Libera safety ?

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: Libera safety ?

Post by hiskeys »

I must admit I posted something that fit this category. I don't believe it was the first post, so perhaps I didn't stop to think about the appropriateness of it. Perhaps we're just glad to see Libera members excel and succeed, and are able to appreciate even more their dedication when we become aware of their other commitments and accomplishments.

On one hand, I feel a little horrible, since it's the last thing a Libera fan wants to do is to cause them any difficulty. On the other hand, I'm glad it was caught, and I suppose the 'Libera-related' or 'non-Libera-related' distinction is probably the best and simplest directive for me. My apologies to the blog and to Libera.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

hiskeys wrote:I must admit I posted something that fit this category. I don't believe it was the first post, so perhaps I didn't stop to think about the appropriateness of it. Perhaps we're just glad to see Libera members excel and succeed, and are able to appreciate even more their dedication when we become aware of their other commitments and accomplishments.

On one hand, I feel a little horrible, since it's the last thing a Libera fan wants to do is to cause them any difficulty. On the other hand, I'm glad it was caught, and I suppose the 'Libera-related' or 'non-Libera-related' distinction is probably the best and simplest directive for me. My apologies to the blog and to Libera.
Please don't worry - we all have at some point. I once dropped one of the boys in it by mentioning that his Facebook account was open and listed his school. Within hours the account was deleted - not just locked for friends only - and I still feel guilty to this day.

We move forward and hopefully learn from the past.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I would be very sorry if we had to eliminate the "Members" section of the board.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

a recent post on yahoo group may shed more light on the issue
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Jimmy i just read that post and it was weird as he kept mention 'patricks' when its not called that but unfortunately some people do ruin it for the rest . I think that is why there is not more events in the UK due to the weirdo's you get at a concert here .

I have seen some very odd behavior at nearly every concert i have gone to and the people involved have always been middle aged/old men which they simply don't get in places like Japan and Korea . I have heard things have also happened at the church going back some years as well .

I have been to the church for specific occasions but i am very respectful of the fact its a church and i am not watching Libera. I went to one event and people started to clap which did not go down well at all and people seemed confused that it was not welcomed and was not appropriate in a church setting .I would never dream of going week in and week out as i am not religious and it would be inappropriate to but everybody is different.

The mind boggles that some people have no concept of personal boundaries and ruin what is otherwise a enjoyable experience!!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hmmm..... I wonder about the story. If he was a fan of Libera and had just visited St. Phillips to hear them you'd think he'd remember the name of the church correctly.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

As a new fan I'm sorry to say this is something that does concern me. In some meet and greet fan videos on YouTube there are occasions where some of the boys do look uncomfortable with blokes shoving cameras in their faces.

To be honest I'm not even sure they should be routinely publishing the boys' surnames.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Perhaps that came over a bit critical. Clearly the boys like receiving appreciation from their audience and its a good thing they get to receive compliments from their fans. I am sure it is a difficult job balancing promotion with the desire to protect their privacy.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

j8000 wrote: Perhaps that came over a bit critical. Clearly the boys like receiving appreciation from their audience and its a good thing they get to receive compliments from their fans. I am sure it is a difficult job balancing promotion with the desire to protect their privacy.
I think that, as a whole, the fan community is much more conscientious about the boys' privacy. I certainly haven't *seen* the amount of, shall we say, fan-girling, that used to surround a few of the boys. I like to think that the community is in a healthier place.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

j8000 wrote:I am sure it is a difficult job balancing promotion with the desire to protect their privacy.
Which, if you've been to a M&G/Signing or seen one on YouTube, is why the Chaperones hover over the boys during these events. For good reason. Some fans, as mentioned earlier, don't seem understand personal boundaries.:(