Libera blog

Fanblogs and Fansites about Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber either, but, um, I may or may not have a tiny crush on Sean Kingston from the Eenie Meenie music video. Not that I've seen that video or anything. Ahem.

I feel like the Tom-to-Justin comparison is unfair to both of them because they're each doing very different, very successful things. It comes up a lot though, doesn't it? I mentioned Libera to an online friend the other day, and his response was, "So do you have Bieber Fever?" This is about the third time this has happened to me. I don't even get it. They're like apples and oranges.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Baby baby baby oh... My baby baby baby no... :) Hehe... :lol:

Not really a fan of Justin Bieber's music, but I hear that song a lot. So without a doubt it's a hit and he's a hit. But if all goes well and also depending on what Tom really wants to do with his life, Tom's music and voice will probably stand the test of time more than Justin's. But it's like comparing apples to oranges here... a matter of preference.

Ben Crawley wrote a comment to congratulate Tom:
Tom Tom Tom - or should I say T dot!

Just found this - its really great! Sorry its taken so long - but this is really really great! We'll talk about it on sunday. But I love it.

I'm just welling up with pride!
And how have you had so many hits!!!

word. B x
I assume Sunday as in around the time of the Sunday services. Would be the first Sunday after Tom's Myspace became a hit, currently with nearly 53000 hits, and a daily song play of over 2000. Robert Prizeman must be truly proud of Tom assuming he already knew that Tom has a Myspace page.

And regarding Youtube: it definitely has an advantage over Myspace when it comes to wider access. You can embed a Youtube video to almost anywhere (Facebook, blog, website) and plenty of chance to receive a hit from other videos as part of the "related videos" feature. There's more chance of it becoming viral.

For streaming your own music though, I believe Myspace has an advantage. Myspace music is definitely lighter compared a YT video.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:Baby baby baby oh... My baby baby baby no... :) Hehe... :lol:

Not really a fan of Justin Bieber's music, but I hear that song a lot. So without a doubt it's a hit and he's a hit. But if all goes well and also depending on what Tom really wants to do with his life, Tom's music and voice will probably stand the test of time more than Justin's. But it's like comparing apples to oranges here... a matter of preference.

Ben Crawley wrote a comment to congratulate Tom:
Tom Tom Tom - or should I say T dot!

Just found this - its really great! Sorry its taken so long - but this is really really great! We'll talk about it on sunday. But I love it.

I'm just welling up with pride!
And how have you had so many hits!!!

word. B x
I assume Sunday as in around the time of the Sunday services. Would be the first Sunday after Tom's Myspace became a hit, currently with nearly 53000 hits, and a daily song play of over 2000. Robert Prizeman must be truly proud of Tom assuming he already knew that Tom has a Myspace page.

And regarding Youtube: it definitely has an advantage over Myspace when it comes to wider access. You can embed a Youtube video to almost anywhere (Facebook, blog, website) and plenty of chance to receive a hit from other videos as part of the "related videos" feature. There's more chance of it becoming viral.

For streaming your own music though, I believe Myspace has an advantage. Myspace music is definitely lighter compared a YT video.
Myspace is dead tho. Thats the problem with Myspace. Nobody uses it now. Youtube is where all the action is at but guessing Tom is just starting out so it does not matter. Even Justin started out on youtube 3/4 years ago as Myspace is not the popular at all now its all about facebook.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera blog

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Part two of their US Tour blog has been published http://www.libera.org.uk/blog/usa_tour_2011_part_two" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez