christmas Greeting video at their Christmas Eve party? Perhaps they couldn't persuade enough choiristers to attend the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillips? I imagine that most who regularly attend any church probably attend somewhere other than St. Phillip's.

If they're not posting a Christmas Greeting video it will be the first time in over 8 years.
I don't think they attend other churches Tully - to be in Libera you have to do the Sunday services at St Phillips - they weren't present on Christmas Eve because they had just travelled back from Japan landing a few hours before and you could not reasonably expect the boys or the adults on that trip to go to a church service at midnight.

The last couple of Christmas messages have been filmed at the choir party which i think has been held a few weeks before Christmas - maybe with everybody busy in Japan they just didn't have time to pull it together and release it this year.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:With these photos I actually like the snow feature on the Forum :wink:
:) I have just recently discovered that the snow can be turned of in your user control panel.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:I hope you're right, but I thought they usually sang at the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillip's and filmed the Christmas Greeting video at their Christmas Eve party? Perhaps they couldn't persuade enough choiristers to attend the Christmas Eve service at St. Phillips? I imagine that most who regularly attend any church probably attend somewhere other than St. Phillip's.

I don't think they attend other churches Tully - to be in Libera you have to do the Sunday services at St Phillips - they weren't present on Christmas Eve because they had just travelled back from Japan landing a few hours before and you could not reasonably expect the boys or the adults on that trip to go to a church service at midnight.

The last couple of Christmas messages have been filmed at the choir party which i think has been held a few weeks before Christmas - maybe with everybody busy in Japan they just didn't have time to pull it together and release it this year.
I didn't realize they cut it so close to Christmas this year.
I know that on one or two occasions in their Christmas greetings they said that they were at the Christmas Eve service, but maybe that was only once or twice.
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Yorkie, I'm puzzled. Can you help? You say to be in Libera they have to sing at St. Phillips Service. I know I'm probably wrong but I thought they took boys from all faiths (or indeed none) so do those boys sing at St. Phillips?
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kay wrote:Yorkie, I'm puzzled. Can you help? You say to be in Libera they have to sing at St. Phillips Service. I know I'm probably wrong but I thought they took boys from all faiths (or indeed none) so do those boys sing at St. Phillips?
To the best of my knowledge, yes. There are many of the Libera boys past and present that attend Roman Catholic schools who sing at St P's on a Sunday. I would expect that the same goes for boys with other religions and of none.

Mercy & Love
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Thanks Yorkie for reply. It adds to my knowledge of Liberal
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

From the Libera FAQ, It would seem that they do not need to attended St Phillips on a Sunday, I got the impression the reason Libera was created was to open it up to all ( To be Free ) To fix on one religion in this day and age would lead no wear as so many now no longer connect or attend churches or organised events.

The singers of Libera are aged seven to sixteen and come from a variety of backgrounds, attending many different schools in South London, including local state schools, church schools and performing arts schools. Boys of all denomination or none are welcome. Membership need not conflict with other church obligations

Steve
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sjh wrote:From the Libera FAQ, It would seem that they do not need to attended St Phillips on a Sunday, I got the impression the reason Libera was created was to open it up to all ( To be Free ) To fix on one religion in this day and age would lead no wear as so many now no longer connect or attend churches or organised events.

The singers of Libera are aged seven to sixteen and come from a variety of backgrounds, attending many different schools in South London, including local state schools, church schools and performing arts schools. Boys of all denomination or none are welcome. Membership need not conflict with other church obligations

Steve
Thanks Steve - which boys sing in Libera that do not regularly attend the Sunday services?

Mercy & Love
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Hi Yorkie.

Like yourself I live a fair distance away from London so do not attend any services, but looking at the ethnic line up of Libera I would think a good number are from a Catholic background, If the parents are practicing Catholics then I would expect them to attend a Catholic Church for services. The two churches may have come closer in recent years but from my experience in life they do tend to defend there respective patch's quite strongly.

As a I was baptised CoE but really have had nothing to do with religion since a young boy, and really have no feelings as to a supreme being of any kind, I have surprised my self at how much I have enjoyed the sound of Libera, And the last two concerts I have attended so may be hope for me.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, whilst I can't claim that I have the definitive answer or any secret knowledge, the choir on a Sunday at St P's is usually made up of the Libera performers whatever their individual flavour of religion or lack there of.

But as to whether that is happy coincidence or a requirement we may never truly know.

Mercy & Love