The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Liber

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't have too much hope, I don't think the movie is even moninated for the Oscars, I think this is just Mark McKenzie dreaming awake :wink:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Hopefully the soundtrack gets nominated (even if it doesn't win). :) But the competition is tough. He could easily be up against Michael Giacchino for Super 8 and to whoever scored Harry Potter 8. :) It would be nice if Mark McKenzie gets nominated.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Sure it would !! :D

Today it's the film première in Mexico and USA.
I hope Lauren had been able to be there and that she will give us a review and how the public received the soudtrack and the song Benedictus :)

Does anyone knows where to look for the nominations for the 2012's Oscars ?
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

phlibera wrote:Hopefully the soundtrack gets nominated (even if it doesn't win). :) But the competition is tough. He could easily be up against Michael Giacchino for Super 8 and to whoever scored Harry Potter 8. :) It would be nice if Mark McKenzie gets nominated.
I love Harry Potter's soundtrack! Of course I love Libera more :lol:
Side note: Super 8 was filmed across the river from me (I can see the town from my bedroom!) :) ...I haven't seen it yet :roll: , though I heard it was good! :D
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Does anyone knows where to look for the nominations for the 2012's Oscars ?

The nominations will be announced onTuesday, January 24, 2012 and the show itself is Sunday February 26th, hosted by Eddie Murphy. No doubt the full list of nominess will be available at the Academy website.
http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/index.html
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Today it's the film première in Mexico and USA.
I hope Lauren had been able to be there and that she will give us a review and how the public received the soudtrack and the song Benedictus :)
Sorry it took me so long to post about this. We're in Michigan for Lexi, my husand, sister-in-law, brother-in-law (not married to the previous but to a different sil) and father-in-law to run the Detroit Marathan Relay.

I went to the first Ford City showing at noon yesterday. It turns out that it is also showing today and Sunday at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 and 8:00 each day at Ford City and in Barrington. The Ford City location is supposed to have some showings in Spanish, but thankfully the one I went to was in English. :D

The animation is not Pixar or Disney, but with the 3D glasses on it really isn't too bad. My favorite scene is when the doves fly and you fly with them getting an aerial view of the city. Nicely done.

The basic plot is a widowed mom and her son and her struggles to learn what is important in life. A man who is a bus driver who finds out his son has cancer. Their paths first cross when he almost hits her car with his bus, unkind words are exchanged. The third main character is an old woman who doesn't feel needed anymore but feels like she is a burden to her family. They each are led by a different teenage boy (that turn out to be their guardian angels) to go to the church. I won't give away the whole storyline. It is definitely a Catholic film with scenes of purgatory, etc. And the demons might be too scary for a small child.

The music is phenomenal! It sounds so good inside a theater! I wouldn't be surprised if Mark McKenzie is nominated for a Grammy. When Libera sings "Benedictus" it shows a children's choir in white and maroon robes up in a balcony. I think (gasp) there are girls in the choir. :lol: When you listen to the soundtrack, you feel like "Benedictus" is too short. You want them to sing more. But when you see the movie, it's just perfect. While they sing you soar around the church looking at the children and the stained glass windows. Very nice.

There were only 6 other people in the theater with me, but it WAS at noon. Not many people go to the movies that early. They're all in school or working. I did expect there to be a Catholic school field trip or something. I met a woman afterwards (you know I always talk to everyone - hehe) and she was actively promoting the movie. She reminded me of me with Libera. She said there were ads on Relevant Radio, and she had movie posters that she was passing out to churches to hang up. (Yes, she almost gave me a poster, but all she had left was Spanish ones, and she needed them for churches.) She was disappointed at the turnout, but again it was at noon. She said she loves Libera but somehow did not know that Libera was in Chicago this summer. She said she would have even driven to Minnesota to see them. I gave her the web site but wondered why she'd never googled "Libera." :shock:

Oh, I forgot. They also used Libera's "Far Away" in the movie. And the extra track on the CD may be this contemporary song that I think was sung by a girl at the end. I'm not sure who it was cause the credits were flying by.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Nice review Lauren thanks for sharing. If it ever makes it to DVD I might just go out and buy it. The very least I want to see the Benedictus 'Angels' scene ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Thank you for that wonderful review, Lauren :). Maybe you could share a bit more on Mini Angels blog.

Charmaine
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much Lauren !! :D
I really want to see that movie, I hope a DVD will be set soon :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thanks Lauren!
I would love to hear Benedictus and Far Away in a theater 8)
Hope for a DVD!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

sounds really sweet. Thanks for the review. Was this the film that feathered some or was that another short movie?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I think you're thinking of Venus in Eros, Dani.

None of the animated characters resembled any Libera members at all,
not even the ones in the choir.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

tom413 wrote:I think you're thinking of Venus in Eros, Dani.

None of the animated characters resembled any Libera members at all,
not even the ones in the choir.

Thank You - That does ring a bell now. Sometimes its hard to keep up :mrgreen:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

MiracleMovie Twitter feeds are positive -
MiracleMovie is rocking the box office - the support has been overwhelming so were EXTENDING RELEASE through this Thursday!
...no cinema (up north we call it 'pictures') release for the UK, though they have confirmed it will be available on DVD. Lauren was right, the afternoon shows might not be selling out but the evening showings are proving popular. One 8pm showing in Southgate was sold out. Good exposure for Libera on the soundtrack!

A quote from a comment made on facebook...
As for from a child's viewpoint, my girls loved it. The angels were amazing, their favorite part.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

....another Mckenzie interview here http://www.cinezik.org/gb/compositeurs/ ... nt20111016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and reference to that Blizzard the libera boys had to get through to reach the recording studio, with the help of their families.
...In my first meeting with Pablo, he mentioned he liked the Libera boys choir, and I coincidently had just attended a Libera concert and met Robert Prizeman its director. Fast forward to the one day Libera was available to record, given our schedule and we were faced with an enormous blizzard in London. Since the boys come from great distances, it was unclear if they would be able to reach our session. Somehow, 17 boys' parents found a way through the snow and cold; a commitment, determination, and toughness that felt, well, miraculous!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez