The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Post by andmar »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm">6 years ago</span> It’s our tomorrow so we shall soon know who is right.
Actually, tomorrow has already started in Japan :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe the song is now available for purchase on Japanese sites
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:24 pm">6 years ago</span> Really nice song, wish they would have an english version too.
I like songs in different languages, so I'll be happy about them singing in Chinese. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

My vote is for a new version too - they didn't record the show professionally in Taiwan so I reckon any recording that they have from that tour will not meet the Libera high standard for public sale.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Your conclusion may be a bit aventurous :lol:
The video was broadcast on Taiwanese TV channels days before libera arrived there. It was definitively NOT recorded in Taiwan, in a snap, like you seem to think, but in UK without any doubt about it :)

For the time to shoot the video and to produce it, it means the song was probably recorded at least one or two months before the tour starts. What would have prevented them to give that recording the same professional quality as they are used to do ? :wink:
chris17

Post by chris17 »

It's available on iTunes in the US. :D It's a new recording, going by the solo. Not sure who the soloist is, but he sounds fairly young to me. I don't think it's anyone who was a soloist on the Hope album.

The downside of it being a new recording is that it seems less likely they'll release the music video they recorded. But you never know, I guess.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

A beautiful song indeed. And this is a new recording :D .
I have no idea who the soloist might be. I wish Libera published information like that as well as the recording date (or year at least).

It was a bit confusing for me to buy the song, as I don't use iTunes and Amazon wasn't satisfied with my Polish credit card as a payment method (although I could purchase physical CDs from them before). This is strange. I tried Amazon UK, Germany (which is also supposed to support customers from Poland) and US - neither worked for me.

Luckily, the song is also available on Google Play, so I could get it from there. :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I've just listened to it for the very first time, and I love it. One of those very gentle songs, full of melody and flowing like a river. Wonderful! :D

The soloist ... hm ... could it be Romeo? He did a very sweet solo at last year's concert in St. George's, that part at the end of Carol of the Bells. He would be able. Is he on tour?
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I've just downloaded from Amazon - the first music I've ever downloaded! My Wife is Chinese born and she tells me that the boys diction and sound in Chinese is perfect. She tells me that this song is usually only sung by female singers in China and this is the first time she has heard a male version, albeit by boys. She says that this production lends much to the song and that she absolutely loves this version :) . Now, will it get airing at a UK concert so we can experience it live I wonder - probably not but no harm in wishing :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am">6 years ago</span> The soloist ... hm ... could it be Romeo?
I thought about Romeo at the very first listening to the song too, to be honest. But this was only a tiny feeling, nothing supported by any knowledge or study. :? :)
I think it could be Romeo. I'm sure there is a bright future in Libera ahead of him.

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am">6 years ago</span> Now, will it get airing at a UK concert so we can experience it live I wonder - probably not but no harm in wishing
I think and hope very much, the chances are bigger than zero. Libera used to sing some songs sometimes, which were prepared for tours only, during their "home" concerts too (Bayan Ko, Arirang)
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

I just listened to the new release on Spotify, my first impressions have been good in every way! An amazing choral interpretation of a classic Chinese song, most famously sung by Teresa Deng. I'm going to buy the song as soon as possible. :D

My first language is Chinese, and I can certainly say that their pronunciations are the not bad at all for English speakers! Chinese words can easily become gibberish without the correct, precise pronunciation. I'd say that most words were pretty clearly pronounced (even some that are usually very hard for English speakers), so this just shows how much time and effort they must have put in.

Just a question: Is this the version recorded a few years back for the Taiwan tour and wasn't released, or is it a freshly recorded version?

I hope Libera's first ever tour to my home country goes well!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Certainly a younger voice - could be Romeo - don't really remember his short COTB solo well enough to be sure. Perhaps someone we have not heard solo before. Very nice, but I would still like to see the release of the full 2013 video/recording.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am">6 years ago</span> One of those very gentle songs, full of melody and flowing like a river.
A river! Totally! I imagine a river full of the moon's golden light is gently moving. And the best part: it overflows at the last verse with all the beautiful golden sparkles - straight to my heart. I think I'm melting right now. *this forum should have had a heart emoticon*

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am">6 years ago</span> The soloist ... hm ... could it be Romeo?
I would think that it is Romeo too. I haven't heard him doing a solo before, but somehow I associated the 'yoyang dai (?)' at 3:01-3:03 with his face immediately. Let's wait until Tuesday, we'll know who it is. :D

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am">6 years ago</span> My Wife is Chinese born and she tells me that the boys diction and sound in Chinese is perfect. She tells me that this song is usually only sung by female singers in China and this is the first time she has heard a male version, albeit by boys. She says that this production lends much to the song and that she absolutely loves this version
I am more than joyful to hear this! I was also worried about the pronunciation. Even I who live in the close by country find it somewhat difficult, let alone British boys. :shock:

Victor C wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> Just a question: Is this the version recorded a few years back for the Taiwan tour and wasn't released, or is it a freshly recorded version?
Not the one from 4 years ago - that one had Michael UR as the soloist, this is clearly not him. :wink:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The China live soloist may not necessarily be the recording's soloist, if the latter happens to not be on the tour for some reason ... and how will we know for sure then? :lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

And I would like to have a Latin transscription of the Chinese words, please. :) :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm">6 years ago</span> The China live soloist may not necessarily be the recording's soloist, if the latter happens to not be on the tour for some reason ... and how will we know for sure then? :lol:
Surely Mr Prizeman would of known which boys were on going on this tour and would of picked a boy who was?