New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 am">7 years ago</span> Yuki twitted this morning about a news published on the Japanese site 'Sony Music shop', that unveils 7 songs of the new CD 'Hope'

Thanks to Yuki, the translation of the titles to English is guaranteed :)
  • Smile
  • From a Distance
  • San Damiano
  • Salve Regina
  • Stabat Mater
  • Angel
  • Jupiter
Is that 'Angel' (as in the song from 2015) or 'Angele' from last year? We now know they are recording 'Angele' as of yesterday so if 'Angel' is on there as well it must be more than seven tracks which is what we would expect from a new full album.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The Japanese title on the Hope CD is longer than just 'Angel'.
The full title is 天使のくれた奇跡 which can be translated as 'The angel gave me a miracle'.
It's the 'Angel' from Summer 2015, it can't be the 'Angele Dei' from Decembre 2016.

Perhaps they will release not one but two CDs ?
- the CD 'Hope' in Japan with the label Libera Records, having the 7 songs we already know,
- and another one in Europe, with the label IHM they already used for the 'Libera at Christmas' mini-CD.
The IHM CD may then have different songs that the Hope CD.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Do Libera have the budget to do two album releases and surely it would just complicate matters to have two albums but with different material?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:33 pm">7 years ago</span> Do Libera have the budget to do two album releases and surely it would just complicate matters to have two albums but with different material?
If the Japanese release is being funded in part or whole by Libera Records, and then Libera turns around and issues an international CD independently using most of the tracks from the Japanese release, they would actually make out better financially. They record the music at their own cost in their own studio using their own equipment and their own personnel regardless of any other factors. Libera Records would probably only fund the production and distribution and marketing (which likely includes the May tour) of the new album in Japan.

Libera would only have to pay for the production and release and marketing of the international album (through IHM). And many fans, particularly in Japan, may buy both albums so as to obtain all of the songs.

But I do agree with your point about confusion, it would definitely create confusion if the albums are released concurrently under the same name. I have a feeling, though, that this will not happen or we would have seen the album available for pre-order by vendors outside of Japan.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera has posted a tweet with 35 seconds of samples on a few new songs, including Smile and the Three Ravens :)

I report this tweet here on the 'Hope' CD subject, but it's still unclear where all the songs will be released.
As we know, the Three Ravens is not listed on the Japanese sites that published the Hope songs list.

The logical conclusion would be that the list is going to be updated... We will see :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm">7 years ago</span> Libera has posted a tweet with 35 seconds of samples on a few new songs, including Smile and the Three Ravens :)

I report this tweet here on the 'Hope' CD subject, but it's still unclear where all the songs will be released.
As we know, the Three Ravens is not listed on the Japanese sites that published the Hope songs list.

The logical conclusion would be that the list is going to be updated... We will see :wink:

Wasn't Home also on that clip ?

So there must be more songs to come you would think.

ETA - three ravens sounds like the best track so far. Was the first song Smile ?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm">7 years ago</span>
Wasn't Home also on that clip ?

So there must be more songs to come you would think.

ETA - three ravens sounds like the best track so far. Was the first song Smile ?
It was, so the album must be more than the 7 tracks notified in Japan and clearly the album is to be world wide or Libera wouldn't have posted that clip. Hopefully we will get something like 'Peace deluxe' album with 16 tracks and some DVD's!

Also, strange photo to use for the backdrop of the clip given the current line up of boys.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Does anybody know what song number 2 was on the clip ?

Also is that Gregor on Three Ravens ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm">7 years ago</span> The logical conclusion would be that the list is going to be updated... We will see :wink:
I agree that this is in fact the logical conclusion. I was really convinced about there being two albums but this tweet contradicts that.

I can't wait to hear it, it sounds amazing! :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:Does anybody know what song number 2 was on the clip ?
Not yet, I'm still trying to identify it :?
The four samples are :
00'' - 09'' : Smile
10'' - 16'' : ?
17'' - 23'' : Home
24'' - 32'' : The Three Ravens

dani wrote:Also is that Gregor on Three Ravens ?
It's likely to be him, based on the photos that Libera published in October, and the voice seems to fit also :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Also, strange photo to use for the backdrop of the clip given the current line up of boys.
The photo used is not this old, it was taken less than one year ago during the last tour in Korea :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

All bits sound wonderful. I especially love the second bit and the solo on The Three Ravens :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Could they be releasing a mini-album specifically for the Japanese market, then releasing a full album worldwide?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you for the link!
The second bit calls my attention, it sounds promising, this probably is a very beautiful song. Maybe one of the two new songs, Stabat Mater or Salve Regina?

Glad to hear The Three Ravens!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The 2nd short sample may be "Stabat Mater" or "Salve Regina", however I think it's another song, I feel the rhythm to be a bit fast to fit a latin plainsong.