Far Away cover

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Far Away cover

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I apologise if someone has seen this already, but I thought this was a pleasing cover.
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: Far Away cover

Post by hiskeys »

Here's a gorgeous arrangement of Far Away, done on a Yamaha Electone organ. It's a wonderful instrument, when you know how to take advantage of what it can do.

And the arrangement is quite well done, being sensitive to the song itself. Some of the inner voicings that have been added give it richness. Wonder if any in Libera have come upon this arrangement.

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:27 am">5 years ago</span> Here's a gorgeous arrangement of Far Away, done on a Yamaha Electone organ.
Superb. Thanks so much for sharing!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Beautiful! Thanks for posting it Hiskeys.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

I was looking at some of her other videos, and here's one for "Angel" also.

So she must admire either Libera, or the Japanese composer of both Angel and Far Away (can't remember his name at this moment.)

By the way, this instrument obviously involves certain prerecorded parts, but she is playing as much as possible live (including pedals). In the other video above (Far Away), the camera angle allows you to see the sound bank lights change through their cycle (the lights on the front of the keyboard). And I imagine it's set up to change on a certain beat; you can see the measure and beat marker running as well, to the left.

I'm even wondering if the arrangements are published (by the author), and are available for purchase. I notice she does movie themes also, like Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean.

hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Here's another cover of Far Away, by a young Spanish singer.

It's always been a challenging song to sing well, because of its vocal range and large jumps in the melody; Michael Horncastle made it sound easy.

I see they added a bit different ending, perhaps to keep it short for the TV show.

[BBvideo=560,315]http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/prod ... l/5162437/[/BBvideo]
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

I've always liked Youtube user 2241322's covers of Libera songs! Here is his version of far away! He does the backing ahs too.