Carol of the Bells

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

Re: Carol of the Bells

Post by Sue »

Yeahh, like it, too. I am glad to see Isaac, Michael, Mini-Madine & Jakub. Also like the fact that there aren't nearly 30 boys in it like on stage last tour. Cause if the group is to big it confused me a bit, becomes unclear for me. I agree Stefan, Ralph & Daniel are grown. Sympathetic young man this Stefan Leadbeater now :)
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

This was filmed in a cemetery? :shock: Before watching it i was expecting snow, mistletoes and all since this will be their feature video for the christmas season.

Other than that, the video is neatly done. Fun to watch the cuts following the beats. Without the veterans, it looks like Libera is formally introducing the new generation. But i wonder why Ben wasn't there; he's probably busy. I understand the absence of Josh and Sam, they're 17 but Ben isn't even 16, he would easily blend with this new batch unnoticeably.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Benj wrote:This was filmed in a cemetery? :shock:
Maybe... maybe not...

It looks like a cemetery, one of those old cemeteries created in the 19th century around London and drown now by trees and vegetation.
I recently visited the Highgate Cemetery, both East and West parts, and it's very like on the video, nature, ivy, forest everywhere :)

But when looking to the stones of the video, there is something missing regarding graves decoration, there is no text on the stones.
So it may be a cemetery but its not exclude it's a park.

Londoners should be able to answer that :)
psykick

Post by psykick »

Benj wrote:But i wonder why Ben wasn't there; he's probably busy.
Perhaps Ben insisted that he direct the filming but was denied, and was therefore upset and did not join :)

But no, in all seriousness, I do agree that Ben would easily fit into this 'new generation'. The video would have been even more exuding with his presence.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

It must been fun visiting Highgate being the site of that iconic video. :D And it wouldn't be surprising if they came back there. Must look beautiful even outside the camera, not scary at all.

Ha ha very funny Psykick! Ben acting on having a tantrum. Knowing how playful he is, that wouldn't be hard to imagine. :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Pretty much all has been said about this video. I agree it's not Christmassy which makes it a bit out of place. You'd think they shot this pretty quickly in order to have a video out to promote the album and on a tight budget. They probably did so with the boys who were available, in a nice atmospheric spot where they could set up their gear for an afternoon or so. I just hope none of the boys caught a cold ;)
Daniel actually reminded me of Conor O'Donnell in a way, with his new haircut.

Btw - about the last bit of Cassius - I haven't heard the album yet so I don't know but to me that bit sounds like Cassius as well and not MIni James... Can anyone confirm whether they changed it so we do indeed hear Cassius (and so he's not mining James' part)?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
music

Post by music »

Carol of the Bells is my favorite track! I was expecting to see white, silver, snow in the video but nevertheless, Libera videos are always "effective". It may not have been Christmas-sy but we all end up watching it over and over again :lol: I really hope a DVD comes soon, I'm dying missing Libera :( I want to watch them AGAIN!!!
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
chris17

Post by chris17 »

maartendas wrote:Btw - about the last bit of Cassius - I haven't heard the album yet so I don't know but to me that bit sounds like Cassius as well and not MIni James... Can anyone confirm whether they changed it so we do indeed hear Cassius (and so he's not mining James' part)?
The last bit in the video definitely sounds different than the last bit in the album. I'm not sure if it was James who did it in the album, but it sounds a little like him so it could have been.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

On my carol of the bells on the album it is Cassius.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I remember thinking when I first listened to the album that I thought it was Mini James doing the last few lines and I think it sounds a little diffrent on the video, maybe you guys are right? :D
Danie :D
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

danieb88 wrote:I remember thinking when I first listened to the album that I thought it was Mini James doing the last few lines and I think it sounds a little diffrent on the video, maybe you guys are right? :D
I thought so too. But I was mentioning it in the beginning. But that again question raise questions!! ;-). But I'm sure that in the video we here Cassius. Comparing to the concert. Just not sure who is singing on the album. I thought Mini-James.
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Well on mine it is Cassius. It does not sound like James to me at all.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Ooh, LennesSL, you are secretly trying to tease me into listening to Carol of the Bells on my own copy of the CD :evil: :lol:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The thing is with the Carol of the Bells is that every time I hear it I automatically think of the version put out by the H.P.Lovecraft Society.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Is CotB the first Libera video to get 3 million views?

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love