Thomas Delgado-Little

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Thomas Delgado-Little

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote:Glyndebourne ‏@glyndebourne Nov 28
Toi x3 to our Turn of the Screw company for their last Tour performance @TRPlymouth tonight. @AJGregory_tenor @Mirandakeys @Natalya_Romaniw
0 replies 5 retweets 4 favorites

Moose Fan ‏@Libera_rule_ok Nov 29
@glyndebourne Thanks to brilliant cast and orchestra. Will there be a DVD?
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

Glyndebourne ‏@glyndebourne 5h5 hours ago
@Libera_rule_ok Not of this cast but the production was filmed in 2011 and that is available on DVD. http://ow.ly/F88Fm
Well doesn't that just beat all? From the previous links to the clips it seemed as though they were professionally recording this production. What a shame. I guess it makes it all the more special for those that saw it live.

Sorry TullyBascombe :(
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Looks like another impressive assignment for Thomas...

http://www.vivacechorus.org/v/event/g-l ... min-little

...with treble Thomas Delgado-Little singing ‘O for the wings of a dove’, described by major opera critics as having " an angelic treble" and "the true star of the show", for his performances on the 2014 Glyndebourne Tour
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Looks like another impressive assignment for Thomas...

...with treble Thomas Delgado-Little singing ‘O for the wings of a dove’, described by major opera critics as having " an angelic treble" and "the true star of the show", for his performances on the 2014 Glyndebourne Tour
Drat, I don't think I can make that and it looks incredible :(
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Looks like another impressive assignment for Thomas...

Drat, I don't think I can make that and it looks incredible :(
Got my ticket!
Let me know if you change your mind.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I just booked mine :)
Yorkie, any hope that you can arrange your schedule and join us ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

No doubt everyone is familiar with what is perhaps Mendelssohn’s most famous melody, the charmingly lyrical “O For the Wings of a Dove”. Tonight Guildford was treated to the much longer full version of “Hear my Prayer” from which that delightful piece comes. And what a treat it was with Tom singing the treble solo accompanied by the Vivace Chorus. It is not an easy piece but with his usual confidence Tom made it seem effortless, his crystal clear voice soaring into the high notes with such ease and accuracy. A wonderful and flawless performance much appreciated by the audience.
Thank you Tom.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Good to know he's still in top-treble form, thanks for the report John.

Y Liu @jubilate1986 posted a pic from the program on her twitter feed
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Here's a review of Tom's latest performance.

"Hear My Prayer formed the first contribution to the evening of Guildford’s Vivace Chorus, here sounding dramatic and disciplined in the choral interjections of this famous anthem. The use of Mendelssohn’s own orchestration of the piece served to reinforce the power of the original work, although this occasionally threatened to drown out the treble soloist. This was not helped by G Live’s particularly dry and distant acoustic, which provides very little support for voices whilst boosting the middle register of the orchestra. Despite this, Thomas Delgado-Little gave a solid account of the piece, singing with exemplary intonation and tone, especially in the higher register of his voice."
Roy Rashbrook
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Sadly no TDL, but a nice “in concert” performance of TOTS by the Aurora Orchestra with sub Joshua Kenney as Miles at Snape Maltings tonight. Difficult to compare with a “theatrical” performance but I don’t think Tom’s performance which “stole the show” last year will ever be matched. Perhaps we’ll get to hear Tom as Peter Quint in the not too distant future.
bilter panjaitan

Thomas Delgado Little

Post by bilter panjaitan »

Where is Thomas? I didn't see him in concert lately
TimS_TheToolman

Re: Thomas Delgado Little

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

bilter panjaitan wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 am">7 years ago</span> Where is Thomas? I didn't see him in concert lately
Given the length of time that TDL has been absent from concerts, I think it would be safe to say that he has left Libera.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Thomas Delgado-Little??

Post by Mercurial909 »

DELETED COMMENT
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john45
Gold Member

Re: Thomas Delgado-Little??

Post by john45 »

Tom was not present at either Ely concert. His last Libera performance was in August 2015 at the tour's single concert at Universal Studios in Osaka. His voice changed (“broke”) around that time and his performances as Miles in Britten’s “Turn of the Screw” scheduled to take place at the Aldeburgh Festival in October and in London later that year were cancelled. I was disappointed that he did not return to Libera as a back row tenor or bass when his voice had stabilized but such is not unusual.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Re: Thomas Delgado-Little??

Post by Mercurial909 »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:24 pm">3 years ago</span> Tom was not present at either Ely concert. His last Libera performance was in August 2015 at the tour's single concert at Universal Studios in Osaka. His voice changed (“broke”) around that time and his performances as Miles in Britten’s “Turn of the Screw” scheduled to take place at the Aldeburgh Festival in October and in London later that year were cancelled. I was disappointed that he did not return to Libera as a back row tenor or bass when his voice had stabilized but such is not unusual.
Tom’s stint as Miles in Turn of the Screw was the year before, but he was only involved in the London shows. But you’re right, they never went to Ely in 2015, they went to Exeter instead and you can see Tom to the left on the stage not seeming terribly happy.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

For the record, Tom played Miles in the Glyndebourne tour production of TOTS in 2014; eight performances in all - none in London. Earlier that year he had played the young Paris in the English Touring Opera's production Tippet's "King Priam" at the Royal Opera House Linbury Theatre, but did not participate in the subsequent tour.