Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Rebecca (: wrote:I was just looking at it, and it looks pretty real.. it has new songs, and some new pictures..
I don't agree with you, none of the photos is new.

This FB page is obviously 100% fake, for many reasons, on principle and on details.

For example, the real Tom would never have uploaded the private photo from the Cebu beach.

Even is avatar is ridiculous !
Its a very badly modified signature taken from the scan of the Belfast poster I have uploaded in 2009 on the french forum.

Look at the avatar the faker is using.
And look at the original signature from my Belfast poster.

The real Tom would never have bothered to badly reuse one of his own signature taken from an image online, he would have just made a new one :roll:

My conclusion is :
We should all stop talking about that fake FB page, it's giving too much pleasure to the impostor :?
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I'm very sorry everyone, I think I was just a little excited. I now see that this isn't his and I will stop talking about it. Sorry. :oops:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LOL, I find it quite funny actually....
labbie

Post by labbie »

I know that this may be prolonging the discussions in this topic, but I don't think that this is a matter to be taken lightly. I wonder if Tom is aware that someone is posting original songs by other artists uncredited on a Facebook page under his name, in effect passing the songs off as his own compositions. This could be considered a serious breach of copyright, and could have legal consequences if the original artists, such as McFly are aware of this. This is not Tom's fault, but as far as the original artists would be concerned, it is Tom Cully's name on the Facebook page. Hopefully, Tom has already been informed of this in order to protect his reputation and his career.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That McFly song does not even sound like Tom.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's just one of the many imposter facebook profiles attempting to pass themselves off as one of the Libera boys. Tom already has his own facebook page which thankfully he keeps as private.

Eventually when he's ready he will go public with an official fan page to promote his talent. Until then let's just be thankfull that no matter how dreary and dull our lives are sometimes, we'll never be as sad and pathetic as these imposters.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Perhaps the thread should be renamed 'Tom Cully sings on REVERBNATION'

Looks genuine, the profile pics are bigger and better quality than he posted on myspace. I was a little reluctant to post the link but then....

a) it would have been found eventually as it's a public profile

b) there could be better potential for him to sell his music on this site, as the reverb store is free to setup and they only take a flat fee on all sales. If he does plan to sell his music in the future, I'm sure he'll want as much exposure and visitors as possible.

c) His current chart position is No. 1989 (very early days) but I'm sure he can count on his 'Libera' fans to provide that instant boost ;)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I actualy like his song:

Until The End Of Time "Cover"

Think his voice sounds good.

Ive become a fan and given him a thumbs up
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yep, I've liked most of his songs. My favourite was his 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' cover. Hope everything works out well for him.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:My favourite was his 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' cover.
The same for me.
To my opinion his cover of "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" is even better than the original ! :)

I hope he will bring it online again soon ;)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:My favourite was his 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' cover.
The same for me.
To my opinion his cover of "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" is even better than the original ! :)

I hope he will bring it online again soon ;)
Love that cover as well. Its the best cover of that song that I've heard. For his originals I like Getting Over You.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Perhaps the thread should be renamed 'Tom Cully sings on REVERBNATION'

Looks genuine, the profile pics are bigger and better quality than he posted on myspace. I was a little reluctant to post the link but then....

a) it would have been found eventually as it's a public profile

b) there could be better potential for him to sell his music on this site, as the reverb store is free to setup and they only take a flat fee on all sales. If he does plan to sell his music in the future, I'm sure he'll want as much exposure and visitors as possible.

c) His current chart position is No. 1989 (very early days) but I'm sure he can count on his 'Libera' fans to provide that instant boost ;)
When I follow the link the page says 'Artist not found' :(
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

maartendas wrote:When I follow the link the page says 'Artist not found' :(
Seems now to be Tim Kelly ??

Somebody's playing games here, but the question is, is it Tom that's having a few laughs or somebody pretending to be him? Slow Dancing.... as been uploaded but we won't know the real authenticity of the page until a new song is uploaded with his voice. All these tracks could have been copied from his mypace.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
maartendas wrote:When I follow the link the page says 'Artist not found' :(
Seems now to be Tim Kelly ??

Somebody's playing games here, but the question is, is it Tom that's having a few laughs or somebody pretending to be him? Slow Dancing.... as been uploaded but we won't know the real authenticity the page until a new song is uploaded with his voice. All these tracks could have been copied from his mypace.
I think it was fake and that's why its gone. His intentions were good with his original site, I just hope it doesn't end up costing him in the long run.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

I agree. If he uploads a NEW song, then we can tell that it's the real Tom. Not sure why he would change his name to Tim Kelly. Maybe he'll change it back when he feels like his page is the way he wants it. He already has 23 fans. A few hours ago he had 4. And his chart position went from 1989 to 546 already! :shock:

Hope it's the real Tom. :?