Carol of the Bells

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Carol of the Bells

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Is CotB the first Libera video to get 3 million views?

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Nice find !!
When a video starts to have millions of views, things become serious :)

We still haven't found the location of this recording, right ?
dongtosh

Post by dongtosh »

They sure have really great voice! I love to meet them! :)

Check out my Facebook & Twitter!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Might hit 4 millions views before the Christmas festivities end. Probably not for the big day itself, but it will be close.

Also good to know we've got a network of fans around the UK who are more than happy to play this song in their local.
virtualjukeliberacotb.jpg
one for the road...
virtualjukeliberacotb.jpg (131.82 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
one for the road...
one for the road...
virtualjukeliberacotb.jpg (131.82 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Might hit 4 millions views before the Christmas festivities end. Probably not for the big day itself, but it will be close.
i've been keeping my on that view count too - it is only a few months ago that it hit 3 million views so it really has some traction :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

When I remembered to check on the second of January it had topped 4 million views - I like to think that it was still the 1st somewhere in the world when it actually happened. A good start to the New Year.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote:When I remembered to check on the second of January it had topped 4 million views - I like to think that it was still the 1st somewhere in the world when it actually happened. A good start to the New Year.
Wonderful to hear, they deserve to be seen and heard even more so!

In your opinion what is the reason for the unique success of this video as opposed to some of their others? The well known music of COTB? The fact that choral music is appropriate to Christmas in today's world and mostly ignored otherwise?

It's a really good arrangement that has clearly been met with acclaim, but most of the view counts on their other videos are tiny in comparison and I just do not understand why. There are exceptions "O Holy Night" has 1.5 million, "Sanctus" nearly 1.2 million, "Adoramus" has 1 million. All of these were posted at around the same time as COTB.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Surpinto wrote:
Yorkie wrote:When I remembered to check on the second of January it had topped 4 million views - I like to think that it was still the 1st somewhere in the world when it actually happened. A good start to the New Year.
Wonderful to hear, they deserve to be seen and heard even more so!

In your opinion what is the reason for the unique success of this video as opposed to some of their others? The well known music of COTB? The fact that choral music is appropriate to Christmas in today's world and mostly ignored otherwise?

It's a really good arrangement that has clearly been met with acclaim, but most of the view counts on their other videos are tiny in comparison and I just do not understand why. There are exceptions "O Holy Night" has 1.5 million, "Sanctus" nearly 1.2 million, "Adoramus" has 1 million. All of these were posted at around the same time as COTB.
They did perform it on several TV shows and interviews, which would have created publicity. Sadly the U.S. performance--"Tonight With Jay Leno", I think it was--which was one of my favorites seems to have been taken off YouTube. :(
On a slightly related note, watch this :D
:shock:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The Tonight Show may have been what did it but the counter has been climbing since then too.
alcesalcesobservator wrote: On a slightly related note, watch this :D
:shock:

I give them an A for effort :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Good to see the video break the 4 million mark, I think the secret of it's success is the inspired arrangement. I remember the 'Gloria in excelsis deo' interjections first time around and wasn't sure about them, but now I can't imagine a version with them. The way it's paced, and the building high notes. Robert Prizeman has arranged it uniquely for his choir and as we've seen above any attempt to replicate elsewhere in this way, won't quite hit the mark. (although full credit to them for trying)

The video obviously has universal appeal across all ages, genders and tastes. It has been used in many adverts and Christmas campaigns - from QVC to Eastenders, to a promo for a sci-fi channel. Classic FM play it many times over Christmas, and earns positive feedback from listeners. It performs well as a single download in the classical/vocal charts during December, never leaving the top 3 on Amazon and inside the top 20 on ITunes.

The 'crossover' tag attracts alot of stick by the purists, but this is an example were it can be a lucrative success. It's done exactly that - crossed-over the choral threshold and impressed those that would never usually watch or listen to a song sung by a boys choir/group. It has achieved it whilst maintaining a high choral standard and not sacrificed any of the core principles or made any attempt at a viral gimmick.

It's cool, modern, trendy and original. It will have a very long shelf life, because throughout the 31 days of December people return year after year, to listen to it over and over again.

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Sadly the U.S. performance--"Tonight With Jay Leno", I think it was--which was one of my favorites seems to have been taken off YouTube. :(
You can access a copy of it from my google drive here
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:Sadly the U.S. performance--"Tonight With Jay Leno", I think it was--which was one of my favorites seems to have been taken off YouTube. :(
You can access a copy of it from my google drive here
Thanks! I love this performance because the boys look so animated.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

And within the next few hours it will top the 5 million views mark - well deserved I say.

One of the most under rated Libera videos/songs (in my opinion) is O Holy Night and that has surpassed 2 million views; good but it deserves many more!

Merry Christmas.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote:And within the next few hours it will top the 5 million views mark - well deserved I say.
That's amazing! There are two upsides for this, first they may be able to make a small amount of money with this many views (it may not be anything given how long it took to get those views), secondly it will hopefully encourage them to make new music videos going forward.