current age structure of the boys

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Yorkie wrote:I'll eat my hat if all 6 of those 15 and 16 year olds make an appearance at Epsom.
Yeah all 6 of them would be a lot. I am guessing that maybe Sam, JB and Ben would be there though. Sam and JB because they have younger siblings in the choir, and Ben because he's one of the younger members of the back row. But Tiernan also sings in the back row, so...that is a lot of lower voices. Plus Daniel. Has his voice broken yet?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I don't have any info on Daniel, nor have I heard any rumours. It is perfectly possible that his voice has yet to change but obviously it would be at the later end of the normal scale. I have to say I'm hoping for our sakes that it hasn't and we get another chance to hear him sing (but for Daniel's sake I rather hope it has - being a 15 year old with an unbroken voice could be tough).

I think the older boys have major exams coming up this year too so they probably need to put time in to preparing for those.....
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Nicki wrote:Back in December when James and Daniel were on the radio, Daniel's voice sounded a lot deeper to me. It's probably significantly changed by now, but I guess you'll find out on Friday
about Daniel
http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... 6942#26942
Nicki wrote:I'm not sure, but I have a feeling most of the older boys might be there.
I am really curious about that & also really curious about new little soloists, maybe Luke, maybe Kavana, maybe Matthew Rangel - I hope it for him!
Maybe we can see Cassius on his first duet.
I'll take opera glasses or binoculars with me to see the faces of the soloists better :D
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

I sort of wish they did what some other choirs do - have a special mens section to sing the lower parts. Even if it's just for a select few songs to have them come on. That way, even after voice breaks, they're still singing will the choir, albeit not to the extent as the younger boys.