The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Post by fan_de_LoK »

filiarheni wrote: I envy you.

By the way, is Libera also singing in "Ascension / Gloria Patri"?

Sadly neither the movie end credits nor the soundtrack CD give any detailed credits on each song.

We know that there was an adult choir involved, as well as libera.
Any of them, or both, may have sung parts of the harmonies were hear on Ascension /Gloria Patri.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cool! :D

Thank you for sharing. I hope that the extended version materializes in a real way, and that it not end up like what happened with "Music of The Spheres" where an extended version was promised but never made available.

Glad you enjoyed hearing Libera in a unique setting.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The extended version is not just mentioned in a comment on a facebook page, it is officially announced by Mark McKenzie on his Web site :)
I should have checked that earlier ! :lol:

http://www.markmckenzie.org/new-mckenzi ... t-miracle/

niels

Post by niels »

wow thats colossal news!! thx fdl for this :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The new extended version received it's first UK airplay today on Clare Balding's Sunday morning radio show. Kudos to Clare for playing it, not a bad replacement for Aled after all ;)

It was simply stunning; I'm not going to audio grab and share due to copyright and respecting the new album's release but UK listeners can hear it here at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08n102f around 50:30. Maybe it will be available to overseas listeners too, sorry if it isn't. Not long to wait now anyway and the CD/download will sound better still.

Some really tricky passages, superb work by Thomas DL...Will be a tricky one to perform live. I'm sure LIbera could pull it off though.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
niels

Post by niels »

great :D now iam sure i can't wait for the new album :roll:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:24 am">7 years ago</span> The new extended version received it's first UK airplay today on Clare Balding's Sunday morning radio show. Kudos to Clare for playing it, not a bad replacement for Aled after all ;)

It was simply stunning; I'm not going to audio grab and share due to copyright and respecting the new album's release but UK listeners can hear it here at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08n102f around 50:30. Maybe it will be available to overseas listeners too, sorry if it isn't. Not long to wait now anyway and the CD/download will sound better still.

Some really tricky passages, superb work by Thomas DL...Will be a tricky one to perform live. I'm sure LIbera could pull it off though.
Wow wow wow. Stunning doesn't come close. I like the original but this is fantastic.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

So no. 2 of their first CD teaser, which I like so much, is Benedictus Deus. :)
And it didn't promise too much, this is a very beautiful new version and elaboration of the song! :)

(Maybe you already talked about it in the "Hope"-Thread, but I stopped reading it for getting some surprise when I listen to the CD for the first time, so this is news for me here.)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

I was able to listen with a little help from my VPN. It truly does lift your spirits especially when you wake up and see that there has been an overnight snowfall in April. Looking forward to the new cd (and Spring)!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:24 am">7 years ago</span> ... but UK listeners can hear it here at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08n102f around 50:30. Maybe it will be available to overseas listeners too, sorry if it isn't.
Thank you for sharing.

I was able to listen to it here in Poland. It is really amazing. I liked especially the middle part with the stunning syncopating rhythm sung by the choir. And of course TDL does a superb job. He reaches clearly even highest notes. Yes, the song is tricky to sing due to that rhythm, which i s not a simple one, but the result is more than beautiful. I am so happy, that this song will be available on the new CD "Hope".
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Robolib7 wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 pm">7 years ago</span> I was able to listen with a little help from my VPN. It truly does lift your spirits especially when you wake up and see that there has been an overnight snowfall in April. Looking forward to the new cd (and Spring)!
Glad you could play it and enjoy it. You shouldn't need a VPN though to listen to BBC radio shows as only the BBC TV programmes require the licence fee - the radio should be available everywhere (or so I believe). Does this link directly to the Radio 2 website work without a VPN ?

Radio 2 website
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:27 pm">7 years ago</span>
Glad you could play it and enjoy it. You shouldn't need a VPN though to listen to BBC radio shows as only the BBC TV programmes require the licence fee - the radio should be available everywhere (or so I believe). Does this link directly to the Radio 2 website work without a VPN ?

Yes, radio is available in Eastern Canada and I believe everywhere. For British TV I use a UK proxy server.
Wonderful to hear TDL in his prime again.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm">7 years ago</span>

Yes, radio is available in Eastern Canada and I believe everywhere. For British TV I use a UK proxy server.
Wonderful to hear TDL in his prime again.
Yes, this plays in the United States as well with no issues.

So great to hear this new song and TDL's fantastic singing. This unexpected treat has already made my day!! :D

Thank you for the find Jimmy. :D
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

Robolib7 wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 pm">7 years ago</span> I was able to listen with a little help from my VPN. It truly does lift your spirits especially when you wake up and see that there has been an overnight snowfall in April. Looking forward to the new cd (and Spring)!

Radio 2 website
Yes the link did work for me without a VPN. I guess that I just assumed (incorrectly) that I would need it for both radio and TV. Never too old to learn something new!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well I'm very happy the international fanbase can listen to this hassle free. It's a fine effort, libera at their best. RP has intuitively added the extra segment and you'd be none the wiser had you come across it for the first time. Chomping at the bit now to hear the album in full.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez