The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Post by filiarheni »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm">6 years ago</span> Surely Mr Prizeman would of known which boys were on going on this tour and would of picked a boy who was?
Most probably it's the same boy, of course. But it also depends on when it was recorded (months ago?); that's why I wrote "happens" and "for some reason". You never know if someone gets ill in the last moment or whatever and can't go.

But I'm very positive and think positive that the soloist will be the soloist. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:05 pm">6 years ago</span> And I would like to have a Latin transscription of the Chinese words, please. :) :)
Here you go, this is the Pinyin version: :)

你問我愛你有多深,我愛你有幾分。
ni wen wo ai ni you duo shen, wo ai ni you ji fen.

我的情不移,我的愛不變,月亮代表我的心。
wo di qing bu yi, wo di ai bu bian, yue liang dai biao wo di xin.

輕輕的一個吻,已經打動我的心。
qing qing di yi ge wen, yi jing da dong wo di xin.

深深的一段情,叫我思念到如今。
shen shen di yi duan qing, jiao wo si nian dao ru jin.

你問我愛你有多深,我愛你有幾分。
ni wen wo ai ni you duo shen, wo ai ni you ji fen.

我的情不移,我的愛不變,月亮代表我的心。

(bridge)

你問我愛你有多深,我愛你有幾分。
我的情不移,我的愛不變,月亮代表我的心。(same as previous verse)

我的情不移,我的愛不變,月亮代表我的心。(solo)

For help reading Pinyin, see here for a list of Pinyin letters with their corresponding IPA pronunciation and approximate English equivalent.
If you find it difficult to read, also try copying and pasting the Chinese text into Google Translate. 😊
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

To be different I will pick a different boy for a solo instead of going with Romeo.

I think it’s Leo, Koji or Tadhg as Leo and Tadgh seem to be more at the forefront of the group now and it’s a new voice that we have not heard before.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Victor C wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm">6 years ago</span> Here you go, this is the Pinyin version: [...]
Oh, wow! Wish expressed and fulfilled straight away with even more information on top - if this only always happened to me! :mrgreen: Thank you very much, Victor! Yes, I pasted the Chinese text into Google Translator, so now I know the meaning, too. Perfect. :D
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm">6 years ago</span> Oh, wow! Wish expressed and fulfilled straight away with even more information on top - if this only always happened to me! :mrgreen: Thank you very much, Victor! Yes, I pasted the Chinese text into Google Translator, so now I know the meaning, too. Perfect. :D
You are welcome :D By the way the 'q' and 'x' are among the hardest bits of Chinese for English speakers to pronounce because they don't exist in English... So again kudos to Libera and their staff for getting it right.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:06 pm">6 years ago</span> To be different I will pick a different boy for a solo instead of going with Romeo.

I think it’s Leo, Koji or Tadhg as Leo and Tadgh seem to be more at the forefront of the group now and it’s a new voice that we have not heard before.
I heard Leo on the US tour and I don't think it's him. I only heard him sing high notes, not this pitch range, but he had a more powerful and clear voice. (I was very impressed with his high notes and mini-solo.) I think I'm going to guess it's either Romeo or Koji.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I will not even try and speculate on the soloist as I have no basis even for a wild guess. We will just have to wait and see who sings it on the tour.

As far as the song itself goes, it is a nice, calm, and soothing song. In listening to other versions of this song online I find myself, unsurprisingly, preferring the Libera version over the myriad of others. The harmonies they have are much more intricate and moving than the other versions I hear online.

I have wanted very much to hear a full recording since 2013 when I saw the Taiwan promotional clip they posted online at that time and now I have finally gotten my wish. It's a really nice song. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I finally solved my internet blocking issue and I was able to listen the 'Moon' I purshased on Amazon, at last! :lol:

The final soloist reminds me Victor's voice, from the talks in Japan. Just a guess of course, but he is my candidate. I don't recognize at all Romeo's voice.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 am">6 years ago</span> The final soloist reminds me Victor's voice, from the talks in Japan. Just a guess of course, but he is my candidate. I don't recognize at all Romeo's voice.
Fan_de_LoK, you were perfectly right! Super! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Patrick you may of been wrong about the new recording but you do know the boys voices well very :)

Well Done you super fan 😁😁😁
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 am">6 years ago</span> The final soloist reminds me Victor's voice, from the talks in Japan. Just a guess of course, but he is my candidate. I don't recognize at all Romeo's voice.
The FDL magic works once again! :D :lol:
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

It's been two years now since Libera recorded the beautiful Chinese song "The Moon Represents My Heart" before their China tour in 2017. Actually we never got to know for sure who the soloist on that recording was. Regarding the fact, the solos were sung by Victor during all China concert, except for one, we assumed it must have been Victor.

Sometimes I like to listen to certain songs on repeat. This time it was "The Moon...". The more I listened to it, the less I was convinced it was Victor in fact, especially remembering Victor's voice from the recent US tour. Then I found a video on YT from one of the China performances with Victor singing the solo in "The Moon..". I won't provide a direct link here, as this is an unofficial video, but for sure you can find it easily. My conclusion is, Victor's voice doesn't fit to the voice on the official recording of "The Moon..". It is pretty much different in fact. This may of course not mean much, but I came across the controversial boxing match advert with Oliver M. singing "Silent night" in it recently.

It can be found here:
and in this thread: http://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/view ... f=4&t=3073

And I found a perfect voice match! :D :D Indeed. For me the voice on "The Moon.." and Oliver's voice fit perfectly and in 100%. This would also justify selecting Oliver for the one performance in China, where it was him, who sung the solo.

Yes, I'm convinced now, it's Oliver M. performing the solo in the official recording of "The Moon Represents My Heart" from 2017. :D :D :D

Libera have been crediting the soloists on their official recordings for some time now, which is very correct in my opinion, as the soloists deserve our appreciation. Too bad, there is no official info for "The Moon..." :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Good work, Andmar. Always good to give the singer credit. I agree with you that it sounds like Oliver.