Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Do you think that we could just ask him if we ran into him at the Epsom show? Or would that be too intrusive?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

maartendas wrote:Do you think that we could just ask him if we ran into him at the Epsom show? Or would that be too intrusive?
The concert is 36 days away, so I hope we'll know if this page is real before then. If not, asking him seems like a very nice idea. As long as he doesn't look like he's too busy working. If Lexi were there, she'd do it. She's not shy. :D

Lauren
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yep, i'm inclinded to agree with you all. I can't fathom the name change unless it's somebody pretending to be Tom. Hopefully clarification will be reached soon.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Bad news. Mrs. Guzman just wrote to Lexi's blog. I don't know if she's right, but she's dealt with this guy before, and this is what she said.

"hello lexi. been a while. have something important to say. pls. delete this portion about thomas cully and "reverbnation". the person who put up that page is none other than _________, the guy pestering tom in all the sites tom has been to. we just discovered it tonight when he made the mistake of writing a comment for another libera fan. and please, take extra care of your miniangels site as ______ gets all his infos on different libera blogsites. pls. sound this off - that thomas cully on reverbnation is a fake. thank you. i signed up on that site this afternoon. i left a comment on my page for ______ to read after which i will deactivate. my regards."

I deleted the guy's name cause I don't want to give him the satisfaction or free advertising. I REALLY hate drama like this. Wish everyone could just be normal, but this guy from the Philippines is so messed up.

Lauren
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Its a shame that this is happening. And this is exactly why Tom would of taken down his myspace. Due to the fact some fans are just plan freaks. At the end of the day he is 16 and should not have to deal with this.

And then it ruins it for everybody. Sometimes i just think the fan base needs to take a big breath and a step back.

The people who try and add the boys on facebook , contact them when they post personal videos on youtube. Just leave them alone away from Libera. Its too intrusive as they are kids.

I can remember when people posted the Tom Cully Brit video he had done for homework or something and within 20 mins tons of comments, just shows a complete lack of privacy and didnt take into account Tom's feelings or anybody else in involved.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yep, it is a shame all right but unfortunately most 'fans' are giddy kids with no self-restraint or deluded fantasists (being polite). I take it this mentally ill stalker is the same guy who caused problems on their last trip to the 'pines?

Thing is, perhaps now we get some idea of why Libera is very cautious about shielding the boys in the UK. It's wonderful to get the pop star treatment in the Far East but at home it is surely important to keep things normal so that the boys can be ordinary kids. dropping meet and greats might be their attempt to shield them and keep their feet on the ground.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I was taken in by this guy :shock:

I left a comment saying how I liked his music.

More fool me :oops:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:Yep, it is a shame all right but unfortunately most 'fans' are giddy kids with no self-restraint or deluded fantasists (being polite). I take it this mentally ill stalker is the same guy who caused problems on their last trip to the 'pines?

Thing is, perhaps now we get some idea of why Libera is very cautious about shielding the boys in the UK. It's wonderful to get the pop star treatment in the Far East but at home it is surely important to keep things normal so that the boys can be ordinary kids. dropping meet and greats might be their attempt to shield them and keep their feet on the ground.
But in this country they are not kids. And even in Japan they dont look that young. Late Teens , early 20's but no such excuse here as we have all been to uk concerts and its mostly older middle aged men.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

It's OK, Paul. I just posted instructions on Lexi's blog on how to delete your e-mail and fan profile from this guy's site. Scary thing is, someone named "Anonymous" (probably this same guy) sent a message to Lexi saying, "I think it is the real Tom Cully" and trying to persuade her why. Like Mrs. Guzman said, he trolls the Libera blogs and I'm sure even this forum. Makes me very suspicious of that last guy who wrote on this forum that the new Facebook page was the real thing. I don't like someone manipulating my kid.

And Yorkie, this is no giddy kid. He's a grown man. Not from the UK, but from the Philippines.

Lauren
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I dont normally get involved in this sort of thing but this has made me really angry!!

I cant believe how selfish and manipulative some people can be, Tom is a 16 year old kid, why the hell should he have to deal with people ruining things for him so much?! no wonder he took everything off myspace and is so reluctant to talk about his music or even have pics taken with him at concerts etc when he can pretty much guarentee at the mo that whatever he does will be exploited?

also, for us fans who actually just want to hear his music, it ruins everything for us. I love toms music, its really relaxing and different - i havnt found another artist who does music like his and I miss being able to just log on to myspace and listen to his fantastic voice!

So thanks to the complete idiot who has ruined this for us, but more importantly, Tom.

Sorry, rant over...
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Yep, it is a shame all right but unfortunately most 'fans' are giddy kids with no self-restraint or deluded fantasists (being polite). I take it this mentally ill stalker is the same guy who caused problems on their last trip to the 'pines?

But in this country they are not kids. And even in Japan they don't look that young. Late Teens , early 20's but no such excuse here as we have all been to uk concerts and its mostly older middle aged men.
Sorry, didn't make myself clear.

I'm not saying that it is kids as fans in this country that prevent meet and greets, just that many of their fans in other places can be impetuous.

What I was trying to say is that the fan worship can be a bit intense on tour. I'm just wondering if they are trying to pull back from that in the UK to try and maintain some normality for the boys. just an idea, might not be right (and there are also lots of middle aged and older women in the concerts over here too. Plus you :wink: ).

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lexi wrote:And Yorkie, this is no giddy kid. He's a grown man. Not from the UK, but from the Philippines.

Lauren
I know, I had him in the deluded fantasist bracket :lol:

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:

But in this country they are not kids. And even in Japan they don't look that young. Late Teens , early 20's but no such excuse here as we have all been to uk concerts and its mostly older middle aged men.
Sorry, didn't make myself clear.

I'm not saying that it is kids as fans in this country that prevent meet and greets, just that many of their fans in other places can be impetuous.

What I was trying to say is that the fan worship can be a bit intense on tour. I'm just wondering if they are trying to pull back from that in the UK to try and maintain some normality for the boys. just an idea, might not be right (and there are also lots of middle aged and older women in the concerts over here too. Plus you :wink: ).
Somebody needs a slap lol :wink:

Oh and they would be the boys mums.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Lexi wrote:It's OK, Paul. I just posted instructions on Lexi's blog on how to delete your e-mail and fan profile from this guy's site. Scary thing is, someone named "Anonymous" (probably this same guy) sent a message to Lexi saying, "I think it is the real Tom Cully" and trying to persuade her why. Like Mrs. Guzman said, he trolls the Libera blogs and I'm sure even this forum. Makes me very suspicious of that last guy who wrote on this forum that the new Facebook page was the real thing. I don't like someone manipulating my kid.

And Yorkie, this is no giddy kid. He's a grown man. Not from the UK, but from the Philippines.

Lauren
Thanks,

I've deactivated my account, its sad, but i only ever listened to one of his tracks, and I realy liked it.

I would love him to continue releasing his music so we can hear it But people like this make it almost imposible for him.

Poor kid, give him a break you dirty rotten stalker :twisted:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
liberavieve

Post by liberavieve »

Poor Tom. (And, for that matter, poor Tom's Mum and Dad; I imagine they must be getting a bit disturbed by this point.)

I wonder if Stalker Man is among our ranks here...