Unknown mini-boy

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Unknown mini-boy

Post by dani »

I just saw somebody posted this image and does anybody know the little kid in front of Isaac as I have no idea.

https://ibb.co/ekOamQ
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Humm... perhaps a young Victor W, from 1 or 2 years ago ?

I have also a doubt about the one at the left of Isaac.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 4:11 pm">6 years ago</span> I have also a doubt about the one at the left of Isaac.
Ciaran.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, you are right, it's him, likely from 2 years ago or even more !
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 4:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Humm... perhaps a young Victor W, from 1 or 2 years ago ?

I have also a doubt about the one at the left of Isaac.

I would of said he would be too young to be Victor as that would of made him about 6 when the photo was taken.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm">6 years ago</span> I just saw somebody posted this image and does anybody know the little kid in front of Isaac as I have no idea.

When in doubt it is usually Alex G - but I think it might be mini-boy Tom who went to Ireland for the "Wonderful World" video shoot but didn't make the final cut. He sang at the St.Philip's services for a short period but never in a concert as far as I can recall. He can be seen in the attached picture standing in front of Ciaran.
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 1.41.50 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 1.41.50 PM.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 9684 times
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 1.41.50 PM.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 9684 times
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That's a wonderful bit of detective work and the face matches :)

Makes sense as well as Isaac and Ciaran were about that age then as well by the look of wonderful world.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm">6 years ago</span> I just saw somebody posted this image and does anybody know the little kid in front of Isaac as I have no idea.

When in doubt it is usually Alex G - but I think it might be mini-boy Tom who went to Ireland for the "Wonderful World" video shoot but didn't make the final cut. He sang at the St.Philip's services for a short period but never in a concert as far as I can recall. He can be seen in the attached picture standing in front of Ciaran.
You all know I don't like to be a pedant ( :lol: ) but wasn't 'Wonderful World' filmed in Yorkshire? I think the video in Ireland that involved a boat was for 'America the Beautiful'
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:11 pm">6 years ago</span>
john45 wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 pm">6 years ago</span>

You all know I don't like to be a pedant ( :lol: ) but wasn't 'Wonderful World' filmed in Yorkshire? I think the video in Ireland that involved a boat was for 'America the Beautiful'
OK Pedant. Wait until you start getting senior moments. Correction (with further research) follows:

When in doubt it is usually Alex G - but I think it might be mini-boy Tom Cooper who went to Ireland for the "America" video shoot but didn't make the final cut. He sang at the St.Philip's services for a short period and was a junior at the Concert by Candlelight at St. John's, Upper Norwood in December 2014. He can be seen in the attached picture standing in front of Ciaran.
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 1.41.50 PM.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 9662 times
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 1.41.50 PM.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 9662 times
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Ciaran could be recognised very well in that Angel video of 2015.

I watched it again and was wondering if the boy in front could also be Gabe? But Gabe has more hair, I think. Hm. His height in comparison with Isaac's could fit.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Here's another shot of Tom Cooper - blonde boy on the right -(stolen from Libera Passion)
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 2.33.59 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 2.33.59 PM.png (561.87 KiB) Viewed 9655 times
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 2.33.59 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 2.33.59 PM.png (561.87 KiB) Viewed 9655 times
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm">6 years ago</span> Here's another shot of Tom Cooper - blonde boy on the right -(stolen from Libera Passion)
That's definitely him in that Japan promo cut out :)

Thank you for solving the mystery:)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I only had time today to read Yorkie's wonderful review, and did not have a chance to see the discussion about the cardboard cutout until just now. So I wanted to reply to that. I can't believe that they have such elaborate promotional material for Japanese fans :o
dani wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 pm">6 years ago</span>
john45 wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm">6 years ago</span> Here's another shot of Tom Cooper - blonde boy on the right -(stolen from Libera Passion)
That's definitely him in that Japan promo cut out :)

Thank you for solving the mystery:)
I do not believe that we have solved it to be honest.

I am 100% sure that it is not the same chorister. I'm no expert but I am usually good at facial identification and I like a good challenge. After looking at these photos, I can tell you that is absolutely not the same chorister and I would be willing to put that up to a wager.....assuming there was a way to do that :lol: :wink: . For instance, the face of the boy on the cardboard sign is wider than the kid in the America video, his hair falls in the opposite direction and is thinner.

Given that the photos of the choristers we actually do know (Isaac and Ciaran) are not current, I would bet the bank that this is a chorister who was a mini-boy prior and has since, for reasons unknown, left the group. But it is certainly not Tom Cooper.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:28 pm">6 years ago</span> I watched it again and was wondering if the boy in front could also be Gabe? But Gabe has more hair, I think. Hm. His height in comparison with Isaac's could fit.
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 am">6 years ago</span> I do not believe that we have solved it to be honest.

I am 100% sure that it is not the same chorister. I'm no expert but I am usually good at facial identification and I like a good challenge. After looking at these photos, I can tell you that is absolutely not the same chorister and I would be willing to put that up to a wager.....assuming there was a way to do that . For instance, the face of the boy on the cardboard sign is wider than the kid in the America video, his hair falls in the opposite direction and is thinner.

Given that the photos of the choristers we actually do know (Isaac and Ciaran) are not current, I would bet the bank that this is a chorister who was a mini-boy prior and has since, for reasons unknown, left the group. But it is certainly not Tom Cooper.
That's what I am thinking all the time: the boy's face on the picture is wider (his hair on the other side, yes, but it could change from time to time). So, I'd like to talk about Gabe Collins once more or, as we would say, "throw his name in the ring" (I don't know if this expression exists in English). As to his hair, it's different from time to time.

I searched for a picture and found this one:

Gabe Collins Twitter Sakura - unbekannt.JPG
Gabe Collins Twitter Sakura - unbekannt.JPG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 9625 times
Gabe Collins Twitter Sakura - unbekannt.JPG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 9625 times

I might be wrong, however, I find Gabe much more similar to the unknown boy than Tom Cooper. :)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 9:14 am">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu May 11, 2017 6:28 pm">6 years ago</span> I watched it again and was wondering if the boy in front could also be Gabe? But Gabe has more hair, I think. Hm. His height in comparison with Isaac's could fit.
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 am">6 years ago</span> I do not believe that we have solved it to be honest.

I am 100% sure that it is not the same chorister. I'm no expert but I am usually good at facial identification and I like a good challenge. After looking at these photos, I can tell you that is absolutely not the same chorister and I would be willing to put that up to a wager.....assuming there was a way to do that . For instance, the face of the boy on the cardboard sign is wider than the kid in the America video, his hair falls in the opposite direction and is thinner.

That's what I am thinking all the time: the boy's face on the picture is wider (his hair on the other side, yes, but it could change from time to time). So, I'd like to talk about Gabe Collins once more or, as we would say, "throw his name in the ring" (I don't know if this expression exists in English). As to his hair, it's different from time to time.

I searched for a picture and found this one:

I might be wrong, however, I find Gabe much more similar to the unknown boy than Tom Cooper. :)
I was looking for a while at all the pictures and in my opinion the unknown boy is neither Tom Cooper nor Gabe Collins. There are actually at least two features, which do not allow for recognizing either Tom or Gabe in this case:
1. The unknown boy's face is round while both the Tom's and Gabe's faces are rather more longitudinal (if this is the correct word). Compare the face width with the face height for all the boys.
2. The unknown boy has a much wider nose. The nose width compared to the overall face width is significantly bigger for the unknown boy than that of Tom or Gabe.

So, I rather agree with Surpinto's opinion, that the unknown boy might be a former mini-boy who did not become a regular member eventually.
Well, of course I may be wrong but I tried to take an objective approach to solving the matter :wink:
Last edited by andmar on Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.