New Old News

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

New Old News

Post by tom413 »

Christmas 2011 isn't all that recent, but I've never seen this news reported elsewhere apart from the Streatham Guardian.

Brixton pupil wins Lambeth Christmas card competition

A card designed by a 10-year-old will be dropping through the letter boxes of the borough’s community leaders.
Dylan Duffy’s festive scene will be seen by MPs, community leaders, faith representatives and business leaders after being chosen as Lambeth’s official Christmas card for 2011 from among entries from Dylan’s Year 6 classmates.

Leader of Lambeth Council, Councillor Steve Reed, visited Dylan's school on Thursday morning to watch the nativity play and meet Dylan to thank him and present him with a small prize.
Dylan said: “I thought this picture would look good on the front of a Christmas card and I was really pleased, excited and amazed when I found out that I had won the competition. I’m looking forward to Christmas and I’m hoping for snow and lots of presents.”
Coun Reed said: “Dylan’s card is fantastic and I’m really grateful to him for allowing me to use it as Lambeth’s official Christmas card this year. He’s clearly a really talented young artist and I was pleased to be able to thank him in person.”
Dylan received a prize of a free leisure card for use at Lambeth Leisure Centres, including for him and all his family for a whole year.

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: New Old News

Post by maartendas »

How cool :) He reminds me of me, I used to draw a lot too when I was his age.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
catherine

Re: New Old News

Post by catherine »

excellent :D