New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by john45 »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 pm">7 years ago</span> So from that the new clip we have

Wayfairing stranger
Angele
?
?
Fourth is "From a Distance". In the third "Venite adoremus" can be clearly heard but it isn't "Adeste Fideles". Several Gregorian chants include this phrase - perhaps an RP arrangement of one or something new. I take back my reservations about "From a Distance". Going by the short clip, it should be excellent.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I second you John for the "Venite Adoremus" words on the third.
I listen to various versions on Youtube but with no success to find one that matches more or less the short libera sample.

A least we know it's a song in latin :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

chris17 wrote:I think I hear "excelsis" in the lower harmony part, possibly the beginning of "Deo" (as in "excelsis Deo"). I'm having a harder time understanding the higher part, but the "-oria" at the beginning could be the end of "gloria" as well, and there may be an "excelsis" in there as well. I tried to listen to see if it was the phrase "gloria in excelsis Deo" (glory to God in the highest), but I can't make it out for sure.

Thanks Chris, you are very likely right :)
I used an audio software to change the speed and pitch and run it in endless loop.

The lower harmony in the background sings slowly: "eeee   xceeel   siiiis   Dee*"
The start of the 'o' on Deo is barely audible but the rest fits quite well.

The high part sings: "ooOOoo  ria-iiin  eeEExceeel  siiiII***"
The end of the high part is a bit funny though, but besides that your description matches.

This said, even with assuming the words we hear are indeed "Gloria in Excelsis Deo", this doesn't help very much to identify the song :wink:
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Hi everyone !

Just ordered the CD/DVD from CD Japan.
This is my first pre-ordered album, very exciting about it :)

Thanks FDL for your information !
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Al17 wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:01 pm">7 years ago</span> Hi everyone !

Just ordered the CD/DVD from CD Japan.
This is my first pre-ordered album, very exciting about it :)

Thanks FDL for your information !
Very nice. :D

It looks like this was your first post at Libera Dreams.....welcome! :D

If you're feeling up to it perhaps you can make an introduction post on the Introduce Yourself sub-forum. It is always interesting to hear how fans discovered Libera, their favorite albums, concerts attended, etc.

I can't wait to read what you think of the new album once we all finally get it.
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm">7 years ago</span>
It looks like this was your first post at Libera Dreams.....welcome! :D

I can't wait to read what you think of the new album once we all finally get it.
Thanks ! :D

It looks and sounds already great !
Let's see what follows ! :)

Please give me some time for an introduction.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Being a bit lost in the songs list known so far, I took the time to reread this whole subject.
I took some notes for myself and then I thought I should share a summary of the various information and ideas that have sparked.
Sorry to be too long and to have a rough English, but since the activity of the forum is calm in recent days you will forgive me this overflow of text :)

1) How many songs ?
We know there are more songs that the 7 currently shown on the Japanese music sites.
Dani suggested they average about 13/14 songs per album.

I checked how many songs were on some CDs that have new titles (not deluxe versions, DVDs, mini-CDs or Japanese compilations): Free 13, Visions 13, Leiden Concert 13, New Dawn 14, Peace 13, Christmas Album 16, Christmas in Ireland 15, Libera in America 16. The average of these CDs is 14.125
--> So let's assume Hope could have 14 songs.
In addition, the 7 songs revealed by the Japanese music sites would represent a perfectly round 50%, which sounds nice ;)

2) Songs known so far
  • 7 songs are known from the Japanese site Sony Music Shop, kindly translated by Yuki (here)
    • Smile
    • From a Distance
    • San Damiano
    • Salve Regina
    • Stabat Mater
    • Angel
    • Jupiter
  • 3 more songs were known from the 1st Libera teaser (here)
    • Mysterious song #1, where we can most probably hear the words "Gloria in Excelsis Deo"
    • Home
    • The Three Ravens
  • Again 3 more songs are known from the 2nd Libera teaser (here)
    • Wayfaring Stranger
    • Angele Dei
    • Mysterious song #2, where we can most probably hear the words "Venite Adoremus"
    This totals 13 songs.
    The latin words "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" and "Venite Adoremus" don't seem to fit the lyrics that can be found for 'Salve Regina' or 'Stabat Mater'. The two mysterious songs are probably not a double with any of the 11 other songs.

So on the hypothetical basis of 14 songs for the CD, there would be still 1 song to be discovered.

3)The candidate songs for the last one
  • Dreaming of Home ?
    Dani was the first to mention it, right at the beginning of this subject, more than one month ago.
    When thinking to it, I indeed see two reasons to believe into this song.
    • A subjective reason : the fans expectation.
      Since this song was sung at the 2013 Guildford concert fans pray to have it recorded someday. Surely Robert is aware of the very positive reception that song got by the fans, so why not choose that one for the next CD ?
    • The second reason is a more questionable: in Robert's comments about the next CD 'Hope', he said he wanted to create a 'happy feeling by putting dreams and hopes in harmony'.
      Perhaps Robert's choice to use the word 'dream' was in direct link with that song ?
  • Total Praise ?
    That song was also mentioned in this subject.
    The for and against about this song: the lyrics can fit more or less the purpose of the CD, it was sung live last August in front of a crowd of a million people at the WYD, and Robert chose to keep it for the St George concert in December. It could be a sign that he has more projects for that song...
    The against could be that the reception of that song by the fans may not be as strong as what Dreaming of home got.

• Benedictus Deus ?
    That song was mentioned in another subject (here) because the composer Mark McKenzie himself put it on the table in a very unexpected move.
    A couple of days ago he posted a comment on facebook where he says that the "London boys choir LIBERA will release a newly recorded and extended 'Benedictus Deus' soon".
    The project of an extended version of that song is not a novelty, it was already mentioned by Mark McKenzie a couple of years years ago, but since nothing occurred and it was forgotten for long by everyone.
    And suddenly he writes that comment, right at the moment when Libera teases the fans for the new CD.
    It sounds like a strong coincidence. Could it be too strong to be really just a coincidence ? We will see...
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I also tried to find an hint on photos of some music scores posted by Moose or Project Instrumental but I failed to make any progress.

I tried to apply the 'Filiarheni' method (see here) but it led me nowhere.
The only score I'm sure to have identified is Angele Dei, which we already knew, and the others are too barely readable to allow to conclude anything....

So what still remain to be solved is :
- the exact titles of the two songs where we hear 'Gloria in Excelsis Deo' and 'Venite Adoremus',
- how many songs are really on the CD ? (13? 14? 15? Less? More?),
- the unknown songs required to fit that number if over 13.

Any idea ? :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Amazing analysis, FDL!! I do not think it is possible to speculate beyond what you already have because we have no new facts on which to base any guesses or speculations.

The only remaining mystery to me, on which we can theorize, is whether or not there are two albums or just a single album. While it would appear that there is to be a single album, there is no discounting (at least not quite yet) a Japanese-only special version that is shorter and has a DVD attached to it. The probability of this happening grows smaller and smaller with every piece of information we get about the new album, but the 7 tracks and no more showing up on the Japanese vendors websites still makes it a distinct possibility.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera Official has released his last teaser video from the new album 'Hope' :D

The 4 new revealed songs are :
- Angel
- Salve Regina
- ?
- Dreaming of Home

The two firsts, Angel and Salve Regina were already known to be on the list.
Salve Regina sounds beautiful!

The third song is mysterious.
By elimination I thought it could be 'Stabat Mater', but I failed to find lyrics that fit what I hear from the short sample.
Can someone identify clearly the words they sing ?

The fourth song, 'Dreaming of Home', is a Wonderful News !
You were true to hope for it Dani, well done !!
After 4 years of awaiting, we will finally have it on a CD ! Thank you Libera :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

While I'm extremely happy that Dreaming of Home is confirmed to be on the CD, I'm a bit saddened that so far 'Benedictus Deus' doesn't seem to be included :|

I was strongly hoping for that song, since I read from Mark Mackenzie FB's comment that it was to be released soon, and from his web site too.

My last tiny hope is then than perhaps one of the three mysterious samples in Latin corresponds to the newly created middle part or to the Ending that Mark McKenzie refers to on his site.
if this should be the case, then the 'Gloria in Excelsis Deo' seems to fit better than the two others.

Less that 6 weeks remain before the release of the CD.
Hopefully the Japanese Music sites will update very soon their pages with the whole songs list and the art cover.
These video teasers make the waiting even more unbearable!! :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am so happy , I will admit I'm surprised total praise has been omitted but my favourite song in the last 4 years is finally on a album so that can not be topped :D

The 3rd song on that clip sounds really good. Salva sounded different than I expected but that's because I am used to the Winchester one.
Last edited by dani on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

I am very excited Dreaming of Home is on the new album, based on hearing amazing reviews from the concerts a few years ago. But... I had hoped it would be an older recording with Tom on it. I am assuming that this one is a new recording which will not have Tom, but I can hope. At least we finally will have a recording of it.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I think it's possible the mystery one could be Stabat Mater. I hear the word "morte" (Latin for dead/death) which would fit the theme of Stabat Mater, which is about the Virgin Mary standing at the foot of the cross - "stabat mater dolorosa" means "the sorrowful mother stands." I looked up the usual lyrics and I didn't see "morte" specifically in them, but RP could have created his own version of the lyrics as well.

I'm very, very excited for the album - I think it's going to turn out very well. :D I'm especially excited to hear Dreaming of Home after hearing so much about it.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow, this album just gets better and BETTER :D

And is that Isaac singing on "Angel"? I am not surprised that they did not choose to re-record this song; he did an excellent job.

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am">7 years ago</span> These video teasers make the waiting even more unbearable!! :)
What makes it more unbearable is not knowing when the music videos are coming out! Before the release? After? The same day?

Why not right now? :wink: