The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Can't keep up with Libera's workload lately! lol

I won't waffle on (despite the excitement!), but if you click on these two links it will tell you all about Libera's latest inclusion on a prominent album released only for digital download but seemingly well received by critics.

I will quote a few passages but it's well worth reading the whole article.

http://moviemusicuk.us/2011/03/26/the-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -mckenzie/
The choral elements are equally magnificent. They first appear in the stunning “Angels, Demons and Prayer”, in which some more strident string writing and darker, bolder brass material finds itself competing with a heavenly performance of the main theme in a battle for musical supremacy. The London Libera Boy’s Choir conducted by Robert Prizeman enters the fray in the astonishing “Benedictus Deus”, which grows from a solo boy soprano to a duet to the full choir and orchestra over the course of a mere 97 stunning seconds. Later, their angelic cooing gives the triumphant and turbulent “Offerings” and the first half of the bold and vivid “I Miss You” a sense of majesty and grandeur, while their more emotionally charged and tragic vocal performances during “Ultimate Love” provides one of the score’s darkest moments of poignancy.
http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/the-great-miracle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The London's Libera Boys choir plays a large role in heightening the already liturgical quality of the story. And McKenzie uses it so magical that you'll receive goosebumps during them. The choral song (and orchestral back up) in "Benedictus Deus" is simply magical, whilst forming a magical unison with the strings in "Offering", another McKenzie career highlight. Here the choir is actually singing in the magical presentation many Ennio Morricone scores delivered us during the years (including Marco Polo and The Mission).
P.S. don't forget to rate this article on the right hand side. I gave it 5/5 because the reviewer denotes 'excellent track' on a few involving Libera ;)

So Libera are heavily involved in choral support for this album, their main part is track 5 Benedictus Deus as described above, but they seem to pop up in quite a few of the tracks.

I think I'll be downloading the whole album from http://www.amazon.com/Great-Miracle-El-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... B004PU8AU8

:)

Here's a YouTube upload of (I think) the beginning of the album and you can hear the Libera boys at 10:50

[youtube][/youtube]

This is just part of their contribution, but I can't find anything more on Youtube. Suppose it will make me download it!

FDL - You can include this in the compilations thread you've kindly setup and manitained but with it being new material. I thought it was worthy of a thread on it's own for now. :)

No rest for the Libera boys, they are in such demand!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Wow that was kept secret as its been out since Feb. I wonder why Libera dont mention stuff like this on there twitter and blog. They must know people will want to know.

Jimmy if you download Benedictus Deus can you let me know what you think of it and il download it if its decent.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Wow that was kept secret as its been out since Feb. I wonder why Libera dont mention stuff like this on there twitter and blog. They must know people will want to know.
Does seem strange they don't mention it. Although it doesn't seem to be too widely available. I was hoping it would be on Itunes, as I've got a gift voucher card I want to use. Seems like amazon US is the only place?
Jimmy if you download Benedictus Deus can you let me know what you think of it and il download it if its decent.
Will do! but it's only 0.99 cents (£0.617GBP) ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much for that great information Jimmy ! :D

Here another part of the Benedictus Deus can be heard as sample.

I really wonder who is the soloist ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:Wow that was kept secret as its been out since Feb. I wonder why Libera dont mention stuff like this on there twitter and blog. They must know people will want to know.
Does seem strange they don't mention it. Although it doesn't seem to be too widely available. I was hoping it would be on Itunes, as I've got a gift voucher card I want to use. Seems like amazon US is the only place?
Will do! but it's only 0.99 cents (£0.617GBP) ;)
I just like to hear reviews from actual fans. I am sure if they feather on a few good tracks i will also download them. I just dont wanna bit the bullet first :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Great find! I bet Symphonica will love this :)
I agree. In that respect Libera could use a PR assistant ;)
Last edited by maartendas on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you very much for that great information Jimmy ! :D

Stefan?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yeah, maybe Stefan :)
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:

Stefan?
Definately :) They sound amazing as usual. Thanks FDL. Who's the second soloist?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:

Stefan?
Definately :) They sound amazing as usual. Thanks FDL.
Yep. Always nice to have a new Stefan solo as may not get one in a new album. His voice is so powerful :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:

Stefan?
Definately :) They sound amazing as usual. Thanks FDL. Who's the second soloist?
Ralph i thought came in at the end.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

You would edge your bets on Ralph for sure. Sounds several octaves lower, could it be an older boy? Could be Jakob maybe? All guesses for now.

I like libera with the sythesizers. Their unique style and modern arrangements for treble singing, but I love the back to basics traditional attire aswell. The purity of Benedictus Deus certainly falls into this catagory.

"The Great Miracle" is a 3D animated movie to be released in six months, in October 2011 by FDL on Libera passion

Didn't know that FDL, thanks. Looks like there's more to run on this one.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Just brought that one song for 64p
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Just brought that one song for 64p
Congrats! Well worth every penny :D

I've got the entire album @ £5.60. I'm going to listen to it later as part of a Sunday evening wind-down before the crap week at work starts tomorrow lol
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:Just brought that one song for 64p
Congrats! Well worth every penny :D

I've got the entire album @ £5.60. I'm going to listen to it later as part of a Sunday evening wind-down before the crap week at work starts tomorrow lol
Thats great. I look forward to your review. Based on what you say will depend on how many more tracks i download. As it seems this is there main track :)