Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

symphonica7 wrote:Why dont you message him and find out??????
Because no impostor will say "No, this is not Tom Cully. I'm just a pathetic impostor."

Anyway, I'm not so sure if this is an authentic page. Tom's MySpace certainly didn't have anything that was Libera-related. I got an impression that he wanted to share his style of music. Seems peculiar to me why all of the sudden he'll post all the Libera stuff.
Last edited by dearmadine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I think Youtube is the way to go if you want to promote your music without having your private, personal pictures being distributed on the internet. You can then put up a blog and embed your YT videos if you want to say something about it. It also has comments if you want to receive feedback. And view count, if you want to track the stats of your songs, and find out which are hits and which are misses.

If you use a social network site, even if you don't upload your own pictures your personal friends (that is to say, friends that you actually interact with in the real world) might tag you (if it has such tagging mechanism). If you care about your privacy, it's still best to reserve social networks to your personal friends.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

dearmadine wrote:
Because no impostor will say "No, this is not Tom Cully. I'm just a pathetic impostor."

Anyway, I'm not so sure if this is an authentic page. Tom's MySpace certainly didn't have anything that was Libera-related. I got an impression that he wanted to share his style of music. Seems peculiar to me why all of the sudden he'll post all the Libera stuff.
Yes... Also, someone I know who knows Tom in real life said that she mentioned Libera to him and he got all embarresed and covered her mouth so no one would here... I don't think he really want's his new career mixed with Libera, as it seems.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

dearmadine wrote:The untitled song is called Five Colours in Her Hair by McFly.
I have no idea what Tim Kelly is.
The one that is in the middle of the 3 songs is 21 Guns, not sure about the first one though.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Rebecca (: wrote:Yes... Also, someone I know who knows Tom in real life said that she mentioned Libera to him and he got all embarresed and covered her mouth so no one would here... I don't think he really want's his new career mixed with Libera, as it seems.
I don't see why he (or any other former Libera) would be embarrassed of his Libera past. It's not something to be embarrassed about. He's certainly still involved with Libera (behind the scenes) and I've heard he's in the men's section of the choir now. If he chooses to promote Libera now, it doesn't seem to be something a former Libera member wouldn't do.

That said, the authenticity of that FB page still remains to be seen. Time will tell... He didn't attribute the newly uploaded music to himself so it's not an evidence to the page's non-authenticity.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

phlibera wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Yes... Also, someone I know who knows Tom in real life said that she mentioned Libera to him and he got all embarresed and covered her mouth so no one would here... I don't think he really want's his new career mixed with Libera, as it seems.
I don't see why he (or any other former Libera) would be embarrassed of his Libera past. It's not something to be embarrassed about. He's certainly still involved with Libera (behind the scenes) and I've heard he's in the men's section of the choir now. If he chooses to promote Libera now, it doesn't seem to be something a former Libera member wouldn't do.

That said, the authenticity of that FB page still remains to be seen. Time will tell... He didn't attribute the newly uploaded music to himself so it's not an evidence to the page's non-authenticity.
Well, this was at a place with a lot of his friends, apparantly, so I'm not sure.. I do know that if I was a former Libera member I wouldn't be ashamed of it, I'd be proud.

I think we'll find out soon enough, but for now we still have his 3 songs that are on youtube to enjoy.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Rebecca (: wrote:I think we'll find out soon enough, but for now we still have his 3 songs that are on youtube to enjoy.
I didn't know he has 3 songs on Youtube! Why didn't I know of this? Hehe... Which songs?

Have you listened to the first of the 3 songs "Test by Test"? Hehe... Those low notes and high notes. Crazy. It could be him. Maybe that's how he really sounds now using a more professional recording equipment? In his school maybe?
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

phlibera wrote:

I think Tom wants to keep his popularity with Libera low profile. As it was mentioned in SoP special, most of his friends don't know about his Libera activity or places he's been to. That tells me that he wants to keep it down. Not because he is actually embarrassed of Libera or thinking Libera is "uncool" but in a humble "I was a soloist in Libera but that doesn't make me a hot shot in real life" way.

I'm sure he is proud of his achievement in Libera and cherish the experience. That's why he's now working as a backstage staff :)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Okay, Tom Cully or not, I love "Test by Test". :lol: :lol: Now I want to know the real title of that song and who sang it originally. :)
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

phlibera wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:I think we'll find out soon enough, but for now we still have his 3 songs that are on youtube to enjoy.
I didn't know he has 3 songs on Youtube! Why didn't I know of this? Hehe... Which songs?

Have you listened to the first of the 3 songs "Test by Test"? Hehe... Those low notes and high notes. Crazy. It could be him. Maybe that's how he really sounds now using a more professional recording equipment? In his school maybe?
Right Through These Rings, Cashmere, and a cover of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, he didn't post them, fans did, but they are really him!

I sure have.. the second one used to be one of my favorite songs actually :p The more I listen to these new songs, compared to his old ones the more confused I get.. at times it sounds like him a tad bit, but at other times not at all.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Rebecca (: wrote:Right Through These Rings, Cashmere, and a cover of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, he didn't post them, fans did, but they are really him!

I sure have.. the second one used to be one of my favorite songs actually :p The more I listen to these new songs, compared to his old ones the more confused I get.. at times it sounds like him a tad bit, but at other times not at all.
Thanks! No "Getting Over You", then? That was my favorite.

"at times it sounds like him a tad bit"
I know, right? Crazy, crazy. It's a crazy day today. Hehe... I keep on replaying "Test by Test". :lol: :lol:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

phlibera wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Right Through These Rings, Cashmere, and a cover of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, he didn't post them, fans did, but they are really him!

Thanks! No "Getting Over You", then? That was my favorite.

"at times it sounds like him a tad bit"
I know, right? Crazy, crazy. It's a crazy day today. Hehe... I keep on replaying "Test by Test". :lol: :lol:
Not that I know of, but yeah, I liked that one too!

Yep.. Same here! :roll: It's a catchy song..

Note: Whoever it is is up at this time, which is 5:00 am in London, and something tells me a 16 year old boy would not be up then on a weekend. They just changed their profile picture to a signiture.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

And the winner is Robert Jerome, the song is "Broken-Hearted Love Song".

[youtube][/youtube]
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

dearmadine wrote:

LOL......you had me rolling on that one...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It's fake. I'm the real Tom Cully.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love